PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul 2012

twister5400
07-13-2010, 09:12 AM
OK, I haven't posted here in a long time, but I thought that this would be a good thread to start.

During the 2006-2008 election cycle, I made a lot of headway through my facebook account by posting good Ron Paul youtubes.

I had several people who I knew start posting Ron Paul videos also. Several of them later told me that it was because of my videos, that they began looking into Ron Paul. Because of those videos, I probably helped increase the amount of people I knew who supported Liberty ten-fold. Now they are full supporters.

I feel that it is time to start doing this again.

We have just enough time, good name recognition, and numbers, I feel, to start this again. If we can begin frequently posting good Ron Paul videos, not only can we go ahead and peak people's interest, but go ahead and put to rest some of the arguments and disagreements that people may have with the Liberty philosophy. That way, when it is election time, instead of having so many people falling for the msm arguments, we can have more liberty minded folks putting these arguments to rest, because they know the facts.

I feel that the first step, would be to go ahead and get some of the best videos from the last election cycle linked into this thread. that way, at least I will be able to post some of them around.

maybe we can get some new videos going that will be of Ron Paul during 07/08 speaking on what he thought would occur in the time since Obama was elected. seeing as it has most likely occurred, that would only help.

I think it is time to get back into that 2007 spirit. lets start posting, and get people talking. If Ron isn't going to announce yet, we need people to have the impression that he is running, that way people will start to look at him as a likely candidate. This can only help us when he does announce.

Let's get Ron Paul viral again. this is way bigger than it was just three years ago. Time to capitalize on that.

specsaregood
07-13-2010, 09:15 AM
OK, I haven't posted here in a long time, but I thought that this would be a good thread to start.

Let's get Ron Paul viral again. this is way bigger than it was just three years ago. Time to capitalize on that.

Welcome back twister. It can't be all about Ron Paul and 2012. You should start posting videos of other liberty candidates on your facebook page. If we make it all about one man, we are bound to fail.

twister5400
07-13-2010, 09:19 AM
well i mean, in general. ron is a good figurehead i guess. people find out about him they get interested in a lot more...
i mean look at the tea party. sure its been taken advantage of by people who i dont agree with, but i certainly know that if in one election, this man can start something as big as the tea party, then what will happen this time...

i guess i just really want to find all of my old favorite youtubes from 2007-2008, so that I can start reposting them now. If people have good videos of other liberty candidates, then i would like to see them... can we use this thread as a resource for good short (2-8 minute) videos that we can put up on our pages in order to peak interest?

what was the guy's name from before?

aravoth? his videos were pretty good, and probably helped a lot of people come around to the liberty message... we need those types of videos

Elwar
07-13-2010, 09:26 AM
YouTube - Ron Paul 2012 begins now (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q_PNepSs6o&feature=player_embedded)

Sentient Void
07-13-2010, 09:40 AM
I am still constantly posting libertarian videos and a RP video here and there as well. Over the past couple years I've also converted almost all of my friends and family to libertarian philosophy - and a good number of acquaintances as well through discussion online, etc. Some of these are very passionate people and spread the liberty message through their social networks as well.

Keep it up man and keep fighting the good fight! *EVENTUALLY*, liberty WILL win. The statists are bound to fail, as they contain the seeds of their own destruction.

LibertasPraesidium
07-13-2010, 09:51 AM
Ron Paul 2012.

I hope so.

Its pretty simple

We want the government to reduce spending drastically and fix a few things with the health care fiasco.

Ron Paul wants to reduce government spending drastically and fix a few things with the health care problem.

If those are not the same thing please tell me because that is what Im telling people. There is more than enough information from the bills he has sponsored to prove it.

twister5400
07-13-2010, 10:01 AM
one thing that I really feel that this will help us with is fundraising... right now people are not thinking about the presidential election. If we start posting ron paul videos pretty heavily, then other people will also. by the time that we need to do a fundraiser, many people who would not have been thinking about it yet, will be, and will be a great ally in starting fundraising. if we do a kickoff money bomb, we will already have these videos going viral that we can link a money bomb to... i think that is how we got so many small donors before

Elwar
07-13-2010, 10:04 AM
if we do a kickoff money bomb, we will already have these videos going viral that we can link a money bomb to... i think that is how we got so many small donors before

Kick off money bomb:

December 16, 2010

Pledge here:
http://www.TheRonPaulTeaParty.com

twister5400
07-13-2010, 10:18 AM
yeah i have, but what i am saying is that we need to get those older videos that were such big hits before recirculating. Just 50 of us posting one or two good videos a week will get a bunch of views. we can use the comments sections of the videos that are getting popular again to advertise the money bomb. barely any people come to this site or will see any ads, in comparison to the network of people that I could reach by posting one youtube to my facebook...

KramerDSP
07-13-2010, 10:43 AM
Check out my Youtube Channel in the sig below for good videos. If I had to pick three, I would go with:

Ron Paul's Transition Plan (best for those who insist RP would abolish Medicare on Day One and appeals to the left)

Ron Paul Blasts Corporatism (clips of RP juxtaposed with Michael Moore and Arianna Huffington talking about Capitalism)

Dr. Consistency; Ron Paul's Foreign Policy Views

I'd link them but I am at lunch at work using my phone's browser. I have found that the most favorable responses came from the Transition video.

libertybrewcity
07-13-2010, 01:58 PM
there used to be a lot of great ron paul sites with many or all of his videos. the owners must have let the domains expire or something..