PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul: The Media Targets the Tea Party

bobbyw24
07-12-2010, 12:31 PM
Kentucky GOP Senate candidate Rand Paul says the news media has intentionally been unfair to the tea party movement, and suggested that the only way it would be able to "control the message" will be through paid advertising.

Paul, speaking Saturday at the Kentucky Freedom Festival, told assembled tea party activists that “we have to get our policy out there, we’re not going to get a lot of help from the newspapers.”

“We must present our message. We must articulate it. We cannot let them describe who we are, we have to describe who we are,” Paul said of the media. “We cannot let them characterize us.”

Paul, a tea party favorite, alleged that there has been a “concerted effort since the tea party began to rise, since my victory, to paint us as something we are not.”

“There is nothing about our movement that is really outside of any type of mainstream,” he said.

Paul added that the only way that the tea party will ever be able to “control the message” will be when the network of grassroots groups is able to “buy advertising.

“Until we buy advertising, the message is controlled by the other side,” he said.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0710/39604.html#ixzz0tUiZJs5H

acptulsa
07-12-2010, 12:39 PM
I've seen Tea Partiers libeled in a flipping movie review. And most inaccurately, I might add.

The good news is that they're going so overboard on us that all you have to do is say two or three complete sentences without cursing revealing any hidden bombs on your body and the victims of their hoax will say, 'You're not what I expected.' Then you're off and running.

specsaregood
07-12-2010, 12:56 PM
Hrm, I see a problem though.

Paul added that the only way that the tea party will ever be able to “control the message” will be when the network of grassroots groups is able to “buy advertising.

“Until we buy advertising, the message is controlled by the other side,” he said.

So you are going to purchase the services of those who are smearing you? Would not some type of boycott promotion be more effective? And only purchase advertising via non-biased sources?