PDA

View Full Version : Should I collect a "tax refund" and help crash the system? vs Moral highground?

Reason
07-10-2010, 11:53 PM
Here in socal there has been a massive influx of middle eastern immigrants over the last 15 years that has steadily increased drastically since our clusterfuck in Iraq.

They are mostly chaldeans which pretty much means christian middle eastern.

Here is the issue.

They are RAPING the welfare system in the A$$.

Here is what they do...

They put all their brand new Escalade SUV's in one family members name, have all the income from their local liquor shop go into that persons name etc so that then they can have their 2398394932849384 cousins go get every last dime of welfare they can.

BTW This method was confirmed to everyone at my work a few weeks ago by a guy who works at the local welfare office...

The other day I was at the grocery store.

I had 4 items.

I went to the 15 items or less line...

The guy in that line in front of me had 3 fucking carts full of powerades/gatorades that were on clearance...

So not only is this guy in the 15 items or less line with 3 fucking carts full of hundreds of items...

When it comes time for him to pay he busts out FOUR EBT welfare (food stamp) debit cards to pay for it all....

What he is doing is taking all these back to his liquor store to sell the 50cent each drinks for 3 bucks a pop that he paid for with YOUR TAX DOLLARS!

When I used to work at a grocery store back in the day as one of my first jobs these middle eastern people would hardcore work the system there as well...

What they would do was have one person from their MASSIVE family come in and buy ALL THE STOCK on w/e item was on clearance that they could resell at their store.

Then they would have the next family member come in and get a "RAIN CHECK" for that sale price since they were now out of stock...

Then they would have the next family member come in and get a "RAIN CHECK" for that sale price since they were now out of stock...

This allows them to come back to the grocery store and repurchase all their stock for that one time weekend holiday sale price for the rest of the entire year....

Now... Back to the EBT welfare food stamp cards....

Some of my coworkers have become so fed up with listening to these people brag about how much free money they get that they just gave up, said fuck it, and went to sign up as well.

So here is the question...

Should I do what my coworkers have now done and collect a "tax refund" and help crash the system?

OR

Hold the moral highground and pay for my groceries with the money I actually earned?

For a long time I have been able to hold the moral highground and in case you couldn't tell by this rant it's getting very hard to continue to hold this position....

Anti Federalist
07-10-2010, 11:55 PM
Hold.

Virtue is it's own reward.

specsaregood
07-10-2010, 11:59 PM
What they would do was have one person from their MASSIVE family come in and buy ALL THE STOCK on w/e item was on clearance that they could resell at their store.

Hrm, usually you can't get a "rain check" price for clearance items, normal sale items yes, but not clearance.

Reason
07-11-2010, 12:01 AM
Hrm, usually you can't get a "rain check" price for clearance items, normal sale items yes, but not clearance.

Sale price/clearance, the point was they would scan those special event sales like hungry hawks that would usually only last 48 hours or so and then hardcore abuse the system.

Was it the grocery stores fault for allowing it? Sure, but I just added that story because it just shows what character and methods that these people are using.

It's the tax dollars that really ticks me off.

michaelwise
07-11-2010, 12:18 AM
No. Do this instead.
Go max out your credit cards with cash advances. Go buy a house and default on the credit cards. Keep the house you just bought with cash you now own free and clear. Default on the unsecured credit cards. Worked for somebody I know.

LibertarianfromGermany
07-11-2010, 01:32 AM
I say go for it if you feel secure that there won't be any bad consequences for you. You are not stealing anything, you are just taking from the thief which in the end will help bring down the thief's ability to steal. The government will tax as much as it can possibly steal considering public opinion anyway. The faster the process goes, the more it will be resisted against. If you can find a way to take from the state while at the same time enriching yourself, you hit the jackpot!

tremendoustie
07-11-2010, 02:00 AM
Hold the moral highground and pay for my groceries with the money I actually earned?

For a long time I have been able to hold the moral highground and in case you couldn't tell by this rant it's getting very hard to continue to hold this position....

I'm not sure that's the moral high ground. If you pay more in taxes than you get in benefits, I'd say you're taking back your stolen property.

On the other hand, I can also understand the perspective of those who just want as little to do with these thugs as possible.

t0rnado
07-11-2010, 02:14 AM
I know of a family that does that as well. They own liquor stores and hotels, but claim to have no income and send their kids to college for free through federal grants and financial aid, receive welfare, food stamps, etc. courtesy of the US taxpayer.

It's too bad that this system even exists. I questioned another person I knew that was doing this and they responded with something along the lines of, "Yeah, I'm taking your money. You're paying for my college tuition. So what?" Now, they actually embrace being leeches instead of being embarrassed that they're immoral.

The choice is obviously up to you, but you'll fall into the same category of people you're criticizing if you do what they do.

RideTheDirt
07-11-2010, 02:15 AM
No. Do this instead.
Go max out your credit cards with cash advances. Go buy a house and default on the credit cards. Keep the house you just bought with cash you now own free and clear. Default on the unsecured credit cards. Worked for somebody I know.
:eek:

newbitech
07-11-2010, 02:37 AM
I can't really say what I want to say because I value my forum membership. I have seen this go on with housing as well. For whatever reason, and even tho the housing things I saw were years ago, your story just hit me a little harder just now.

All I can think of is how profoundly ignorant most American's are to these types of things.

American's aren't going to change until it hits them. Most American's I know are kind, moral, and would gladly help out a fellow American in need.

I think what you should do is invest in a video camera. Film this kind of bullshit going on and plow it all over these forums, facebook, the entire internet.

People call taxation theft. Well, here are the thieves. Expose the bastards, take the moral high ground and have faith that when you bring this kind of bullshit to light, you won't have to worry about stealing.

I will personally help you spread the videos and the story if you put it together like a modern day internet investigative journalist.

Elwar
07-11-2010, 10:58 AM
I'm all for getting back every single tax dollar that you have or ever will pay in in whatever way possible.

I also like the credit card idea. Max out your credit cards, buy gold. Buy some land and get a construction loan for a house as expensive as the bank will loan you. Use the money to buy gold.

Go bankrupt. Move to the Bahamas. Retire.

MelissaWV
07-11-2010, 11:21 AM
The credit card idea is not bad, but you have to be in a particular set of circumstances to do it. If I recall correctly, Reason is one of our college-stuck posters? I might be wrong, but I think so. This tends to limit the influx of high-limit unsecured credit cards, at least to the point that he could reasonably expect to purchase a house with cash advances.

The system will crash, with or without you. The fact that these people (seem to) get away with it does not mean you will. Sad as it is, the Government enforces things selectively. If you're plucked from the multitudes you will be in deep shit for a good while. This isn't to "scare you" but merely something to weigh in your decision. I was on foodstamps for a little bit... a very short, very uncomfortable little bit. I can't say I was happier on those than when I was homeless. I honestly would rather just scrounge for food. Eating out of a vending machine is more satisfying to me than sucking off of the Government teat. Even if it is my money coming back to me, it really isn't. It's furthering the waste.

That's me, though; perhaps sit somewhere quietly and think it over for yourself :)

Zippyjuan
07-11-2010, 12:08 PM
No. Do this instead.

Gonna need a ton of credit cards to be able to take out enough cash to buy a house with. Unless you are in Detroit or someplace similar.

We used to have double coupons at our grocery store up to $1- meaning you got up to $2 off an item. They did have a limit of up to three but you would see a family (not Arab but race is not important) come in- three or four people- and all go through different checkout lines. With some of the ad deals and coupons combined, they got a lot of items either free or at very low cost. They then went to say the local swap meet or perhaps their own store and resold the items. I think they got all the coupons from newspaper vending machines- pay for one paper and take all the ones in the box. They were refered to as "coupon queens" (even if they were men). In responce, the stores changed the coupon policies- now doubling only one and up to a maximum discount of $1 (a 75 cent coupon would get another 25 cents discount) and raised the prices of the items to where they covered the costs even with a coupon. They also set limits on how many items you could get on rainchecks (six).

So the stores responded to people abusing the system. Government needs to too but there is really no incentive for them to do that. It is not their money they are handing out and polititians who hand out money get more support from voters- even though it is the voter's money they are giving away and the people don't connect that.

Elwar
07-11-2010, 12:17 PM
The guy I bought my house from is a construction worker. He benefitted from the housing boom by flipping houses. He moved the house I currently live on from down the street to the lot it's on now. In its place he built a four story behemouth. It's huge on the outside but the inside is unfinished and gutted.

I found out that he owed over a million dollars to the bank on the big house. His buddy was the contractor on the house and I'm sure he was paid a lot more than went into the construction of it. It's going up for auction soon and I heard that he's getting another buddy to buy the house cheap so that he can buy it off of him at far less than he owed the bank (probably around $200k). I'm still paying him for part of the owner financing I did on my house, but my checks go to his grandmother.

But all of these examples are pennies compared to what goes on in the defense contracting world. Same shit, bigger numbers.