PDA

View Full Version : NH state police drug dog, attacks, bites, innocent 13 year girl

Anti Federalist
07-11-2010, 12:56 PM
NH State Police “Drug” Dog Attacks Innocent 13-Year Old

Ahhh the use of dogs in forever failed government “War on Drugs.” It seems that in Concord, NH a state police K9 got loose from it’s handler, ran across the street, viciously attacked another dog, and then viciously attacked the 13-year old girl/owner who was trying to protect her dog from being attacked:

http://www.unionleader.com/uploads/media-items/2010/july/100711bevisa275.jpg

“The girl, attempting to protect her dog, was bitten several times on her left arm and hand. (A NH State Police official) said the incident is under investigation by the department and that State Police have been in touch with the victim’s family.”

Clearly the state police will conduct a full, fair, and evenhanded investigation of themselves. Had this dog attack had been completely reversed in sequence and involved a dog charging the state trooper… I think we’d probably have another dead dog.

An interesting comment by a Union Leader reader:

The only question here is obvious….Why was the officer not in control of the dog?….I guessing that the drug dog broke free of the officers grip on the leash…but that doesn’t relieve the officer of responsibility…
- unwind, NH

Yes, that indeed is correct. The law on this type of thing reads:

466:31 Dogs a Menace, a Nuisance or Vicious

II. Under this section, a dog is considered to be a nuisance, a menace, or vicious to persons or to property under any or all but not limited to the following conditions:

(e) If it growls, snaps at, runs after, or chases any person or persons not on the premises of the owner or keeper;

(g) If, whether alone or in a pack with other dogs, it bites, attacks, or preys on game animals, domestic animals, fowl or human beings.

Since this clearly is a violation of this law… the state trooper will be facing charges, right? Isn’t that only fair considering if it were you or I who lost control of our respective dog and it did what the trooper’s dog did, we’d be facing charges?

With all the “authority” granted to a public official such as this, shouldn’t they be held to a higher standard?

http://freekeene.com/2010/07/11/nh-state-police-drug-dog-attacks-innocent-13-year-old/comment-page-1/

NH Union-Leader article on the story:

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?articleId=64914ed8-a5af-4a13-9a0f-47b3b4bc814c&headline=Concord+authorities+probe+police-dog+bite+case

phill4paul
07-11-2010, 01:57 PM
I predict the dog will get two weeks desk duty then return to full capacity.

jclay2
07-11-2010, 01:58 PM
I love how this 13 year old girl is tougher than 99% of the cops out there! Unlike most police dog killings, the assault was not done by a chiwawa

fisharmor
07-11-2010, 02:00 PM
Clearly the state police will conduct a full, fair, and evenhanded investigation of themselves.
During which the dog will be on paid vacation, and at the end of which the dog will be declared to have been in concordance with all state police policies.

NH must be making progress: in a lot of other states the 13yo would have gotten two in the chest for making threatening motions toward the dog.

Anti Federalist
07-11-2010, 02:28 PM
During which the dog will be on paid vacation, and at the end of which the dog will be declared to have been in concordance with all state police policies.

NH must be making progress: in a lot of other states the 13yo would have gotten two in the chest for making threatening motions toward the dog.

I thought the same thing.

Down south, she would have gotten shot. :mad: