PDA

View Full Version : Government Transparency... Video of Amash speaking

Michigan11
07-14-2010, 05:54 PM
Sounds very much like RP, and he is actually doing it while in his current state rep. office, while running for the US HOUSE right now.

YouTube - Rep. Amash on gov't transparency (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXCB9jzhQFo)

Michigan11
07-14-2010, 07:38 PM
Just bumping for those who haven't heard about him, or seen him.

Less than 3 weeks and this guy may be a win for US House.

.... and yes he is in the lead neck and neck with another opponent, for this open house seat.

tpreitzel
07-14-2010, 07:54 PM
It's not easy being a good representative of the people while holding to constitutional principle. Frequently conflict arises between the desires of groups of constituents who don't generally realize the consequences of their desires and a representative's obedience to the US Constitution which allows maximal freedom of constituents to pursue their own lives and assume the risks thereof.

Michigan11
07-14-2010, 09:50 PM
It's not easy being a good representative of the people while holding to constitutional principle. Frequently conflict arises between the desires of groups of constituents who don't generally realize the consequences of their desires and a representative's obedience to the US Constitution which allows maximal freedom of constituents to pursue their own lives and assume the risks thereof.

Did you just write that? I think that is a brilliant statement. I've thought alot about how much pressure these reps have on them to sway a certain way, yet those principled must have the most pressure. So we need to really stand behind the good guys, and back them up. Anyways... nice

tpreitzel
07-14-2010, 10:32 PM
Did you just write that? I think that is a brilliant statement. I've thought alot about how much pressure these reps have on them to sway a certain way, yet those principled must have the most pressure. So we need to really stand behind the good guys, and back them up. Anyways... nice

Thanks for the compliment. Look at the situation through the eyes of a new representative. The people elect him and then essentially abandon him with the caveat, "Do something to fix the mess in Washington, DC". Unfortunately, doing something likely entails doing something unconstitutional unless it involves repealing legislation or impeachment. ;) Once elected, we, the people, need to offer much support to representatives who desire to follow the US Constitution, a feedback loop of life support.

james1906
07-14-2010, 10:36 PM

You should make this your signature.

tpreitzel
07-14-2010, 10:41 PM
You should make this your signature.

Personally, I'll pass. If I say anything further, I'll embarrass myself. ;)

Michigan11
07-14-2010, 11:03 PM
Thanks for the compliment. Look at the situation through the eyes of a new representative. The people elect him and then essentially abandon him with the caveat, "Do something to fix the mess in Washington, DC". Unfortunately, doing something likely entails doing something unconstitutional unless it involves repealing legislation or impeachment. ;) Once elected, we, the people, need to offer much support to representatives who desire to follow the US Constitution, a feedback loop of life support.

The feedback loop, couldn't be more clear on our role as a movement in backing those who stand up for liberty and freedom. Agreed. Something we should think about is to step in the shoes of some of our great leaders.... How does Ron feel being in that office, he hasn't always had the backing he enjoys today.