PDA

View Full Version : Maine Republicans

itshappening
07-12-2010, 06:16 PM
they really need to kick those two traitors out of the Senate, unbelievable how they can call themselves Republicans or members of the GOP when they support more Democrat legislation than some Democrats

bkreigh
07-12-2010, 07:49 PM
Yeah they are pretty piss poor. I was up there for four years and that was enough for me. Snowe and Collins need to play this way though to get reelcted up there. They simply go with the majority and nothing else. It really ticks me off thinking about it. Furthermore, the repulicans up there seem to think they are best thing since sliced bread. Of course that was the feeling i got when i attended the GOP state convention a few years back.

South Park Fan
07-12-2010, 07:53 PM
Hasn't the Ron Paul faction taken over the Maine GOP? If so, then I don't see any way in hell Snowe or Collins can get reelected (assuming they don't pull a Charlie Crist).

libertybrewcity
07-12-2010, 08:05 PM
Hasn't the Ron Paul faction taken over the Maine GOP? If so, then I don't see any way in hell Snowe or Collins can get reelected (assuming they don't pull a Charlie Crist).

If Maine is so liberal how did these two get elected in the first place? I'm willing to bet they will be out of luck whenever election time comes. Hopefully they will elect a true liberty conservative and not some schmuck.

They could pull or a Charlie Crist or an Arlen Spector. They seem to be leaning more and more left these days..

South Park Fan
07-12-2010, 08:13 PM
If Maine is so liberal how did these two get elected in the first place? I'm willing to bet they will be out of luck whenever election time comes. Hopefully they will elect a true liberty conservative and not some schmuck.

They could pull or a Charlie Crist or an Arlen Spector. They seem to be leaning more and more left these days..

Until Scott Brown got elected they were the two most liberal Republicans in the Senate (even more liberal than Arlen Specter before he switched parties). I think there's a good chance that a liberty candidate will succeed one or both of them. Paul LePage is ahead in the gubernatorial election after winning the primary. If we can find a liberty candidate to challenge Snowe in 2012, they would have a good chance.

Also, if Snowe becomes an Independent, that makes a three-way race, where the liberty candidate has an even better chance of winning. The worst case scenario would be if Snowe switched to the Democrats, though that's unlikely considering that they will most likely be the minority party by the 2012 election.

HOLLYWOOD
07-12-2010, 08:23 PM
Maine Tea parties... Constitutional, Libertarian, Independent parties need to coordinate the opposition to these statist liberal Republicans. They need to be called out by multiple parties as the Biz as Usual, Big Government Establishment Aristocracy.

lx43
07-12-2010, 10:00 PM
Add Lyndsey Graham/John McCain to that list.

Imperial
07-12-2010, 11:04 PM
I would better rather than going Democrat, the Senators would go Independent. Maine has a history of electing Independent Governors who are political centrists.

RPgrassrootsactivist
07-13-2010, 12:18 AM
Hasn't the Ron Paul faction taken over the Maine GOP?

I think at least a tea party faction has. The new state platform has Ron's name in it, I think in support of H.R. 1207.

The county and state parties in Maine should vote to censure Snowe and Collins; didn't a county party in South Carolina do that to Graham?

NewFederalist
07-13-2010, 07:23 AM
I believe that Maine and California could swap U.S. Senators and nobody would notice!

Anti Federalist
07-13-2010, 10:15 AM
Better chance of seeing God than electing "liberty" Senators in Maine.

Massholes have brought Maine low.

They now have the highest, per capita tax burden in the nation.

LittleLightShining
07-13-2010, 10:59 AM
Better chance of seeing God than electing "liberty" Senators in Maine.

Massholes have brought Maine low.

They now have the highest, per capita tax burden in the nation.

I'll never forget being censured by my county chair because I said Snowe and Collins weren't really Republicans. I was Finance Chair at the time and apparently executive committee members were not to say anything negative about other Republicans. That didn't stop them from sniggering about Ron Paul :mad:

Republicans here also like to say that VT has the highest tax burden :confused: (according to Forbes)