PDA

View Full Version : One Million for Rand Paul?

SwordOfShannarah
07-12-2010, 12:36 PM
I have the domain OneMillionForRand.com and am thinking about rolling it out next month. I'm wondering if there is any support for the idea of getting him a million dollars on August 20th. That's the one year anniversary of his first major money bomb (RunRandRun.com) which raised over $430,000. Today there are over 52,000 supporters for Rand Paul on facebook (there might have been 5,000 back then). If just one out of five could give $100 we could make the goal.

What do you think?

TheDriver
07-12-2010, 12:37 PM
I have the domain OneMillionForRand.com and am thinking about rolling it out next month. I'm wondering if there is any support for the idea of getting him a million dollars on August 20th. That's the one year anniversary of his first major money bomb (RunRandRun.com) which raised over $430,000. Today there are over 52,000 supporters for Rand Paul on facebook (there might have been 5,000 back then). If just one out of five could give $100 we could make the goal.

What do you think?

Let's do it!

bucfish
07-12-2010, 12:58 PM
bump

Gage
07-12-2010, 12:58 PM
Too soon...

SwordOfShannarah
07-12-2010, 01:01 PM
Too soon...

I don't know.. August 20th only leaves September and October till the election. This way there is time to spend it effectively.

Gage
07-12-2010, 01:04 PM
I don't know.. August 20th only leaves September and October till the election. This way there is time to spend it effectively.

The last one was planned more than two months in advance. And raised $170,000. There's no incentive whatsoever for these "1 in 5 of 52,000" people to donate. Simply planning a monthly collection date won't bring in big money for the campaign.

sailingaway
07-12-2010, 01:06 PM
I'd rather not have a number attacked. I'd love it to be three million, I'd hate it to be lower than 'desired' and have them spin it as not a success when others may just have donated through other fundraisers.

SwordOfShannarah
07-12-2010, 01:10 PM

The last one was planned more than two months in advance. And raised $170,000. There's no incentive whatsoever for these "1 in 5 of 52,000" people to donate. Simply planning a monthly collection date won't bring in big money for the campaign.

You're kind of negative. :)

So you're first point was it was too soon.. So waiting a month will somehow clear up your new objections? haha- but seriously- none of what you just said means anything. The first money bomb had only a month of planning and raised over $430K. The incentive is to hold one final money bomb that will win the election. What else is a money bomb other than a collection date?

Kotin
07-12-2010, 01:12 PM
It might be a bit soon but I think it's a good idea.. I would donate.

Gage
07-12-2010, 01:15 PM
You're kind of negative. :)

So you're first point was it was too soon.. So waiting a month will somehow clear up your new objections? haha- but seriously- none of what you just said means anything. The first money bomb had only a month of planning and raised over $430K. The incentive is to hold one final money bomb that will win the election. What else is a money bomb other than a collection date?
I'm only negative because I organized the last one.

It makes perfect sense. If you want to do it in September then that would provide ample time to promote it. And I guarantee it won't be the last for the general election if you do it in August.

And by collection date, I'm referring to comments that were made back during the Patriots' Day moneybomb, that associated the constant moneybombs with being a monthly collection date. And not in a positive manner.

TheDriver
07-12-2010, 01:20 PM
the only reason the august 20, 2009 moneybomb raised $430k was because it was run by trevor lyman.

lmao....... :d

Gage
07-12-2010, 01:21 PM
lmao....... :d
And the only reason the last one raised $170K was because McConnell emailed his supporters.

Edit: Been informed of my ignorance :p. My question now is; why didn't you promote the June 28 moneybomb?

SwordOfShannarah
07-12-2010, 01:23 PM
And the only reason the last one raised $170K was because McConnell emailed his supporters.

I think he's laughing because I'm Trevor Lyman.

TheDriver
07-12-2010, 01:24 PM

Money bombs are much to complex for one person to think he knows what makes it kick or fuels any particular one.

It's spontaneous order. You can't know what will make me donate or vice versa.

Gage
07-12-2010, 01:25 PM
Yeah...he PMed me...

Why you didn't promote the last one instead of trying to plan a new one though is what I'm wondering now.

TheDriver
07-12-2010, 01:25 PM

Yep... :D

doctor jones
07-12-2010, 01:35 PM
I'm in for a cool $100 and a video promo to boot

Adrock
07-12-2010, 01:49 PM
For the money bomb everyone should really start thinking about trying to get the rest of the conservative blogosphere and even sympathetic talk radio hosts involved. At least they could help get the word out. While I am not a fan of neocons, I am a fan of Rand having a good one day fundraiser. I know the Senate Conservatives Fund has already endorsed Paul and I heard that the Club for Growth was thinking about it awhile back. Freedomworks is having that member call tomorrow with Rand. I would chip in some premoneybomb coin to put up and ad on Drudge for the day. We could also see if any of the big tea party organizations (Tea Party Express) would mind putting out an email to their list of members. Even the local Kentucky tea parties would help. I think that it would be at least worth a shot.

Jordan
07-12-2010, 02:07 PM

Yeah...he PMed me...

Why you didn't promote the last one instead of trying to plan a new one though is what I'm wondering now.

Because Trevor is in it for Trevor.

anaconda
07-12-2010, 02:12 PM
There are obviously some unknowns to all of this. I was actually thinking that the last money "blast" might go nation wide and (I'm being serious) might have unexpectedly brought in a very large amount like 12 million or something. But instead it was $170K. So I gave up trying to figure out my just a fraction of people would not pay $50 or $100 to have a libertarian actually in the Senate.

Gage
07-12-2010, 02:20 PM
Because Trevor is in it for Trevor.
If he thinks he can get to a million, then I'm all for it.

Jordan
07-12-2010, 02:21 PM
If he thinks he can get to a million, then I'm all for it.

I am too. But Lyman only promotes money bombs that he creates. He might as well make them all.

ronpaulhawaii
07-12-2010, 03:03 PM
.. But Lyman only promotes money bombs that he creates...

I can unequivocally say, from personal experience, that your assumption is BS

sailingaway
07-12-2010, 03:05 PM
There are obviously some unknowns to all of this. I was actually thinking that the last money "blast" might go nation wide and (I'm being serious) might have unexpectedly brought in a very large amount like 12 million or something. But instead it was $170K. So I gave up trying to figure out my just a fraction of people would not pay $50 or $100 to have a libertarian actually in the Senate.

I don't think that was it. I think it happened right after those 'taking DC money' slam pieces and before people heard RAnd still being Rand, even in the lions' den. It was also before Rand came back out from his media silence and did anything at all to get the grass roots back in his corner.

I think we are past that.

I'm for it if we can raise the money, for sure. I'm not sure we want to set a target, personally. However, we obviously need another money bomb, and if Trevor is going to run it, all the better.

LibertyEagle
07-12-2010, 03:36 PM
Trevor,

Would all of the money go to Rand's campaign?

low preference guy
07-12-2010, 03:52 PM
Trevor,

Would all of the money go to Rand's campaign?

As far as I know, all of Trevor's Ron Paul money bombs directed people to the donation site of the candidate. So how is not all the money going to the campaign?

ljwestmcsd
07-12-2010, 03:57 PM
The proposed date is during the Kentucky State Fair. Perhaps it can be tied into that.

Conway is getting a lot of money from PACs and special interest groups that are not in favor of your best interest. Please donate to this moneybomb in order to make this election more "fair".

(pun intended)

bucfish
07-12-2010, 04:33 PM
bump

Chieftain1776
07-12-2010, 05:03 PM
Well in another thread I proposed September 17th which is Constitution Day (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitution_Day_%28United_States%29)....

Gage
07-12-2010, 05:12 PM
Well in another thread I proposed September 17th which is Constitution Day (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitution_Day_%28United_States%29)....
That sounds much better.

RonPaulFanInGA
07-12-2010, 05:25 PM
The third quarter is July, August and September. So a money bomb would need to fall within that. I think August 20th makes sense, as it was Rand's biggest one a year ago and it's Ron Paul's birthday and a "gift" could be getting his son into the U.S. Senate to continue his legacy.

rich34
07-13-2010, 07:02 AM
I think August 20th is perfect! We need to go ahead and get it rolling! I don't think we should wait to long because then it'll possibly cut out 1 potential moneybomb. Do the one in August and then we should be able to close out the end of September with another 1. Trevor, run with it man, let us know exactly when it's live so we can start promoting the hell out of it. Like many others I also believe we should try to get on Rush, Hannity, Beck, etc.... and try and have them promote the moneybomb as well. Hell just look at what they did for Scott Brown. He raised a million in a day. If we can get those Rush/Hannity/Beck types on board along with the rest of the revolution, hell, we might just hit a million!

Dreamofunity
07-13-2010, 07:12 AM
Hoping or planning for a million and calling for a million are two very different things. The latter not being as beneficial if things were to not add up.

I support a money bomb either the 20th or any other date, I think Sept. 17 was mentioned, but I'm more hessitant about calling for a million -- not enough so that I wouldn't support it if you were to make it, just expressing my thoughts about it in general.

sailingaway
07-13-2010, 07:21 AM
Hoping or planning for a million and calling for a million are two very different things. The latter not being as beneficial if things were to not add up.

I support a money bomb either the 20th or any other date, I think Sept. 17 was mentioned, but I'm more hessitant about calling for a million -- not enough so that I wouldn't support it if you were to make it, just expressing my thoughts about it in general.

I think Sept is too late. I think we shouldn't call for a million but should hope for more. (The potential is there, but grass roots is less excited about a 'careful' campaign.)

Just my 2 cents.

TheTyke
07-13-2010, 08:21 AM
I think we can do another huge moneybomb... I think we encountered our greatest success when we were most fired up... people were messaging the Meetup groups, liberty sites, spamming popular Youtube videos in shifts, making videos to promote the event. We've just had so many moneybombs that we've lost our fire and a lot of us (myself included) didn't do as much as we could for the last few moneybombs. Especially after that primary, I think a lot of people were burned out and resting up. My hat is off to those people who kept up their efforts anyway.

If we are ready to make a commitment to going all out for one, I don't think spacing matters. It's not about a core of key donors, it's about reaching tons more people. To some extent, I think that even Rand's most successful moneybombs didn't reach nearly as many people as Ron's.

Right now, I think money is one of the things Rand needs most. The ONLY way to absolutely control messaging to voters is to pay for advertising. The media is not on our side. It's taken other Republican Senators $20 million to win in this state... Rand can make do with somewhat less, but he needs everything we can possibly get. If the liberty movement was going all out funding him, we wouldn't be relying on the Republican Party to do our work for us.

I for one am willing to commit myself fully to promoting the next moneybomb!

And just coincidentally, we could reuse a video from last year, though I lost the source files to edit it:

YouTube - A New Champion - Dr. Rand Paul (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLD-zG0_bDE)

LibertyMage
07-13-2010, 08:27 AM
Why not aim for 500,000 and overshoot rather then aim for 1,000,000 and under perform? That removes the potential for being written off for not performing to our expectations. I am also for a September bomb rather than a August bomb.

Aside from that, are we really having money bombs where certain people aren't promoting them? I would hope that the few people I have seen working the money bombs are all working together to activate their contacts simultaneously.

itshappening
07-13-2010, 08:31 AM
Yes, go for it Trevor.

TheTyke
07-13-2010, 08:39 AM
I think aiming high and setting goals actually helps moneybombs. Last year when Rand said "If we raise a million dollars on Aug 20, there's no stopping us!" I got REALLY fired up. Not only his confidence, knowing the liberty movement should be able to do that, and I felt, "is that what it will take to win this primary? Let's do it!!!!"

We "only" raised $465,000, but it was far and away the most successful of Rand's events.

rich34
07-13-2010, 12:17 PM
I am also for a September bomb rather than a August bomb.

The only problem with this is then we'll be setting ourselves up for potentially only 1 moneybomb this quarter, whereas if we can pull the one off in August we'll still potentially have another great shot at closing out the quarter in late September with another big moneybomb. I do agree with your statement above though about setting the mark at about 500,000. Hell if we set the mark at 1,000,000 and then only brought in 500,000 to 600,000 thousand the liberal media would still try to paint a picture that Rand's strong grassroots support is dying. Set it for 500,000 and hit it or go even higher and then these libtards will have to come up with some other way of minimizing Rand's fundraiser while he didn't have to host a 1,000 a plate dinner and just had to sit on his couch and watch the money roll in.

ljwestmcsd
07-13-2010, 12:36 PM
However much money we shoot for, we need to make sure that we are only asking for American dollars, not Canadian like some people running for US Senate!

I once heard that it is better to shoot for an "A" and get a "B," than to shoot for a "C" and get it.
However, why can't we have two goals - a lower realistic goal (to equal last year's $465,000), and a higher "challenge" or "impossible" goal? The challenge goal should not be a million, but rather 1,122,010 (11/2/2010 -- election day).

LibertyMage
07-13-2010, 01:03 PM
However much money we shoot for, we need to make sure that we are only asking for American dollars, not Canadian like some people running for US Senate!

I once heard that it is better to shoot for an "A" and get a "B," than to shoot for a "C" and get it.
However, why can't we have two goals - a lower realistic goal (to equal last year's $465,000), and a higher "challenge" or "impossible" goal? The challenge goal should not be a million, but rather 1,122,010 (11/2/2010 -- election day).

When you are pushing your limits, you raise your goals in small increments. If we could hit $500,000 it would be the biggest bomb for Rand yet and people would be drawn into that goal. We aren't coming close to $1,000,000 and people will be deterred by it.

Also, we have seen how people are willing to sacrifice more when the goal suddenly becomes more significant. We saw this when, suddenly, "if we hit X dollars, Rand will have $300,000 for the quarter". I could see this money bomb dragging in more money if it goes viral at the last few hours that "OMG $500,000 will be a record money bomb for Rand!"

Adrock
07-13-2010, 01:29 PM
Conway fundraising from trail lawyers in Canada, labor money and loaning himself $400K last quarter should be part of the message.

LINK (http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gQVREKmjiAG7r_74Bs--OoD5dyugD9GUB9IO0)

sailingaway
07-13-2010, 03:11 PM
When you are pushing your limits, you raise your goals in small increments. If we could hit $500,000 it would be the biggest bomb for Rand yet and people would be drawn into that goal. We aren't coming close to $1,000,000 and people will be deterred by it.

Also, we have seen how people are willing to sacrifice more when the goal suddenly becomes more significant. We saw this when, suddenly, "if we hit X dollars, Rand will have $300,000 for the quarter". I could see this money bomb dragging in more money if it goes viral at the last few hours that "OMG $500,000 will be a record money bomb for Rand!"

We could say "$500,000 would be a record money bomb for Rand!!" and really try for a million..... I mean, we don't have to say it is the target. Rand needs a lot.

MRoCkEd
07-13-2010, 04:08 PM
I like September 17th better. Anyway, whenever you do it, try not to set the goal of 1 million. The media will report "Rand Paul moneybomb falls short of goal."

RonPaulFanInGA
07-13-2010, 04:27 PM
I like September 17th better. Anyway, whenever you do it, try not to set the goal of 1 million. The media will report "Rand Paul moneybomb falls short of goal."

I think a publicly-stated goal of $500,000 would be good.

Surely we can match "Rudy's reading list".

Adrock
07-13-2010, 04:31 PM
I think a publicly-stated goal of $500,000 would be good.

Surely we can match "Rudy's reading list".

It always easy to increase the "goal" amount during the day if it is already reached.

ammorris
07-13-2010, 06:08 PM
I don't see a problem with shooting for a million. If we shoot for a million and "only" raise half of that, it would be a pretty big stretch to claim that it shows a lack of support. No one is going to scoff at $500,000 in a day. I think part of the "magic" of the money bombs in the presidential campaign was that we were aiming for something completely ridiculous, so everyone got excited about it. The last few money bombs have not been exciting.

That said, if we shoot for a million, we'd better raise at least close to half of it.

rich34
07-14-2010, 07:11 AM
This thing needs to be in August that way we'll have time to setup another 1 or 2 hundred thousand dollar moneybomb in September. We're gonna need to raise all we can because we can't afford to rely solely on the establishment that fought us so hard in the primary. I truely believe that McConnell will help us because he wants a republican majority, but I'd gurantee some of the higher ups in the party will not give a dime to Rand. That's where we come in.

Gage
07-14-2010, 07:30 AM
This thing needs to be in August that way we'll have time to setup another 1 or 2 hundred thousand dollar moneybomb in September.
It's posts like that that make people not want to participate in a moneybomb. It's not like a date can just be declared, and then you just sit back and watch the donations come flying in...

itshappening
07-14-2010, 11:14 AM
if there is to be an Aug 20th one then hurry up Trevor, dont worry about the media, who cares what they say

I think having a target like that is a great idea regardless of whether it is made.

we cannot run a campaign based on what the media is going to say because they're negative anyway, as Rand says we need to make sure he has enough money as possible to buy paid media

Distinguished Gentleman
07-14-2010, 05:48 PM
It's times like these that I wish we could get feedback from the campaign. Perhaps we could? As in, what's the latest the campaign can adequately plan to spend money gained in a moneybomb in the primary? Is their time for two or should we aim for one big one? It would be of psychological benefit if donors knew they were being asked for the last time.

As far as goals, I thought the last one was adequately promoted and it raised $170,000. There's nothing wrong with a meter that goes to a million, but the whole event aimed at a million will set us up for disappointment. Short of Sarah Palin promoting it I don't think our bombs will grow by 600 percent.

rich34
07-14-2010, 07:39 PM
It's posts like that that make people not want to participate in a moneybomb. It's not like a date can just be declared, and then you just sit back and watch the donations come flying in...

No Shit Sherlock! The intent of my statement was to try and get Rand as much money as possible before the quarter ends. If you think it's best with just one moneybomb say so, but it would seem conventional wisdom would suggest two would bring in more money. I still can't understand how my statement would make a person not want to participate in a moneybomb. You I suppose..

Michigan11
07-14-2010, 07:53 PM
If there were a poll I'd say September 17th, but who knows.

Gage
07-14-2010, 08:53 PM
No Shit Sherlock! The intent of my statement was to try and get Rand as much money as possible before the quarter ends. If you think it's best with just one moneybomb say so, but it would seem conventional wisdom would suggest two would bring in more money. I still can't understand how my statement would make a person not want to participate in a moneybomb. You I suppose..
Two duds don't equal success.

rich34
07-15-2010, 07:17 AM
Two duds don't equal success.

I agree.. That's why I believe we need to try and reach out to the radio shows and their websites to promote the hell out of the next moneybomb(s). I know money isn't just going to fall out of the sky. We need somekind of great theme to rally behind and get more folks involved.

ljwestmcsd
07-15-2010, 12:12 PM
The more I think about it, the more I think the next bomb should have the goal of $400,000 -- the amount of money that Jack loaned his campaign.
This will remind people that:
1. Jack is a rich SOB that can loan himself that amount of money. How many Kentuckians can loan themselves that amount of cash? Who is more like the average Kentuckian, then, Rand or Jack? Who would represent us instead of his fellow rich friends?
2. Jack stated that he "raised" more money than Rand last quarter, which, if you don't count the money he himself gave and didn't actually raise, is a lie. Do you want someone who would mislead about even a little thing like this?

Gage
07-15-2010, 12:15 PM
The more I think about it, the more I think the next bomb should have the goal of $400,000 -- the amount of money that Jack loaned his campaign.
1. Jack is a rich SOB that can loan himself that amount of money. How many Kentuckians can loan themselves that amount of cash? Who is more like the average Kentuckian, then, Rand or Jack? Who would represent us instead of his fellow rich friends?
2. Jack stated that he "raised" more money than Rand last quarter, which, if you don't count the money he himself gave and didn't actually raise, is a lie. Do you want someone who would mislead about even a little thing like this?
I like that idea.

MRoCkEd
07-15-2010, 12:17 PM

You're on to something here...

sailingaway
07-15-2010, 12:51 PM
Fine, do $400,000 the amount Jack loaned his campaign and we can always do better or do more later.

However, lets definitely do it August 20. Rand needs money. See this: http://www2.wnct.com/news/2010/jul/15/paul-had-360000-in-bank-at-end-of-june-ar-301260/

TheDriver
07-15-2010, 01:11 PM
Fine, do $400,000 the amount Jack loaned his campaign and we can always do better or do more later.

However, lets definitely do it August 20. Rand needs money. See this: http://www2.wnct.com/news/2010/jul/15/paul-had-360000-in-bank-at-end-of-june-ar-301260/

Go for double.

For every one dollar Jack uses to buy a senate seat for collectivism, we need to give 2 dollars for individualism!

skyorbit
07-15-2010, 02:21 PM
DO IT!!!

Tracy

skyorbit
07-15-2010, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Because Trevor is in it for Trevor

What's wrong with that? Aren't we all greedy capitalists who believe pursuing our selfish interests w/o coercion is what makes the world a better place?

Tracy

sailingaway
07-15-2010, 02:39 PM
What's wrong with that? Aren't we all greedy capitalists who believe pursuing our selfish interests w/o coercion is what makes the world a better place?

Tracy

Yea, us! :D

sailingaway
07-16-2010, 08:34 AM
I think he needs money. CONGRESSIONAL candidates in KY have as much on hand as he does. http://communitypress.cincinnati.com/article/AB/20100716/NEWS0108/307150036/0/NEWS01/Paul-has-less-cash-than-Conway

September is pretty late, he needs to figure out his budget.

sailingaway
07-17-2010, 12:19 PM
Does anyone know why Rand's donation ticker isn't on his web page?

IMHO, that is STUPID.

TheDriver
07-17-2010, 12:21 PM
Does anyone know why Rand's donation ticker isn't on his web page?

IMHO, that is STUPID.

A guess here:

Someone in the campaign is pissed off that Jack Conway knew their totals and simply wrote himself a check to beat Paul in fundraising.

So, this time they want Jack to go all in or wonder...... But I get the feeling he isn't going to know how much Paul raises until he releases his numbers. ;)

I'm sure if there is a money bomb, they'll have a ticker for that event.

sailingaway
07-17-2010, 12:49 PM
A guess here:

Someone in the campaign is pissed off that Jack Conway knew their totals and simply wrote himself a check to beat Paul in fundraising.

So, this time they want Jack to go all in or wonder...... But I get the feeling he isn't going to know how much Paul raises until he releases his numbers. ;)

I'm sure if there is a money bomb, they'll have a ticker for that event.

They did a PRESS RELEASE on Rand's totals, and the press told Conway in the press briefing after the magistrate forum.

TheDriver
07-17-2010, 01:00 PM
They did a PRESS RELEASE on Rand's totals, and the press told Conway in the press briefing after the magistrate forum.

I'm not talking about what they did.

I'm speculating on what they might do next filing deadline. And how that could tie in with the removal of the ticker total.

It's a total guess. Maybe they are building a new ticker or maybe they just want the focus on where is Jack Conway....

not sure...

Gage
07-17-2010, 01:20 PM
Maybe they are building a new ticker

No.

thomas-in-ky
07-17-2010, 01:34 PM
my spurious speculation (proven wrong as soon as the ticker goes back up!):

Unilateral hourly disclosure of campaign finance totals by Rand's campaign does give Conway some slight information advantage. In the primary it made sense to disclose daily, because the campaign strategy in the fall was to raise enough $ and poll well enough to keep the establishment from whole-heartedly endorsing Trey Grayson. The bet was that Rand could raise more $ than Trey. IMHO, the strategy worked great... critical establishment endorsements came late, and some never came at all. We are past that stage now.

Rand is the favorite, not the underdog. All republicans are on board, regardless of finance totals. It is possible that Conway could out-raise Rand in the general, in which case, why would we want to draw attention to that fact for the undecideds? (Although I hope we don't have to, we can win this with less $ than Conway.) As much as the daily total works to encourage Rand donors, it could work against us to encourage Conway donors. (Conway included as a Conway donor, as TheDriver said!)

Hey, maybe the ticker will go back up tomorrow. :o Did randpaulgrahs flatline?

Adrock
07-17-2010, 01:39 PM
Looks like RandPaulGraphs went offline around 2100 yesterday. I hope they at least put up a one day ticker during money bombs and such.

sailingaway
07-17-2010, 03:04 PM
It is possible that Conway could out-raise Rand in the general, in which case, why would we want to draw attention to that fact for the undecideds? (Although I hope we don't have to, we can win this with less $ than Conway.) As much as the daily total works to encourage Rand donors, it could work against us to encourage Conway donors. (Conway included as a Conway donor, as TheDriver said!)

Hey, maybe the ticker will go back up tomorrow. :o Did randpaulgrahs flatline?

It is virtually CERTAIN the special interest candidate, Conway, will outraise Rand in the general.

Who cares? This is a grass roots campaign and it generates interest and excitement and those who are used to it see the names come up....

I think it is a mistake. When it is down, it spurs on supporters. Who cares what Conway thinks?

Tinnuhana
07-17-2010, 05:48 PM
An invitation to the awakening peoples of the Tea Party movement to engage in their first RP R3volution money bomb...
and, on a different sub-topic: if they don't want to put up the money total, maybe they would put up the number of individuals donating? Rand's website has had short "articles" on individuals "john q public types" donating to the campaign. You could still run names of latest contributors. Not that I don't enjoy seeing the $$ totals go up, but if they don't want that posted, this could still be done. And Trevor would still be posting the amt pledged on DP if we wanted to know, wouldn't he?

RonPaulFanInGA
07-17-2010, 11:33 PM
Looks like RandPaulGraphs went offline around 2100 yesterday. I hope they at least put up a one day ticker during money bombs and such.

Working for me now.

itshappening
07-18-2010, 02:05 PM
come on people, we need to get moving

Aug 20th, Rand needs the funds and we need to spread the word

DeadheadForPaul
07-18-2010, 03:12 PM
unattainable goal IMHO

libertybrewcity
07-18-2010, 04:03 PM
1. Campaigns are about emotion, not intellect.

2. Be visionary, present a vision, address opportunity. People need to feel that investing in a campaign will make life better, both now and in the future. They should feel that our candidates winning will strengthen the community. Make your case larger than the office you seek or the program you hope to fund.

3. Invite donors to invest in leadership, solutions, and vision. Through a candidate or a campaign, people are making an investment in their community. Generally, people contribute to a campaign or candidate beacuse they believe that they will get something in return. Descrie to the donor, the voter, or the citien what he or she will get with a victorious election. Use issues that are in front of voters.

4. Sell ideas and hope, not the candidate. You're offering something that the voter wants: opportunity, vision, solutions, whatever. Look at the campaign as the vehicle for the voters to get what they want. Charles Revson, founder of Revlon, said, "In the factory, we make cosmetics. In the stores, we sell hope." Sell hope.

5. There's a difference between an underdog and a losing effort. People want to help an underdog but usually will not help finance an effort they believe will lose. Presenting your camapaign as an underdog suggests that people are investing in the American Dream.

6. Stay on your message. Your message should always be at the center of every appeal.

7. Be organized. Because people equate organization with winning, by showing a strong organizational core you are more likely to get people to give.

8. Think community. Community campaigns are the most successful. Such a campaign presents issues that people understand. It presents solutions, involves volunteers, and encourages investment in the future. Do not talk about the mechanics of the campaign. A campaign and a candidate don't have needs; the community and the people in it have needs and challenges. The candidate should represent opportunity, solutions, answers, and the ability to meet those needs.

Ideas by Catherine Shaw in Campaign Manager

rich34
07-18-2010, 04:52 PM
We need to hit up all the liberty loving websites, alternative health sites, pro gold, home schoolers and any other passionate group we can think of that will support Rand. It would also be great if people like Rush, Beck, Savage, Jones etc.. pushes the moneybomb as well so we better let them know also.:)

jake
07-18-2010, 05:27 PM
you could promote levels.. have a graphic with 250k in dark green, 500k in lighter green, 1 mill in grey or whatever. then each level would be a success

Adrock
07-18-2010, 05:33 PM
We need to hit up all the liberty loving websites, alternative health sites, pro gold, home schoolers and any other passionate group we can think of that will support Rand. It would also be great if people like Rush, Beck, Savage, Jones etc.. pushes the moneybomb as well so we better let them know also.:)

I agree with all of the above. Especially the talk radio aspect. It would be great if we could all coordinate that day to try and at least make one call to KY or national talk radio hosts to see if we can promote the money bomb. I also think it would also be wise to try and get more of the traditional conservative webroots involved too. We have seen some of the KY establishment conservative blogs putting up pro-paul posts now. I say we try to work our way into some others too if we can, especially the bigger blogs with high volume. How about a smaller money bomb to buy a one day advertisement on the top of Drudge? Getting in contact with the local, state and national tea party organizations would be a good idea. Has anyone heard anything lately about the Club for Growth endorsing Rand? Getting in contact with them and the Senate Conservatives Fund would be a great idea too. An email blast to their distro for the one day money bomb could open up a lot of potential donors for Rand Paul.

We will have our ideological battles to fight with the neocons. That fight will be much easier with another Paul in Congress. Rand Paul has shown that he stands on his convictions, even if they are not a carbon copy of his father's. Right now we need to get Rand money and a lot of it.

RonPaulFanInGA
07-28-2010, 02:57 AM
So when will the website be up? If it's August 20th, that doesn't sound like a whole lot of time.

low preference guy
07-28-2010, 02:59 AM
So when will the website be up? If it's August 20th, that doesn't sound like a whole lot of time.

After Schiff's Thursday money bomb?

sailingaway
07-28-2010, 09:34 AM
Yeah, it looks like Trevor uses the web page for various candidates and Schiff is having a money bomb using it now.

The point is the commitment to advertise and support it, though. And that doesn't need to wait until Thursday, but we do need to know from Trevor that he intends to go forward with it, and didn't just give up on the idea and turn to Schiff. Or else we just need to be ready to do it ourselves.

Adrock
07-31-2010, 01:41 PM
How is everything going with the money bomb planning? What can I do to help?

MRoCkEd
07-31-2010, 01:52 PM
Going to be one for Rand, Trevor?
Maybe set the goal more reasonable this time?

RonPaulFanInGA
07-31-2010, 02:01 PM

Yeah.

$500,000 goal = "Rand Paul's Money Bomb a Dud!!!" in the media.

low preference guy
07-31-2010, 02:01 PM

That depends on whether using Ron Paul's national mailing list has a big positive impact, because unlike Schiff's money bomb, it's very likely that the list will be used for Rand. Still, it's hard to predict the outcome for changing that variable.

Adrock
07-31-2010, 02:07 PM
Perhaps this month's moneybomb should be more modest ($250,000 max). I think folks are getting a little tapped out with all the great candidates to support. It is a terrible problem to have. :D After the one this month we can plan for a big one in early October to help Rand get over the finish line money-wise.

We should also try to make contact with the Senate Conservatives Fund and the Club for Growth to see if they can put out an email blast to their donors for the moneybomb this month.

sailingaway
07-31-2010, 06:08 PM
We should also try to make contact with the Senate Conservatives Fund and the Club for Growth to see if they can put out an email blast to their donors for the moneybomb this month.

that is a great idea.

I think it is time to stop deciding what number we are going for, and start going for it.

Adrock
07-31-2010, 06:20 PM
that is a great idea.

I think it is time to stop deciding what number we are going for, and start going for it.

I am not sure though if it would be better if the contact came from someone in the Rand Paul camp. Although I would sure be happy to try. Hell I should probably sign up to be a member too. Both organizations seem pretty like minded, but it would be good to have some C4L influence from the inside.

sailingaway
07-31-2010, 06:26 PM
I am not sure though if it would be better if the contact came from someone in the Rand Paul camp. Although I would sure be happy to try. Hell I should probably sign up to be a member too. Both organizations seem pretty like minded, but it would be good to have some C4L influence from the inside.

I wasn't speaking about who should suggest it. Whomever, is fine.

Adrock
07-31-2010, 08:20 PM
Sorry I was more thinking out loud. I will probably wait for the money bomb website to go up before I contact them.

Adrock
07-31-2010, 08:23 PM
Here is the FEC report on the Club for Growth activity.

LINK (http://query.nictusa.com/cgi-bin/cancomsrs/)

Edit: Since the government website seems to be working so well, here is the copy/paste of the info.

COMMITTEE NAME RECEIPTS DISB CASH DEBT THROUGH

District of Columbia
CITIZENS CLUB FOR GROWTH INC PAC $0 $2,618 $0 $0 04/02/2009
CLUB FOR GROWTH $0 $333,551 $0 $0 06/30/2010
CLUB FOR GROWTH ADVOCACY INC $75,000 $48,188 $26,811 $0 06/30/2010
CLUB FOR GROWTH PAC $1,851,928 $1,589,206 $316,453 $0 06/30/2010

itshappening
08-01-2010, 03:51 AM
Yeah, what is going on? please we need to get going on this

someone needs to take the reigns