PDA

View Full Version : Washington Watch Blog Praises Justin Amash

biles1234
07-14-2010, 03:20 PM
http://www.washingtonwatch.com/blog/2010/07/14/heres-a-transparency-candidate/

There's a great YouTube video about Justin in the link, check it out!

Here’s a Transparency Candidate

Posted by Jim Harper, July 14, 2010 at 4:06 pm

“As long as you don’t know what’s going on, you can’t hold them accountable. And that’s what I’m trying to change here.”

Those are the words of Justin Amash, a candidate for the Republican nomination in Michigan’s 3rd congressional district. Judging by his comments, captured on the YouTube video below, he “gets” transparency. Transparency is key to holding elected representatives accountable.

Now, I didn’t learn about Amash at random. My libertarian friends are giddy about this candidate because of his policy positions and the (allegedly/apparently) real possibility that he will be elected.

Judge for yourself on all those things. Here’s a blog post listing many of his positions and attributes, including the fact that he posts all his votes on his Facebook page.

(Note the comment on the blog post—with transparency, Amash has opened himself up to critique. Status quo federal politicians avoid criticism by obscuring their actions and declining to interact with the public much of the time.)

Now if you review his policy ideas, you may not find a candidate with a set of positions entirely to your liking. (Or you may be giddy!) An Amash quote brings us back to transparency and its value.

“At the end of the day, I think it’s more important for most people that they can trust their representative than that their representative agrees with them on every single issue.”

Mind you, politicians will say just about anything to get elected. It remains to be seen whether Amash would walk his talk as a federal representative.

Michigan11
07-14-2010, 11:08 PM
It's not easy for a freedom fighting representative to get noticed especially in a year like this when there are so many taking the word Liberty and Tea Party, and runnin under the banner, but he seems to be getting noticed more and more by the day, especially his record and the number of supporters catching on at this rate. Donations really matter at this stage to give him an edge on getting the word out in this horse race.

He can take it if we can spread it fast enough within our movement.

Cowlesy
07-15-2010, 11:33 AM
It's not easy for a freedom fighting representative to get noticed especially in a year like this when there are so many taking the word Liberty and Tea Party, and runnin under the banner, but he seems to be getting noticed more and more by the day, especially his record and the number of supporters catching on at this rate. Donations really matter at this stage to give him an edge on getting the word out in this horse race.

He can take it if we can spread it fast enough within our movement.

he's catchin' on, I'm tellin' ya!