PDA

View Full Version : Once again, Fidel Castro claims US sank South Korean ship

YumYum
07-12-2010, 05:28 PM
He made news with this claim on June 5th, and this afternoon he just said it again on a live Cuban broadcast: "America sank the South Korean ship."

Do you believe our government did it, or do you think he is lying?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/world/fidel-castro-claims-us-sank-south-korean-ship/story-e6frf7lf-1225875812190

CoreyBowen999
07-12-2010, 05:30 PM
hes an idiot.

TNforPaul45
07-12-2010, 05:33 PM
He made news with this claim on June 5th, and this afternoon he just said it again on a live Cuban broadcast: "America sank the South Korean ship."

Do you believe our government did it, or do you think he is lying?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/world/fidel-castro-claims-us-sank-south-korean-ship/story-e6frf7lf-1225875812190

Our government has done a lot worse things than this in the past. . .

american.swan
07-12-2010, 05:35 PM
Maybe Castro is an idiot, yet I live in South Korea. About 50% of Korean's 18-35 want a new investigation and don't buy the official story. I tweeted an article recently from a group of Korean bloggers and professors who were allowed to see the wreck who said the explosion perhaps was internal and raised more questions about the sinking. I myself don't buy the official story. Also, like 7/7 and 9/11, South Korea was doing "Sub warfare" exercises with the US on the day of the "attack".

So you say "he's an idiot", yet that's nothing more than a trollish logical fallacy evading the issue of whether the US sunk the ship or not.

BlackTerrel
07-12-2010, 05:36 PM
Based on what evidence? Did his country conduct an investigation or is he just spouting off?

00_Pete
07-12-2010, 05:40 PM
If you want conspiracies and Cuba go for the fact that it was Eisenhower and his administration that stabbed Batista in the back with weapons and economic embargoes. Or the fact that the mainstream US media never called Castro a Communist during the civil war. Or how most of the "rebel" weapons came from the USA. Or how Otto Otepka, the man that revealed that it was communists and Soviet agents in the State Department that were behind the strategy of considering Batista a threat to the USA and Castro a noble rebel, was bullied into silence once he started to get to deep in his investigations (very much like McCarthy or the Reece Commission). Or how everysingle surviver of the Bay of Pigs said that Castro had perfect knowledge of what was going to happen. Or how Kennedy became extremely suspicious of the entire State Department and even the Pentagon and CIA after the Bay of Pigs fiasco.

If Fidel wants conspiracies he should look at the mirror.

noxagol
07-12-2010, 06:32 PM
The us does not have a good track record of honesty when it comes to exploding ships....

Maine? Lucitania? Golf of Tonkin ?(not an exploding ship but still involving a ship, or not involving...)

michaelwise
07-12-2010, 07:51 PM
The US covered up the attack on the USS Liberty.
The Loss Of Liberty (USS Liberty Cover-Up) (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7384200507117357203#)

james1906
07-12-2010, 07:55 PM
Fidel and Kimmy Jong are the last of the breed. They need to look out for each other.

YumYum
07-12-2010, 07:59 PM
The US covered up the attack on the USS Liberty.
The Loss Of Liberty (USS Liberty Cover-Up) (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7384200507117357203#)

Israel was given deep-sea mini subs by the Germans. Do you think Israel could have sunk the South Korean ship?

BlackTerrel
07-12-2010, 09:15 PM
Maybe Castro is an idiot, yet I live in South Korea. About 50% of Korean's 18-35 want a new investigation and don't buy the official story. I tweeted an article recently from a group of Korean bloggers and professors who were allowed to see the wreck who said the explosion perhaps was internal and raised more questions about the sinking. I myself don't buy the official story. Also, like 7/7 and 9/11, South Korea was doing "Sub warfare" exercises with the US on the day of the "attack".

Interesting. Would you care to speculate on the motives? This whole issue has basically blown over and I don't see how anyone has lost or gained from this other than South Korea which lost some of their people and one of their subs. Who benefited?

So you say "he's an idiot", yet that's nothing more than a trollish logical fallacy evading the issue of whether the US sunk the ship or not.

Well I think he's far worse than an idiot even he was right about this. Beyond that - just to make an accusation without any evidence is foolish. Did he conduct an investigation, what is his evidence?