PDA

View Full Version : Dick Cheney In Recovery After Major Heart Surgery: Huff Post

michaelwise
07-14-2010, 05:18 PM
I don't get it. Not one disparaging comment from the Huffington posters, only love and kisses. While I do believe Love is the universal blessing that should be extended by all, Shame is also a very useful tool.

For one who has done more damage to my country than could possibly be imagined, I can only pray for the swift death of the ones that deserves it most.

Cheney is still a very bad influence on our country, and I for one would prefer he no longer be among us. I'll be dancing on his grave.

Can someone please explain to me the mindset of those Huffington posters? Praising someone for their bad deeds just encourages them.

Update;
I just saw a great explanation of Cheney's condition on Rachel Maddow. Apparently Dick has no pulse. He is now powered by an electric motor pump. He has to have himself plugged into a wall socket most of the day. It seems Cheney won't be giving us any more trouble.

"owiseone
May he live long and strong to enjoy every bit of the legacy he has earned.

HUFFPOST SUPER USER
You are loved Mr. Chaney.
I never, ever agreed with him politically. But I do wish him a successful surgery and a speedy recovery..
We pray for you...

Share it whoknew
Rest well Mr. Cheney and I hope for a peaceful recovery surrounded by your family and friends.

Hopefully you will at least has a kind word for us progressives too....

This procedure is reserved for "end stage" heart failure. I'm surprised he did not come here to the Cleveland Clinic, which has performed over 500 of this surgery.

cabgx2
We are praying for you Mr. Vice President.
Get well soon
Pull through Mr. Vice President

You are a great American and a wonderful example to the youth of this great country.

AZterritory
LVAD heart device. Today, LVADs such as the one illustrated in this cutaway drawing ease the load on a diseased heart, providing a bridge to eventual heart replacement...
med.stanford.edu ›

You are a great American.

Mr. Cheney had his first heart attack at age 37. He's lived a lifetime with complications. Best wishes for a healthful future.
I hope as he recovers, that this time he listens to his heart, and uses it wisely...
Indeed.
It may be a new heart. Seriously, it really sounds like he is one step away from a heart transplant.

I am really impressed with the Cheney responses on this forum. No doubt there is no love lost for him. When I logged in, I fully expected to see posts hoping for his demise. Kudos to all of you.

I am no supporter of Obama, Pesosi, Hoyer, Biden and the rest. Frankly, I believe they are choosing to encourage dependency on government. It took alot for me to break free of this dependency.

That said, I would NEVER wish harm to them or their families!! Let the debate continue, but lets keep it classy, professional and healthy..to all !!

HUFFPOST SUPER USER
I think the vast majority of people on these huffpo boards would never say or think anything as nasty as that. It's too bad you were expecting that.

A big shout out to the Troops.
Hear, hear.

HUFFPOST SUPER USER
Yep. Totally agree. "

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/14/dick-cheney-heart-surgery_n_646521.html#comments

MelissaWV
07-14-2010, 05:27 PM
Instead of praying for his demise, you could instead hope that he lives long enough to demonstrate the efficacy of the device they're implanting. This device is usually only used in temporary circumstances, rather than for longterm results. If it works here, that's one more positive that might save the life of someone you love. If it fails, it will be one more negative that will delay the device's use and only serve to cast doubt on whether or not it's good for this purpose.

I'm sure you considered that, though, and settled on a hearty "screw you" instead.

DapperDan
07-14-2010, 05:29 PM
no comment. but lets hope the technology continues to improve for others sakes

dannno
07-14-2010, 05:36 PM
Trip.

Anti Federalist
07-14-2010, 05:38 PM
He needs another pound of fetal grindings.

jkr
07-14-2010, 05:41 PM
DID HE EVER actually HAVE A HEART?

GOD be with you, i am not

Imaginos
07-14-2010, 05:47 PM
Evil never dies.

DanK86
07-14-2010, 05:53 PM
i would like him to live just for the fact i want to see him sentenced for treason...

specsaregood
07-14-2010, 06:10 PM
I don't get it. Not one disparaging comment from the Huffington posters, only love and kisses.
Huff post moderates, no messages are shown until they are approved.

I'm sure you considered that, though, and settled on a hearty "screw you" instead.
Fair enough, I have considered what you said. I still think it is time for him to meet his maker.

coastie
07-14-2010, 06:48 PM
Instead of praying for his demise, you could instead hope that he lives long enough to demonstrate the efficacy of the device they're implanting. This device is usually only used in temporary circumstances, rather than for longterm results. If it works here, that's one more positive that might save the life of someone you love. If it fails, it will be one more negative that will delay the device's use and only serve to cast doubt on whether or not it's good for this purpose.

Well, I did. A LOT of people have died because of this sick man. He wont be the last one to have this device tried on, give me a break:rolleyes:

Good riddance, and I hope its slow and painful, much like the people in the Middle East are suffering that didn't have the luxury of having one of his bombs make a direct hit.

nobody's_hero
07-14-2010, 06:50 PM

Can they take it back out if it works?

Bossobass
07-14-2010, 07:02 PM
"Only the good die young."

Bosso

michaelwise
07-14-2010, 07:14 PM
I just saw a great explanation of Cheney's condition on Rachel Maddow. Apparently Dick has no pulse. He is now powered by an electric motor pump. He has to have himself plugged into a wall socket most of the day. It seems Cheney won't be giving us any more trouble.

speciallyblend
07-14-2010, 07:15 PM
cheney needs to pull thru he will be obama's vp in 2012

specsaregood
07-14-2010, 07:21 PM
He has to have himself plugged into a wall socket most of the day. It seems Cheney won't be giving us any more trouble.

No, this is how skynet becomes self-aware and the battles begin.

silus
07-14-2010, 07:34 PM
Heart surgery?? Was it doctors or engineers that performed it?

michaelwise
07-14-2010, 08:33 PM
No, this is how skynet becomes self-aware and the battles begin.He is now integrated into the matrix he helped create.

SWATH
07-14-2010, 10:12 PM
DID HE EVER actually HAVE A HEART?

I heard about this on the radio today and I laughed out loud. I'm not kidding this is what was said by the news person verbatim:

"Former Vice President Dick Cheney had just undergone surgery and is making it public today, he had a device installed to help pump blood throughout his body"

michaelwise
07-15-2010, 12:14 AM
What comes around goes around.

Kotin
07-15-2010, 12:17 AM
He needs another pound of fetal grindings.

Every half hour..;):D

MelissaWV
07-15-2010, 06:11 AM
Well, I did. A LOT of people have died because of this sick man. He wont be the last one to have this device tried on, give me a break:rolleyes:

Good riddance, and I hope its slow and painful, much like the people in the Middle East are suffering that didn't have the luxury of having one of his bombs make a direct hit.

I didn't say he would be the last to have the device tried on him, but if you're aware of how medical trials work (or experimental uses for new devices), you know that someone kicking the bucket during that trial or experimental use means delays. It has to be determined whether or not the new device contributed to the person's death. This is part of the reason it takes so damned long to get drugs approved, in particular for the elderly or already ill; the results have to be sifted over and over again. Most of the people given the new drug or device were probably at death's door, but since if the device is unsafe it will open up the company/hospital to lawsuits, every death must be investigated over and over again to ensure no causation.

Technology, especially that which delays transplantation needs or removes them altogether, is a darned good thing.

I'm sure I'm not going to convince anyone it's worth keeping Cheney around, though, and you'll all keep praying for his demise. This board is becoming a regular Falwell chorus from time to time. "Quick! Someone we don't like is sick! Let's start hoping they kick the bucket! They were a sinner!" I personally don't get it. I'd rather have the technology work... and then he can die whenever it's time for him to die.

Danke
07-15-2010, 07:04 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_HtYqpuanboQ/R1Hv_-X3_QI/AAAAAAAAArg/3HHGk9pATNg/s1600-R/Angel%2BHeart%2B.jpg

devil21
07-16-2010, 12:56 AM
double post

devil21
07-16-2010, 12:56 AM
The guy is a goddamn robot now!

I wonder how long it would take for a prole to get access to this heart machine if dying of heart disease. Good luck serf.

Austrian Econ Disciple
07-16-2010, 01:06 AM
I wonder if I'll be living in the 6th day in 40 years. It's a truly scary thought. As for Dick Cheney....he's just the result of the institution. They'll be more and more of his ilk. There's no point cheering his death on, when another will soon fill the void. I'll be cheering for the day the State is dismantled, and his ilk shunned like they should be.

Petar
07-16-2010, 01:50 AM
I wonder if I'll be living in the 6th day in 40 years. It's a truly scary thought. As for Dick Cheney....he's just the result of the institution. They'll be more and more of his ilk. There's no point cheering his death on, when another will soon fill the void. I'll be cheering for the day the State is dismantled, and his ilk shunned like they should be.

You serve the purpose of his ilk, whether you realize it or not.

Your constant anarchist propaganda is what is called "demoralization", in co-intel terms.

michaelwise
07-16-2010, 01:55 AM

Your constant anarchist propaganda is what is called "demoralization", in co-intel terms.I don't see how it is anarchy if you just follow the letter of the constitution.

Austrian Econ Disciple
07-16-2010, 01:55 AM

Your constant anarchist propaganda is what is called "demoralization", in co-intel terms.

Yeah, I would suppose to the Statist, the unadultered liberty message would be "demoralization". I guess Marc Faber, Doug Casey, Ron Paul, Peter Schiff, and the rest of the "Gloom & Doom" are co-intel for the Statists with their constant "demoralizations" and truths of reality!

PS: Oh yeah, that damn Patrick Henry too.

CCTelander
07-16-2010, 02:52 AM

And I'd call your constant desire to continue shoving a gun in people's faces IMmoralization, if I were in the mood to be brutally honest.

Instead I'll just say "Give it a rest."

Petar
07-16-2010, 03:50 AM
Yeah, I would suppose to the Statist, the unadultered liberty message would be "demoralization". I guess Marc Faber, Doug Casey, Ron Paul, Peter Schiff, and the rest of the "Gloom & Doom" are co-intel for the Statists with their constant "demoralizations" and truths of reality!

PS: Oh yeah, that damn Patrick Henry too.

Ron Paul and Peter Schiff are not anarchists.

I don't personally know anything about those other guys that you mentioned.

And I'd call your constant desire to continue shoving a gun in people's faces IMmoralization, if I were in the mood to be brutally honest.

Instead I'll just say "Give it a rest."

That is just more demoralizing anarchist propaganda.

You equate the idea of having any state at all, with the idea of violence.

While it is true that at least some threat of force is required to have any kind of state, it is also true that "no state" is not actually possible with human beings.

Government is inevitable, and that is why intelligent people are trying to reform it, and restore it to something that serves the common interest.

When you try to convince us that we should give up on being reformers, then you are only helping the evil people who are trying to get us out of the way, as they work to make government even more tyrannical.

So in that way, anarchist propaganda only really serves the interests of the oligarchy.

P.S.

I'll "give it up" as soon as anarchists stop spreading their propaganda here.