PDA

View Full Version : David Adams Leaving the Campaign

Jordan
07-13-2010, 09:56 AM
LOUISVILLE, Ky. — A key strategist behind Republican Rand Paul's political rise says he is leaving Paul's senatorial campaign to become campaign manager for a tea party-leaning gubernatorial ticket that is being formed.

David Adams said Tuesday he's looking forward to his new role in next year's governor's race, and said his departure from Paul's campaign staff does not reflect any conflicts in the campaign.

Adams was campaign manager during Paul's successful run for the GOP Senate nomination, but was shifted to campaign chairman in a reorganization after the May primary.

Adams said he'll manage a Republican gubernatorial ticket that he expects to form soon. He didn't say who will be on the ticket, but said it will represent tea party ideals.

Adams is a Republican strategist and former blogger who had been with the Paul campaign since it began.

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2010/jul/13/paul-campaign-chairman-leaving-team/

yatez112
07-13-2010, 10:03 AM
Disappointed to see him leave the campaign. His direction has calmed my uncertainty about the way the campaign would change after the primary. It will be interesting to see what happens now...I appreciate all of his work, though, no doubt about that!

I sincerely hope Adams does not associate with David Williams in the governor's race. No way I'd vote for that ticket.

sailingaway
07-13-2010, 10:07 AM
Some are concerned this means Rand is bowing to establishment ideas of the campaign. I hope Rand puts their minds to rest on that point. The problem to me is that David clearly "gets" what is exciting about Rand whereas Ive always felt Jesse felt the most exciting elements were precisely the ones that needed to be glossed over.

Elwar
07-13-2010, 10:08 AM
He didn't say who will be on the ticket, but said it will represent tea party ideals.

Rand Paul!!!

Senator AND Governor! Woo hoo!

K466
07-13-2010, 10:08 AM
Bummer, Adams was a great manager.

TheDriver
07-13-2010, 10:20 AM
Best wishes to David.

Gage
07-13-2010, 10:21 AM
The loss of David Adams is monumental. Though I have great confidence in those who remain on Rand's staff. I wish David would've waited until after the election to think about joining another team, but if he thinks it's for the best, then I hope he still sees it as in the best interest of getting Rand elected.

http://i27.tinypic.com/kf62z9.jpg

TheDriver
07-13-2010, 10:28 AM
He left sticking his foot in his mouth.

http://www.westkentuckystar.com/Featured-News/Conway-Raises--1-4-Million-in-2nd-Quarter-

Remembering that quote? ;)

Kotin
07-13-2010, 10:30 AM
I am not surprised he has been asked to do this since the success of the primary campaign.

BamaFanNKy
07-13-2010, 01:34 PM
meh.

David seemed like a good guy but, I really liked other people who were on the campaign before better. He was a Kentucky guy and that is what I hope Rand adds.

Kentuckians want to talk to their own and hiring a couple more Kentucky bred or at least residents would help.

Gage
07-13-2010, 01:42 PM
meh.

David seemed like a good guy but, I really liked other people who were on the campaign before better. He was a Kentucky guy and that is what I hope Rand adds.

Kentuckians want to talk to their own and hiring a couple more Kentucky bred or at least residents would help.
Who are you referring to when you say before? One is still there, one was ousted by the media, and one publicly smeared Rand. David was the quintessential representative of the Rand Paul campaign since its inception.

But I do agree if you are referring to Benton, as I think someone who knows Kentucky politics would have served better in the now only overall campaign management position.

Cowlesy
07-13-2010, 01:47 PM
meh.

Nice avatar haha

RonPaulFanInGA
07-13-2010, 01:48 PM
This "tea party-leaning gubernatorial ticket" isn't Bill Johnson is it?

hXXp://bluegrasspolitics.bloginky.com/2010/05/25/bill-johnson-and-damon-thayer-consider-run-for-states-top-offices/

FRANKFORT — Todd County businessman Bill Johnson, who withdrew from this year’s Republican primary election for U.S. Senate, and state Sen. Damon Thayer, R-Georgetown, are considering running as a slate in next year’s race for governor and lieutenant governor.

Johnson, a Navy veteran who garnered about 8,000 votes in last week’s primary election even though he bowed out of the race in March, said Tuesday that he hopes to decide by June or July whether to run for governor next year.

TheDriver
07-13-2010, 01:50 PM
This "tea party-leaning gubernatorial ticket" isn't Bill Johnson is it?

Hmmmm.... Hadn't thought of that, but that's a good thought. ;)

BamaFanNKy
07-13-2010, 02:08 PM
Who are you referring to when you say before? One is still there, one was ousted by the media, and one publicly smeared Rand. David was the quintessential representative of the Rand Paul campaign since its inception.

But I do agree if you are referring to Benton, as I think someone who knows Kentucky politics would have served better in the now only overall campaign management position.

Well, it wouldn't be the one that bad mouthed Rand. So guess.

That said, I like David. Thought he did a good job (other than his constant tweeting and being in the limelight a bit much and maybe a few misspeaks).

That said, Local Local Local. This race is no longer just "Tea Party" or "Wendell Ford's Seat." Both drive me nuts they don't say KENTUCKY'S seat or KENTUCKY'S Voice. Fact is, Kentuckians agree with much of the tea party so he could just say, Kentucky and be done with it.

sailingaway
07-13-2010, 03:04 PM
Well, it wouldn't be the one that bad mouthed Rand. So guess.

That said, I like David. Thought he did a good job (other than his constant tweeting and being in the limelight a bit much and maybe a few misspeaks).

That said, Local Local Local. This race is no longer just "Tea Party" or "Wendell Ford's Seat." Both drive me nuts they don't say KENTUCKY'S seat or KENTUCKY'S Voice. Fact is, Kentuckians agree with much of the tea party so he could just say, Kentucky and be done with it.

I agree with local. Someone who actually thinks Rand is a terrific candidate and not someone who has to be 'repackaged' would be great, too.

libertybrewcity
07-13-2010, 03:16 PM
what gives? i saw this on politico. why would this guy leave in the middle a campaign?

Agorism
07-13-2010, 03:37 PM
Adams going to work for Johnson would be an interesting twist.

PermanentSleep
07-13-2010, 04:13 PM
Rand's been doing the liberty thing longer than I've been alive. Hope you don't find it strange that I still have faith in him.

Agreed. I'm quite saddened by David's departure though :/

angelatc
07-13-2010, 04:15 PM
Surprised there was so much to say by so many when Adams lost his
job, but now that he's completely out of the campaign no one cares? If Rand loses, look no further than this.

I'm totally with you on this.

David Adams
07-13-2010, 04:32 PM
Thanks to everyone for the support here on the forum. Actually, I'm not going to say goodbye because I'm not really going to be changing all that much.

See you soon!

David

MRoCkEd
07-13-2010, 04:34 PM
Thanks David!

Gage
07-13-2010, 05:08 PM
Thanks to everyone for the support here on the forum. Actually, I'm not going to say goodbye because I'm not really going to be changing all that much.

See you soon!

David
Thank you for all the work you put into the campaign!

angelatc
07-13-2010, 05:20 PM

See you soon!

David

I hope so, David. You did a great job, and I'm behind you all the way.

JamesButabi
07-13-2010, 06:12 PM

See you soon!

David

Good to hear David! So what's up with this "tea party gubernatorial candidate"? You dont happen to have any hints for us do you? ;)

David Adams
07-13-2010, 10:47 PM
Not yet.

jmdrake
07-13-2010, 11:01 PM
Not yet.

Please tell me you're running yourself. :) If not you, then Gurley.

Matt Collins
07-13-2010, 11:28 PM
Please tell me you're running yourself. :) If not you, then Gurley.

http://obamiconme.pastemagazine.com/entries/images/86/35/1635447/original_image.png?1267651996

TheDriver
07-14-2010, 09:57 AM
Video h ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF9reH_s2Tc

Aratus
07-19-2010, 12:18 PM
is there to be a combo ticket
concerning at least two of
the GOP dudes who were at the
PADUCAH debate that was so
critical to giving Rand an edge?
...like who is "tea party" enuff and
is this via sharron angle's and/or
scott brown's TEA PARTY EXPRESS
definition? does Trey now qualify sorta?

Bergie Bergeron
07-19-2010, 12:48 PM
Aratus, stop fucking bumping old threads with your weird writing. Seriously.

low preference guy
07-19-2010, 12:51 PM
is there to be a combo ticket
concerning at least two of
the GOP dudes who were at the
PADUCAH debate that was so
critical to giving Rand an edge?
...like who is "tea party" enuff and
is this via sharron angle's and/or
scott brown's TEA PARTY EXPRESS
definition? does Trey now qualify sorta?

Aratus, I like your writing. Please keep it coming.

ScotTX
07-20-2010, 03:33 PM
Is that like psycho-haiku or something? I can't understand a damn thing Aratus is talking about. It gives me a headache just looking at it. I won't tell you not to post anymore, but please take some grammar lessons!

BTW, who is Adams working for now? Why did he "quit"???

BamaFanNKy
07-20-2010, 03:37 PM
Is that like psycho-haiku or something? I can't understand a damn thing Aratus is talking about. It gives me a headache just looking at it. I won't tell you not to post anymore, but please take some grammar lessons!

BTW, who is Adams working for now? Why did he "quit"???

I discovered that Aratus is actually Busey.
YouTube - How To Interview Gary Busey from "Hunter S Thompson on Film" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iaNlobvJMY)

Aratus
07-20-2010, 03:39 PM
david adams may soon be working for kentucky's NEXT governor.

mr. beshear is now the guy who is in the governor's mansion.

thomas-in-ky
07-20-2010, 03:40 PM

I don't like his writing, but I think I like Aratus. Can't be sure, because I don't read most of his posts to the bottom. What I grok of it (not much), I like.

BamaFanNKy
07-20-2010, 03:41 PM
david adams may soon be working for kentucky's NEXT governor.

mr. beshear is now the guy who is in the governor's mansion.

He won't be working for this guy:
http://www.minorml.org/archives/hb05/9.jpg

Aratus
07-20-2010, 03:42 PM
folks... carte goodwin has just cast his first vote, and it broke mitch mcconnell's half-hearted filibuster...

i may meander on up to the W.Va forum becuz that there hilly state has gotten politically interesting...

Aratus
07-20-2010, 03:46 PM
ole wise jim bunning may have been very correct or very wrong on his procedural point a while back...
however if a state's two senators do not act in tandem, they cannot be on the same wavelength...
there are several hypothetical tea party and/or rEVOLUTIOn candidates who MIGHT do a W.Va senate run

specsaregood
07-20-2010, 03:53 PM

Me too, she is one of my favorites. People need to step back and read her posts with an unlimited mind to process it though, its all poetry.

sailingaway
07-21-2010, 08:43 AM
Me too, she is one of my favorites. People need to step back and read her posts with an unlimited mind to process it though, its all poetry.

I like it too. Don't always understand it, but it isn't superficial.

itshappening
07-21-2010, 11:07 AM
is it Farmer??

thomas-in-ky
07-21-2010, 11:21 AM
is it Farmer??

Not likely.

Aratus
07-21-2010, 11:51 AM
day two of carte goodwin
listening to scott brown
say 'good luck, ...newbie"

Aratus
07-21-2010, 11:59 AM
i may jist wave a New England short bye~bye to all
KENTUCKY pro-scalawags and anti-scalawags as i
fondly think of talking up the moral fiber courage of
some hill folk up in W.Va as i do think of how often in
GREENBACK terms YOUNG JACK CONWAY carpetbagged
over to some neighboring states in a most polite trite
manner so as to fill up an equivilency to an auld 1800s
carbetbag. truely, truely, truely... sending five spots, tens
and mayhap twenties in a solitary rEVOLUTIOn lonesome
across a few USA state boundaries seems most honest...
canadian people who are lawyers almost or most Blackstone
thusly were debating WHIG or TORY and opening UP wallets?

Flash
07-22-2010, 03:27 PM
is just checking to see that everyone is buzzing about the rumors. They are.

This is from his twitter. What is the current rumor going around in KY?

BamaFanNKy
07-22-2010, 04:03 PM
This is from his twitter. What is the current rumor going around in KY?

He's an attention whore. But, it's more fact than rumor.

David Adams
07-22-2010, 08:46 PM
Attention whore? Well I never! :)

Give it a few more days...

BamaFanNKy
07-22-2010, 08:57 PM
Attention whore? Well I never! :)

Give it a few more days...

On 4/29 I said you had the hot girl complex. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=242424&highlight=david+adams+hot+girl

rich34
07-22-2010, 09:43 PM
ole wise jim bunning may have been very correct or very wrong on his procedural point a while back...
however if a state's two senators do not act in tandem, they cannot be on the same wavelength...
there are several hypothetical tea party and/or rEVOLUTIOn candidates who MIGHT do a W.Va senate run

Not a chance in hell! Coal runs this state and unle
ss a liberty candidate can raise the kind of money rand did we dont stand a chance! Also the goodwin fella that was picked to be senator comes from a very powerful family in wv. Not surprising at all. Joe manchin will be the next senator from wv count on it...

Aratus
07-23-2010, 10:28 AM
in a most UNIONIST mode almost circa HONEST ABE LINCOLN i do think even at the risk of the ancient slang term "scalawag" being yellowdog HURLED at any g.o.p guy or gal, whut if KY by this february could have TWO voting g.o.p people in D.C as ole W.Va mayhap shall have ONE DEMOCRAT and ONE REPUBLICAN doing their best to be the voice and wisdom of the people...

Aratus
07-23-2010, 10:31 AM
DUDE! RUN! ITs A REPUBLICAN YEAR! YOU STAND TO GET 45% to 55% of THE NOVEMBER VOTE IF YOU SURVIVE THE PRIMARY! DUDE! DUDE! DUDE! DUDE! RUN! RUN! RUN! RUN! RUN! RUN! RUN!

Aratus
07-23-2010, 10:34 AM
rich34 --- ahhhh ammmm lookin' at ALVIN GREENE and saying primary~wise a
apt and cleverly budgett'd GOP win on only $25,ooo is not impossible...
we all may rEVOLUTIOn mini-moneyBomb thee most sweetly!!!

Aratus
07-23-2010, 10:35 AM
dude, rEVOLUTIOn you and that 60something guy up near wheeling
with the mckinley name could be contenders! trust me...
i am often close when playing a hunch thusly!
we all NEED to get a primary with more
than a slate of only RINO/DINO
options as we think D.C

Mica Sims
07-24-2010, 06:47 PM
David's new project will only add to the energy and enthusiasm behind the Liberty movement.

http://micadaily.blogspot.com/2010/07/kentucky-tea-party-just-gets-bigger.html