PDA

View Full Version : Census Worker Dropped By and Left Some Paper Today

healthpellets
07-13-2010, 07:55 PM
Apparently, when I sent in my Census data back in April, only filling out Question 1 (how many people live in your house?) wasn't sufficient.

Anyone had any follow ups by Census workers? If so, how did you handle it? Or did you?

GunnyFreedom
07-13-2010, 08:24 PM
They have not come to me, but I still have signs up threatening deadly force if they capture GPS coordinates on my front door.... :D

I will tell them that US Census data was used to round up the Japanese for interment during WW2 and I don't know who will be President in 25 years, do you? I don't trust them with that Data, and the US Constitution only provides for an enumeration of human being by address. That is what i have provided and it is all that I will provide. Thank you for your time and sorry for the bother. Would you like a copy of the US Constitution with Glen Bradley for State House on it? :D

If they bring a trooper on account of my sign, I will tell them that if they do not capture GPS coordinates of my front door then they can talk all day long without issue, in my own living room even without an iota of worry; I will serve coffee while I educate them; but I do not know who will be President in 10 years, and I do consider a GPS database including my front door down to the inch in the hands of the President in 10 or 20 years, to be a direct and deadly threat to my life and the life of my family.

They can ask what they like and I will cooperate and be friendly, except that I will only provide the number of residents and the fact that we are human, which is in accordance with the US Constitution's requirement for Federal enumeration.

belian78
07-13-2010, 08:42 PM
I only answered the first question. a week ago i get a voicemail on my phone telling me to call a number and reference a case number. so i said what the hell and called...

I called and sure enough, it was a 'follow up survey' to make sure that nothing was 'double counted' or recorded twice. LOL i told the lady that there was nothing to count twice as i only answered that two individuals lived in my home.

Of course, then came the line that 'this is permitted by law..' to which i quickly answered, yes it is. it's the purpose of the census to record the number of individuals living in a certain geographical location to ensure proper representation. This went back and forth for a while, the lady then started trying to get me to say that I was 'refusing to participate in the survey and the census'. My answer of course, was that I didnt refuse, I answered the question I that was required of me. Eventually she just quit talking and got her supervisor on the phone.

I had essentially the same conversation with the supervisor, until I heard her and her co-workers laughing at me in the background. I let them know how unprofessional that was, and how sad it was that someone that didnt want to tell an anonymous stranger over the phone intimate details about me and my son's lives, I was worthy of being laughed at.

So then she tells me that I'll be getting called again seeing as that I didnt complete the survey. I got one other call after that, so I'm just waiting for the visit to my door to finish this survey. I'm going to record that, if it happens.

Anti Federalist
07-13-2010, 09:09 PM
Laughed at you, of course they did.

Education and non violence and passive resistance is the way to go...yeah, right.

Time for a gut check freedom remnant: you are a small, a tiny, minority, and that's all we'll ever be, that's all we've ever been throughout recorded history.

The great masses of asses do not want freedom, never had never will.

All they want is some mindless drivel to fill their head and some cheap food to fill their gullets.

To bring them to liberty, they will have to dragged along kicking and screaming the whole way, thrashing around like a drowning man, just as likely to drown you for saving them.

They will laugh at us, and when the time comes, they will happily turn us in to the "authorities" when these same "authorities" blame us for the fact that everybody is cold, hungry and in the dark.

Fuck these people and fuck trying to "educate" them.

It's like trying to teach pigs to whistle, for fuck's sake.

//end rant//

I only answered the first question. a week ago i get a voicemail on my phone telling me to call a number and reference a case number. so i said what the hell and called...

I called and sure enough, it was a 'follow up survey' to make sure that nothing was 'double counted' or recorded twice. LOL i told the lady that there was nothing to count twice as i only answered that two individuals lived in my home.

Of course, then came the line that 'this is permitted by law..' to which i quickly answered, yes it is. it's the purpose of the census to record the number of individuals living in a certain geographical location to ensure proper representation. This went back and forth for a while, the lady then started trying to get me to say that I was 'refusing to participate in the survey and the census'. My answer of course, was that I didnt refuse, I answered the question I that was required of me. Eventually she just quit talking and got her supervisor on the phone.

I had essentially the same conversation with the supervisor, until I heard her and her co-workers laughing at me in the background. I let them know how unprofessional that was, and how sad it was that someone that didnt want to tell an anonymous stranger over the phone intimate details about me and my son's lives, I was worthy of being laughed at.

So then she tells me that I'll be getting called again seeing as that I didnt complete the survey. I got one other call after that, so I'm just waiting for the visit to my door to finish this survey. I'm going to record that, if it happens.

Reason
07-13-2010, 09:21 PM
Apparently, when I sent in my Census data back in April, only filling out Question 1 (how many people live in your house?) wasn't sufficient.

Anyone had any follow ups by Census workers? If so, how did you handle it? Or did you?

I only filled out the number of people living at the residence question and when the lady came to my door I told her that would be the only question I would be answering and she actually said that that was fine and that she only filled out that question as well! I was like :eek: :)

I then asked her if she had heard of the incompletely filled out responses would be counted and she said yes they would be.

nateerb
07-13-2010, 09:30 PM
I did question #1. Some guy has been trying to get me for three days, he left two notices and has knocked three or four times. If he does manage to catch me, he's getting the "Public Servant Questionaire" I found online for just this purpose - three pages where he basically has to agree to a personal lawsuit from myself if the Census ever uses the data for other than what they law says they can. It needs two witnesses as well as his signature, and I am also going to ask him to get it notarized. If he can do all that I will give him my alias, tell him I am white, and give him my soon to be disconnected phone number.

Natalie
07-13-2010, 09:32 PM
There is a thread about it here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=242381&highlight=answer+census

My roommate and I did not completely fill out our census form. A census worker came by and I just told her there were two people in my house and I wasn't going to answer anymore questions. She assured me everything I told her would be confidential and I was like I don't really care, the only thing I have to tell you is how many people are in my house. She didn't try to argue with me or anything, she was just like, okay, and left. I was polite the whole time.

TNforPaul45
07-13-2010, 09:35 PM

Education and non violence and passive resistance is the way to go...yeah, right.

Time for a gut check freedom remnant: you are a small, a tiny, minority, and that's all we'll ever be, that's all we've ever been throughout recorded history.

All they want is some mindless drivel to fill their head and some cheap food to fill their gullets.

To bring them to liberty, they will have to dragged along kicking and screaming the whole way, thrashing around like a drowning man, just as likely to drown you for saving them.

They will laugh at us, and when the time comes, they will happily turn us in to the "authorities" when these same "authorities" blame us for the fact that everybody is cold, hungry and in the dark.

//end rant//

--------------->LOUD AND THUNDEROUS APPLAUSE IN AGREEMENT<--------------------

What is sad is that you are absolutely right, AF. History proves the statement right that says that humanity repeatedly marginalizes those who want the truth and who are completely aware of reality.

I wonder how many times groups of people just like us in this forum, have sat around and debated the worthiness of the cause of educating and awakening the masses to the stupidity which binds them within the chains of tyranny. Even the founding fathers themselves were apalled at the rampant apathy that permeated the majority of the continent's population during the Revolutionary war, and even stamped out some pockets of falling BACK into worship of the Tyrant King.

I am almost there with you AF. I am not quite to the point of having given up, but in this current "cycle" that we are experiencing, I think we have but one or two more chances to wake up as many as possible. Although the great Fall that's coming is more than likely inevitable, for it seems that millions always have to die and the rest suffer inexorably before the whole of them wake up, get up, and toughen up, I feel that we can arouse the mental capacities of as many as possible before our people plunge into the darkness that's coming.

This repetitive amnesia of our past is caused by the very success of the struggles which "founding" generations achieve. They make the lives of their children better than what they had, and thus the children fail to learn the lessons of hardship that excludes frivolity and induces laborious marches towards liberty and freedom of the mind. And thus, like a copy of a copy of a copy in a copy machine, each successive generation is lessened in character and increased in apathetic leisure, with the hierarchy of needs being guaranteed farther and farther up the line, and less to worry about in terms of survival.

Thus, as humanity surges forth, our "leisure bubble" will pop, just like all the other, we will plunge into conflict, one side or the other will win, and we will again vow "never again" just to break that vow within 5-6 generations. Hopefully, each time, less and less will forget the lessons of the past, but again, History proves that to be false.

Anti Federalist
07-13-2010, 09:43 PM
I wonder, sometimes, if God is just a kid with an antfarm.

Honestly, look at it: only liberty will bring prosperity, but prosperity breeds apathy and sloth, which kills liberty.

And the wheel keeps on turning...

I'll keep on "educating" as well, as best I can., to those who are receptive.

But by god, if I was the OP and heard them all laughing on the speaker phone, I would have dropped my mud and come unglued. :mad:

--------------->LOUD AND THUNDEROUS APPLAUSE IN AGREEMENT<--------------------

What is sad is that you are absolutely right, AF. History proves the statement right that says that humanity repeatedly marginalizes those who want the truth and who are completely aware of reality.

I wonder how many times groups of people just like us in this forum, have sat around and debated the worthiness of the cause of educating and awakening the masses to the stupidity which binds them within the chains of tyranny. Even the founding fathers themselves were apalled at the rampant apathy that permeated the majority of the continent's population during the Revolutionary war, and even stamped out some pockets of falling BACK into worship of the Tyrant King.

I am almost there with you AF. I am not quite to the point of having given up, but in this current "cycle" that we are experiencing, I think we have but one or two more chances to wake up as many as possible. Although the great Fall that's coming is more than likely inevitable, for it seems that millions always have to die and the rest suffer inexorably before the whole of them wake up, get up, and toughen up, I feel that we can arouse the mental capacities of as many as possible before our people plunge into the darkness that's coming.

This repetitive amnesia of our past is caused by the very success of the struggles which "founding" generations achieve. They make the lives of their children better than what they had, and thus the children fail to learn the lessons of hardship that excludes frivolity and induces laborious marches towards liberty and freedom of the mind. And thus, like a copy of a copy of a copy in a copy machine, each successive generation is lessened in character and increased in apathetic leisure, with the hierarchy of needs being guaranteed farther and farther up the line, and less to worry about in terms of survival.

Thus, as humanity surges forth, our "leisure bubble" will pop, just like all the other, we will plunge into conflict, one side or the other will win, and we will again vow "never again" just to break that vow within 5-6 generations. Hopefully, each time, less and less will forget the lessons of the past, but again, History proves that to be false.

TNforPaul45
07-13-2010, 09:49 PM

Honestly, look at it: only liberty will bring prosperity, but prosperity breeds apathy and sloth, which kills liberty.

But by god, if I was the OP and heard them all laughing on the speaker phone, I would have dropped my mud and come unglued. :mad:

I would have as well my friend.

I have personally encountered both people on the "left" and "right" who, when confronted with liberty ideals, their only defense is to

1. Make a snide, shallow, insulting remark about the Person whom I'm quoting in defense to a Liberty Topic (Paul, Schiff, etc.)

2. Issue forth a statement of not even half truth, which "proves" me wrong and doesn't even fit in the same context, yet does in their mind.

3. Takes a drag from their cigarette and snickers when I try to point them out wrong.

Listen to any Shawn Hannity or Glen Beck program (Awn Shannity or Ben Gleck) and you'll hear, when they cannot intellectually comprehend or defeat what is said, they will LAUGH AND LAUGH AND LAUGH.

And then, like you, I ------------------------------->>:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

belian78
07-13-2010, 10:02 PM

Honestly AF, I got pretty close. I did raise my voice, but something in my head (maybe that paranoid part) told me that there's a damn good chance they're recording the call.

coastie
07-13-2010, 10:03 PM

//end rant//

I hear you. I just posted something similar in another thread, we're in BIG trouble.

This was a BIG part of my decision to separate from the USCG after 8 1/2 years. The constitution is obsolete to nearly everyone I ever talked to when I was in. It was damn near 100% of people I talked to in the USCG had no idea what any of the amendments were, besides the 1st and 2nd...which is sad, because on the LE side, its REQUIRED training on the 4th and 5th...

These guys dont care about what their oath was, and think that they are better than you just because they're in the service.

I called out my CO in the sunset of my obligation...

He told the story about how his brother owned a restaurant, and that business wasn't doing good and he was closing his doors. Our CO then said "he's definitely not doing as good as I am..." I immediately shot my hand up, was recognized and said to him..." Sir, with all do respect, your brother doesn't have the US gunverment forcing people at gun point to eat in his restaurant, as you have to pay your salary(which is well over 100k/yr)..."

Damn it felt good, and no, nothing happened to me, amazingly:D

Anti Federalist
07-13-2010, 10:10 PM
Honestly AF, I got pretty close. I did raise my voice, but something in my head (maybe that paranoid part) told me that there's a damn good chance they're recording the call.

You're probably right, and had you unloaded on them, it would have been plastered all over the web by the morning more than likely.

You'd be another Mel Gibson.

ZOMFG - INSANE PATRIOT HATER UNLEASHES OBSCENITIES AT HELPLESS CENSUS WORKERS!!!!!11!

Good choice of action on your part.

;)

Anti Federalist
07-13-2010, 10:15 PM
Well done coastie.

So, what are all these people, millions upon millions, going to do when this all comes crashing down?

Think they're going to say, "Oh hey, it turns out you were right coastie, please, help me learn about limited government so that we never ever have to repeat this again"?

Hell no and of course not, they are going to blame us they will shoot the messenger with extreme prejudice.

This is going to suck, bad.

I hear you. I just posted something similar in another thread, we're in BIG trouble.

This was a BIG part of my decision to separate from the USCG after 8 1/2 years. The constitution is obsolete to nearly everyone I ever talked to when I was in. It was damn near 100% of people I talked to in the USCG had no idea what any of the amendments were, besides the 1st and 2nd...which is sad, because on the LE side, its REQUIRED training on the 4th and 5th...

These guys dont care about what their oath was, and think that they are better than you just because they're in the service.

I called out my CO in the sunset of my obligation...

He told the story about how his brother owned a restaurant, and that business wasn't doing good and he was closing his doors. Our CO then said "he's definitely not doing as good as I am..." I immediately shot my hand up, was recognized and said to him..." Sir, with all do respect, your brother doesn't have the US gunverment forcing people at gun point to eat in his restaurant, as you have to pay your salary(which is well over 100k/yr)..."

Damn it felt good, and no, nothing happened to me, amazingly:D