PDA

View Full Version : Message to Dems please help edit

GunnyFreedom
07-11-2010, 04:38 PM
James Madison put a final end to the Barbary pirates, and ended piracy on the Atlantic in his day. Now, corporate pirates run our governments by pulling the strings on masses of election donations, and private perks.

Glen Bradley is a Constitutional Conservative who cannot be bought by the corporate pirates seeking favors, as his whole agenda is in returning to the Constitution and restoring citizen sovereignty in the Tarheel State, as our Founders intended.

The way we have run things up to now has been intolerable, and has only made the problems worse. There is no better time than now to change this forever.

A return to Constitutional government will mean a return to prosperity, and more importantly - long term prosperity. Transitioning to a less restrictive government infrastructure will draw businesses and manufacturers to North Carolina, for the very same reasons they have now been fleeing overseas. We will become a domestic business haven, which will lead to general prosperity and jobs.

Nothing will advance the cause of personal liberty further now than a major and unexpected victory on the part of a Constitutionalist Republican in District 49. When the GOP sees "Constitution" was the best and only way to victory, we will all get what we want, we will then just have to wash the pretenders out.

Vote Glen Bradley for State House and lets put the Lobbery Pirates down for good!

GunnyFreedom
07-11-2010, 04:40 PM
para 4-5 disturb me

erowe1
07-11-2010, 04:51 PM
You probably know better than I do. But is "conservative" a selling point for Dems in your area?

Also, you might want to say something specific about being against bailouts. You might also use some short bullet points to get their attention before they have a chance to throw it away without reading it, like:

no bank bailouts
no corporate welfare
no policing the world

or something.

erowe1
07-11-2010, 04:54 PM
para 4-5 disturb me

I agree. I think "Lobbery Pirates" is way too subtle and will make people say, "What in the world does lobbery mean? Can this guy send out something without typos in it?"

And paragraph 4 is awkward. The "was" in the 2nd sentence doesn't fit. And I think the whole paragraph should be put in a more direct way.

GunnyFreedom
07-11-2010, 04:54 PM
You probably know better than I do. But is "conservative" a selling point for Dems in your area?

50/50 yes/no actually, good idea to do something different there yes.

Also, you might want to say something specific about being against bailouts. You might also use some short bullet points to get their attention before they have a chance to throw it away without reading it, like:

no bank bailouts
no corporate welfare
no policing the world

or something.

To win Dem votes I think I need to make an argument. Maybe I can super-bold the bullets within the text so it has the same effect.

GunnyFreedom
07-11-2010, 04:56 PM
I agree. I think "Lobbery Pirates" is way too subtle and will make people say, "What in the world does lobbery mean? Can this guy send out something without typos in it?"

And paragraph 4 is awkward. The "was" in the 2nd sentence doesn't fit. And I think the whole paragraph should be put in a more direct way.

If I quote and italicize that it becomes an obvious nickname. folks around here like nicknames. I can probably fore-shadow it near the top "corporate lobby pirates" up top will connect it.

YumYum
07-11-2010, 05:01 PM
A return to Constitutional government will mean a return to prosperity, and more importantly - long term prosperity. Transitioning to a less restrictive government infrastructure will draw businesses and manufacturers to North Carolina, for the very same reasons they have now been fleeing overseas. We will become a domestic business haven, which will lead to general prosperity and jobs.

Nothing will advance the cause of personal liberty further now than a major and unexpected victory on the part of a Constitutionalist Republican in District 49. When the GOP sees "Constitution" was the best and only way to victory, we will all get what we want, we will then just have to wash the pretenders out.

Vote Glen Bradley for State House and lets put the Lobbery Pirates down for good!

Good message, but how about something like this:

"A return to Constitutional government will mean making hard choices, just like Governor Chris Christie of New Jersey is having to do. By following his courageous example, I too will work hard to make the changes necessary that will save our state from bankruptcy and bring back jobs to North Carolina."

Do you want personal liberty and freedom? Then don't vote for a candidate who pretends to love our Constitution, while giving away our tax dollars to special interest groups and corporate crooks who profit from empire building.

Vote Glen Bradley for State House and lets put the Lobbery Pirates down for good!"

heavenlyboy34
07-11-2010, 05:03 PM
This is grammatically strange-(my corrections and suggestions in bold) "When the GOP sees "Constitution" to be was the best and only way to victory, we will all get what we want,. Wwe will then justsimply have to wash the pretenders out."

I'm sure there are better words for "pretenders" in the GOP lexicon. Perhaps "poseurs"?

lynnf
07-11-2010, 05:04 PM
James Madison put a final end to the Barbary pirates, and ended piracy on the Atlantic in his day. Now, corporate pirates run our governments by pulling the strings on masses of election donations, and private perks.

Glen Bradley is a Constitutional Conservative who cannot be bought by the corporate pirates seeking favors, as his whole agenda is in returning to the Constitution and restoring citizen sovereignty in the Tarheel State, as our Founders intended.

The way we have run things up to now has been intolerable, and has only made the problems worse. There is no better time than now to change this forever.

I'd say you haven't made your case in #4 -- what will draw them?

in #5, I'd say this instead: Advance the cause of personal liberty by supporting a Constitutional Republican in District 49. When the GOP sees that adherence to the Constitution is the best and only way to victory......

lynn

newbitech
07-11-2010, 05:42 PM

A return to Constitutional government will mean a return to prosperity, and more importantly - long term prosperity. (Prosperity that benefits all peaceful and free people. An Olive Branch perhaps between the "parties"?) Transitioning to a less restrictive government infrastructure will draw businesses and manufacturers to North Carolina(this sounds like a pillar ideal for the GOP to bring to the front. As America politics shifts to the landscape of less government, the GOP will lead the transition to a Constitutional self-government for all ), for the very same reasons they have now been fleeing overseas. We will become a domestic business haven, which will lead to general prosperity and jobs.

Nothing will advance the cause of personal liberty further now than a major and unexpected victory on the part of a Constitutionalist Republican in District 49.

When the GOP sees "Constitution" was the best and only way to victory., we will all get what we want, we will then just have to wash the pretenders out.

, we will all get what we want, we will then just have to wash the pretenders out.

I took this part out. Just made this seem like a lazy paragraph. Maybe get a better closing sentence? Just a thought.

And looking at it, the whole sentence calling on the GOP and putting the Constitution in quotes.

I just took the whole sentence out.

I like the way this ending sounds better

Nothing will advance the cause of personal liberty further now than a major and unexpected victory on the part of a Constitutionalist Republican in District 49.

GunnyFreedom
07-11-2010, 06:46 PM
Once President James Madison put a final end to the Barbary pirates, and ended piracy on the Atlantic in his day. Now, corporate pirates run our governments by pulling the strings on masses of incumbent donations, and private perks.

Glen Bradley is a Constitutionalist who cannot be bought by the corporate lobby-pirates seeking favors. His whole agenda is to return to the Constitution and to set our people free in the Tarheel State, as our Founders intended.

A return to Constitutional government will mean a return to prosperity - long term prosperity - and one that benefits everyone. Transitioning to a less restrictive government infrastructure will draw businesses and manufacturers to North Carolina, for the very same reasons they now flee overseas. We will become a domestic haven, which will lead to general prosperity and a surplus of jobs.

Nothing will advance the cause of personal liberty further now than a major and unexpected victory that will come from your support for a true Constitutional Republican in District 49.

Vote Glen Bradley for State House and lets put the "Lobbery Pirates" down for good!

YumYum
07-11-2010, 06:50 PM
Once President James Madison put a final end to the Barbary pirates, and ended piracy on the Atlantic in his day. Now, corporate pirates run our governments by pulling the strings on masses of incumbent donations, and private perks.

Glen Bradley is a Constitutionalist who cannot be bought by the corporate lobby-pirates seeking favors. His whole agenda is to return to the Constitution and to set our people free in the Tarheel State, as our Founders intended.

A return to Constitutional government will mean a return to prosperity - long term prosperity - and one that benefits everyone. Transitioning to a less restrictive government infrastructure will draw businesses and manufacturers to North Carolina, for the very same reasons they now flee overseas. We will become a domestic haven, which will lead to general prosperity and a surplus of jobs.

Nothing will advance the cause of personal liberty further now than a major and unexpected victory that will come from your support for a true Constitutional Republican in District 49.

Vote Glen Bradley for State House and lets put the "Lobbery Pirates" down for good!

This is directed at Democrats?

GunnyFreedom
07-11-2010, 06:58 PM
This is directed at Democrats?

Yes, an attempt in any case. North Carolina Dems. Most of whom say openly they are only Dem because you can't get anywhere otherwise. I don't think progressives and liberals will hear it though.

YumYum
07-11-2010, 07:18 PM
Yes, an attempt in any case. North Carolina Dems. Most of whom say openly they are only Dem because you can't get anywhere otherwise. I don't think progressives and liberals will hear it though.

That is not always the case. I have found that when discussing our government with Democrats, they don't want to abolish all of the programs that people benefit from; they want to fix them. So, I present the fact that if we bring our troops home and stop foreign aid, we would save over a trillion dollars; money that could be used here at home.

Your message of corrupt corporatism is good, and your vow to stand up to high pressure special interest groups is an eye-catcher.

One thing you could tell the Dems is that your not going to throw out every welfare program overnight (that is what Ron Paul said during his campaign), but you will make sure that programs that help the most disadvantaged citizens will remain, while the programs that are not working you will work to get rid of.

There is nothing wrong with being a fiscal conservative when you are broke. How many Dems run their household bouncing bad checks? Democrats listen and respond to that kind of simple logic, and they are sensible enough to know that everybody has to make some sacrifices.

I mentioned Chris Christie because there are some Democrats who really like him.

GunnyFreedom
07-11-2010, 07:30 PM
That is not always the case. I have found that when discussing our government with Democrats, they don't want to abolish all of the programs that people benefit from; they want to fix them.

they will probably think "he won't be able to abolish all of that by himself but he will sure be tight with our money huh?" but better presentation of the concept may be in order. I will have 2 sides to the slimjim.

So, I present the fact that if we bring our troops home and stop foreign aid, we would save over a trillion dollars; money that could be used here at home.

This is really out, as I am running for State legislature with no effect over foreign policy. My whole business is the function of domestic government. If I were to argue outside of that people would say i didn't know what job I was applying for. :p

Your message of corrupt corporatism is good, and your vow to stand up to high pressure special interest groups is an eye-catcher.

One thing you could tell the Dems is that your not going to throw out every welfare program overnight (that is what Ron Paul said during his campaign), but you will make sure that programs that help the most disadvantaged citizens will remain, while the programs that are not working you will work to get rid of.

There is nothing wrong with being a fiscal conservative when you are broke. How many Dems run their household bouncing bad checks? Democrats listen and respond to that kind of simple logic, and they are sensible enough to know that everybody has to make some sacrifices.

I mentioned Chris Christie because there are some Democrats who really like him.This is good input and is being deeply considered now. thank you!

YumYum
07-11-2010, 07:33 PM
This is good input and is being deeply considered now. thank you!

You're welcome!:)

GunnyFreedom
07-11-2010, 07:36 PM
^^^ edited above

Ninja Homer
07-11-2010, 09:20 PM
My purposefully heavy editing... take what you like, leave what you don't. :)

In his day, President James Madison put a final end to the Barbary pirates, and ended piracy on the Atlantic. The pirates of today are corporations that run our government through pulling the strings on incumbent donations, private perks, and massive corporate lobbying.

Glen Bradley can not be bought. He will work to return to the Constitution and to free people in the Tarheel State, as our Founders intended.

The way the government has run things has been intolerable, and only worsened the problems. Now is the time to change this forever.

A return to Constitutional government equals a return to prosperity - long term prosperity - that benefits everybody. Transitioning to a less restrictive government infrastructure will draw businesses and manufacturers back to North Carolina, for the very same reasons they have been moving overseas. We will be a domestic haven, with genuine prosperity and a surplus of jobs.

Advance the cause of personal liberty with a major and unexpected victory by supporting a true Constitutional Republican in District 49.

Vote Glen Bradley for State House and let's put the "Lobbery Pirates" down for good!

Ninja Homer
07-11-2010, 09:33 PM
I think I'd like "Lobbying Pirates" better. I know Lobbery is a play on Barbary, but "Lobbying Pirates" is close enough and I think people will instantly understand it.

Yieu
07-12-2010, 07:25 AM
Here are my suggestions, feel free to use or not use any part of it. Hope it helps. I tried to add a few of our ideas that democrats can relate to.

-Once- >Once long ago,< President James Madison put a final end to the Barbary pirates, and ended piracy on the Atlantic -in his day-. -Now- >Today<, corporate pirates run our governments by pulling the strings on masses of incumbent donations, and private perks.

Glen Bradley is a Constitutionalist who cannot be bought by the corporate lobby-pirates seeking favors. His whole agenda is to return to the Constitution >as our Founders intended (it to be?),< and to set our people free in the Tarheel State-, as our Founders intended-.

-The way we have run things up to now has been intolerable, and has only made the problems worse.- >We have for too long allowed lobbying corporate pirates who have helped to set policy which has worked against the benefit of the People. We have allowed unmanageable spending and public debt in a time of economic hardship, while the People suffer through burdensome taxation. This is intolerable, especially in today's economy, and it has only made the problems worse. If those burdens were all reduced, it could help to spur a much needed economic recovery here in North Carolina.< There -is- >has been< no better time than now to change -this- >these things< forever.

A return to >the limits of a< Constitutional government will mean a return to prosperity - long term prosperity - and one that benefits everyone, >including the poor and middle class<. Transitioning to a -less restrictive- government infrastructure >that is less restrictive of the People< will >allow us greater freedom and< draw businesses and manufacturers to North Carolina, for the very same reasons they now flee overseas. We will become a domestic haven, which will lead to general prosperity and a surplus of jobs.

Nothing -will- >would serve to further< advance the cause of personal liberty >in North Carolina< -further- now than a major and unexpected victory that will come from your support for a true Constitutional>ist< -Republican- in District 49.

AuH2O
07-12-2010, 07:45 AM
The Barbary Pirates angle is lost on, well, pretty much everyone.

Stary Hickory
07-12-2010, 09:25 AM
Never met a Dem who believed in the Constitution. I don't know what to tell you.

YumYum
07-12-2010, 09:37 AM
Never met a Dem who believed in the Constitution. I don't know what to tell you.

Der r dems dat do, 'n dems dat don't.:)

GunnyFreedom
07-12-2010, 03:36 PM
The Barbary Pirates angle is lost on, well, pretty much everyone.

It's just a means to tack on "pirates" that will lead people to good things if they look it up. A device used to deliver the meat.

GunnyFreedom
07-12-2010, 03:46 PM
Here are my suggestions, feel free to use or not use any part of it. Hope it helps. I tried to add a few of our ideas that democrats can relate to.

-Once- >Once long ago,< President James Madison put a final end to the Barbary pirates, and ended piracy on the Atlantic -in his day-. -Now- >Today<, corporate pirates run our governments by pulling the strings on masses of incumbent donations, and private perks.

Glen Bradley is a Constitutionalist who cannot be bought by the corporate lobby-pirates seeking favors. His whole agenda is to return to the Constitution >as our Founders intended (it to be?),< and to set our people free in the Tarheel State-, as our Founders intended-.

-The way we have run things up to now has been intolerable, and has only made the problems worse.- >We have for too long allowed lobbying corporate pirates who have helped to set policy which has worked against the benefit of the People. We have allowed unmanageable spending and public debt in a time of economic hardship, while the People suffer through burdensome taxation. This is intolerable, especially in today's economy, and it has only made the problems worse. If those burdens were all reduced, it could help to spur a much needed economic recovery here in North Carolina.< There -is- >has been< no better time than now to change -this- >these things< forever.

A return to >the limits of a< Constitutional government will mean a return to prosperity - long term prosperity - and one that benefits everyone, >including the poor and middle class<. Transitioning to a -less restrictive- government infrastructure >that is less restrictive of the People< will >allow us greater freedom and< draw businesses and manufacturers to North Carolina, for the very same reasons they now flee overseas. We will become a domestic haven, which will lead to general prosperity and a surplus of jobs.

Nothing -will- >would serve to further< advance the cause of personal liberty >in North Carolina< -further- now than a major and unexpected victory that will come from your support for a true Constitutional>ist< -Republican- in District 49.

I like this. thank you.

AuH2O
07-12-2010, 04:37 PM
It's just a means to tack on "pirates" that will lead people to good things if they look it up. A device used to deliver the meat.

Well I do this stuff for a living, and I suggest that it's better to lead with the meat than to meander to it, especially if that meandering drags your audience through obscure or inaccessible historical references.

GunnyFreedom
07-12-2010, 05:04 PM
Slimjims alpha proof, Dems unfinished....but close...

165k PDF file http://away.144Ridgewood.net/filebin/repmiddemLOW.pdf (http://away.144Ridgewood.net/filebin/repmiddemLOW.pdf)

GunnyFreedom
07-12-2010, 05:17 PM
Just updated and replaced front of Dem slimjim

GunnyFreedom
07-12-2010, 07:12 PM
Slimjims beta proof, Dems backside unfinished....but close...

166k PDF file (http://away.144Ridgewood.net/filebin/repmiddemLOW.pdf)http://away.144Ridgewood.net/filebin/repmiddemLOW.pdf (http://away.144Ridgewood.net/filebin/repmiddemLOW.pdf)

I want to get:

15k Constituionalist
10k Democrat
5k Republican

printed and cut immediately and launch the canvass.

jacque
07-12-2010, 08:26 PM
Get it going...looks good!

Imperial
07-12-2010, 08:37 PM
If you are sending this to Dems, you ahve to remember that even if many of them are conservative many will also be liberal or progressive. Make your flyer so that you don't alienate either group. For example, you can paint corporatism to appeal to both groups.

GunnyFreedom
07-12-2010, 08:44 PM
If you are sending this to Dems, you ahve to remember that even if many of them are conservative many will also be liberal or progressive. Make your flyer so that you don't alienate either group. For example, you can paint corporatism to appeal to both groups.

Republicans will get the Republican one. Democrats will get the Democrat one. Both will get the Constitutional one.