PDA

View Full Version : Glen Bradley SlimJims final run prepress

GunnyFreedom
07-12-2010, 11:23 PM
prepressLOW.pdf [167k PDF] (http://away.144Ridgewood.net/filebin/prepressLOW.pdf)

comments and changes prior to running 20k ?

BenIsForRon
07-13-2010, 12:28 AM
A few things:

Fairly important: You mention nullification a lot without mentioning what YOU might nullify. Give a concrete example, like the employer health care mandate.

Somewhat important: Except for the nullification part, your slimjim almost makes it seem as if you are running for federal office. Maybe mention a couple things about the state assembly you'd like to change.

Somewhat important: The first slimjim has some nice soundbites, the others not so much. In the first few sentences of a slimjim, you want some soundbites. Small government, lower taxes, economic prosperity should be sprinkled early on in a slimjim.

Otherwise, this flier is REALLY good. Definitely stands out leagues above other campaign mailers, which usually just have a few bullet points and a giant picture of the candidate.

And if you're trying to do any phone banking near the election, let us know. I could help out there.

GunnyFreedom
07-13-2010, 08:02 PM
A few things:

Fairly important: You mention nullification a lot without mentioning what YOU might nullify. Give a concrete example, like the employer health care mandate.

I started out with concrete examples, I have in fact a series of five 10th Amendment Acts I intend to introduce or cosponsor in order. People glaze over at concrete examples. I learned this the hard way.

Somewhat important: Except for the nullification part, your slimjim almost makes it seem as if you are running for federal office. Maybe mention a couple things about the state assembly you'd like to change.

I am running for a more powerful office than US Congress, yes, and I indicate that in my handouts I think. I may be well served in having a NC-domestic only slimjim too as some people will inquire more deeply than principles. Although in my experience that may be 5% to 10% at most. That would be a much shorter run...

Somewhat important: The first slimjim has some nice soundbites, the others not so much. In the first few sentences of a slimjim, you want some soundbites. Small government, lower taxes, economic prosperity should be sprinkled early on in a slimjim.

Otherwise, this flier is REALLY good. Definitely stands out leagues above other campaign mailers, which usually just have a few bullet points and a giant picture of the candidate.

And if you're trying to do any phone banking near the election, let us know. I could help out there.There will be, my coordination team is slowly materializing. That's good thinking on doing a domestic policy slimjim that hits the detail, for those who want to know, and as a bonus I'll be able to add another low-run slimjim, like 2nd amendment maybe