PDA

View Full Version : AlterNet in hysterics against the Power of the Tea Parties

sailingaway
07-12-2010, 09:10 AM
http://blogs.alternet.org/speakeasy/2010/07/12/why-the-tea-party-is-far-more-dangerous-than-progressives-give-it-credit-for/

You really have GOT to read the whole thing, for a laugh. Here is the conclusion:

" So, I don’t dismiss these people at all. I think they rank with climate change and nuclear proliferation as threats to humanity. And we have no time to be dicking around arguing over the soul of Barack Obama. "

Go, us!

FrankRep
07-12-2010, 09:14 AM
Because, if you haven’t noticed, the Republicans are voting in absolute lockstep, and they’re dancing to the Tea Partiers tune. They are terrified of opposing them. And even when they do oppose them we see outcomes like Rand Paul crushing the establishment candidate in a socially conservative (i.e., not a libertarian) state.

The author is not a fan of Rand Paul it seems. lol.

Stary Hickory
07-12-2010, 09:20 AM
Yeah people who demand to free are a threat. Kind of cracks me up. Only if you are a authoritarian statist does the Tea Party threaten you.

My god it's like some comes around and kick your ass everyday and takes your lunch money...they do this repeatedly over and over....and if one day you decide to try and stop them you are now a "threat".......we need more of that kind of threat in this country.

acptulsa
07-12-2010, 12:42 PM
God forbid that regular people should have power in a 'democracy'. That's certainly not the way the CIA sets up 'democracies'...