PDA

View Full Version : More Good News for Clint Didier

South Park Fan
07-12-2010, 11:05 PM
From RealClearPolitics.com (http://realclearpolitics.blogs.time.com/2010/07/12/rossi-losing-the-yard-sign-primary/):

I drove around in my adopted hometown of Lynden, Washington, this morning, looking in vain for a Dino Rossi yard sign. There were quite a few signs for his Republican primary opponent Clint Didier and a few for Paul Akers, but for Rossi? Not a one.

This is significant because, as Rossi said to me in the chit-chat before his RCP newsmaker interview, Lynden is the sort of place where he expects to do very well. He also said a few other things that might help explain the lack of yard signs. First, he basically admitted that because he started so late, his campaign organization is currently in a mad dash to cut into Senator Patty Murray's huge fundraising advantage. Yard signs can wait, I guess. Second, he said that this was a "top two primary" between him and Murray and declined to take his Republican opponents seriously.

He's probably right that he can win the primary on August 17 by running against Murray and not Didier or Akers, but I wonder by how much. When he ran for governor the last time, a few "re-elect Rossi" amateur yard signs spontaneously appeared in Lynden ("re-elect" because many Evergreen state residents believe the Democrats stole the previous election). This time, nothing -- either official or spontaneous. It doesn't bode well.

South Park Fan
07-16-2010, 10:43 AM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2010/election_2010_senate_elections/washington/election_2010_washington_senate

Clint Didier 48%
Patty Murray 45%

Morgan Brykein
07-18-2010, 03:46 PM
I plan on moving to Washington, and I'd love to have him as my Senator.

anaconda
07-18-2010, 03:52 PM
Why in God's name does Rasmussen not poll the individual primary races???? I want to know how Didier polls against Rossi..

specsaregood
07-18-2010, 04:19 PM
Why in God's name does Rasmussen not poll the individual primary races???? I want to know how Didier polls against Rossi..

Because it has traditionally been the easiest and least-obvious way to influence the primaries in favor of the establishment candidate? Straight-ticket voters/team players don't care which candidate, as long as they have the R or D next to their name. Because of that, they just want the candidate that gives their team the best shot at winning.

South Park Fan
07-18-2010, 10:06 PM
Because it has traditionally been the easiest and least-obvious way to influence the primaries in favor of the establishment candidate? Straight-ticket voters/team players don't care which candidate, as long as they have the R or D next to their name. Because of that, they just want the candidate that gives their team the best shot at winning.

That may backfire for Rasmussen, because the poll shows Didier and Rossi have an equal chance at defeating Murray.

scandinaviany3
07-25-2010, 01:30 AM
They need to interview independents and dems

Didier had a large 8000 person poll in WA state show him being the only one swinging over democrats and indepedents over in large enough numbers to beat murray.