PDA

View Full Version : Why the news is reporting democrat losses in Nov.

tnvoter
07-13-2010, 05:20 PM
IMO, they are hoping the usual public will grow complacent knowing things are about to be fixed in Congress, and won't get out to vote. Last resort effort?

kahless
07-13-2010, 05:26 PM
Combined with predicting Democrat losses the media will give the Dems a boost by waiting until near election time and making big deal about TARP ending. They will instill fear that if it is not renewed the economy will collapse and there will be more layoffs. Of course they will report it as the Dems are for extending while the Repubs are against.

paulitics
07-13-2010, 05:41 PM
IMO, they are hoping the usual public will grow complacent knowing things are about to be fixed in Congress, and won't get out to vote. Last resort effort?

I don't think the "usual public" will be the ones who are voting this time. The apathetic usually vote for the media sponsored candidates, and this is going to be a bad year for them. The less of them, the better for us.

I could see them doing this to motivate the liberal base to get cap and tax passed now before the new congress.

BetaMale
07-13-2010, 08:12 PM
I could see them doing this to motivate the liberal base to get cap and tax passed now before the new congress.

This.

I think its the media's attempt to tell the casual liberal reader, "look you'd better get your shit together and not let this happen. Tell your friends why this election is so important... blah blah blah."