PDA

View Full Version : Govt told BP...

DapperDan
07-14-2010, 05:31 PM
to not complete the pressure test and not put the cap on yet? Apparently this was in the Dallas Morning News...

Reid wants to present Cap and Trade during this no time too.

Anyone read this too? I'm trying to find the article...my mother was telling me about it today.

Sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me.

Oh and hi. I know I haven't been around but I'm still kickin and edamucatin people.

IPSecure
07-14-2010, 05:35 PM
It was unclear whether there was something in the results of the mapping that prompted officials to delay.

National Incident Cmdr. Thad Allen met with the federal energy secretary and the head of the U.S. Geological Survey as well as BP officials and other scientists after the mapping was done.

"As a result of these discussions, we decided that the process may benefit from additional analysis," Allen, a retired Coast Guard admiral, said in a prepared statement.

He didn't specify what type of analysis would be done but said work would continue until today.
Link (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/texassouthwest/stories/DN-oilspill_14tex.ART0.State.Edition2.29cca51.html)

jkr
07-14-2010, 05:38 PM
isnt this treason?

DOES ANY ONE GIVE A FUCK ?

puppetmaster
07-14-2010, 05:57 PM
Us gov = major failure

aravoth
07-14-2010, 06:25 PM
Guys, when shit like this happens, post it to your blogs, and e-mail it to everyone you know. The more the People see how incompetent the Federal Government is, the more it helps our cause.

awake
07-14-2010, 06:33 PM
3 weeks till climate bill...they need flowing oil...

Number19
07-14-2010, 06:37 PM
Yes, it was reported on the radio driving home from work. The reason given is that the government hacks were concerned that the well could not take the pressure and would further rupture.

But late this evening, BP has started closing the valve. This is a slow process to insure that the building pressure does in fact not cause any problems. Don't know when they started, but tomorrow morning's news should tell us the results.

aravoth
07-14-2010, 06:45 PM
3 weeks till climate bill...they need flowing oil...

Never waste a good crisis...

Romulus
07-14-2010, 08:21 PM
bump

Dr.3D
07-14-2010, 09:02 PM
Seems like we should be able to see how far along they are using this site.

http://www.bp.com/liveassets/bp_internet/globalbp/globalbp_uk_english/incident_response/STAGING/local_assets/html/Skandi_ROV2.html

DapperDan
07-15-2010, 05:28 AM
Link (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/texassouthwest/stories/DN-oilspill_14tex.ART0.State.Edition2.29cca51.html)

yup thats it, thanks

Bruno
07-15-2010, 06:51 AM
If/when they do cap it, it could cause backpressure at other points along the pipe that ruptured. Remember when this first happened they showed numerous leaks? Haven't seen those for awhile, just the main gusher.

tangent4ronpaul
07-15-2010, 05:28 PM
Subsea operational update:

The well integrity test on the MC252 well commenced today; full closure of the choke valve occurred at approximately 2:25pm.

-Currently the well remains shut-in with no oil flowing into the Gulf; any significant change to this operation will be announced via a press release.

-For the first 12 hours on July 15 (midnight to noon), approximately 5,875 barrels of oil were collected and approximately 3,430 barrels of oil and 22.5 million cubic feet of natural gas were flared.

-We anticipate the next update will be provided at around 9:30am CDT on July 16, 2010.
Updated July 15 at 6:00 pm CDT