PDA

View Full Version : Supreme Court justice Clarence Thomas "outraged" after nephew was tased.

phill4paul
07-10-2010, 07:26 AM
http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0709/security-punches-tazes-nephew-clarence-thomas/

Derek Thomas was admitted to West Jefferson Hospital in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana, Thursday, after a possible suicide attempt, reports ABC affiliate WGNO.

When the Supreme Court justice's nephew refused to put on a hospital gown and said he wanted to leave the hospital, doctors ordered security to restrain him.

Security guards "punched him in his lip, pulled out more than a fistful of his dreadlocks and tasered him to restrain him," a statement from Thomas' family said.

Shortly afterwards, family members say, Thomas suffered a "massive epileptic seizure."

catdd
07-10-2010, 07:31 AM
"Supreme Court justice Clarence Thomas "outraged" after nephew was tased."

See, Judge, "all the pretty people drinkin and thinkin that they got it made" really do not. We are all in the same boat when it comes to the police state.

phill4paul
07-10-2010, 07:37 AM
All will be set right...

The station reported that an "outraged" Justice Thomas is headed to Louisiana to look into his nephew's condition.

jmdrake
07-10-2010, 08:08 AM
It's funny how these things seem different when they happen to the relatives of the rich and famous. There was a short moratorium on the use of tasers in Nashville after the son of a country music songwriter was tasered to death. (You have to understand that in Nashville country music stars are like Lebron James.)

Bruno
07-10-2010, 08:20 AM
It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

coastie
07-10-2010, 08:24 AM
It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Indeed it will. But will anything change? Nope.:mad:

lynnf
07-10-2010, 08:45 AM
it can't be said enough --

tasers = torture = tasers = torture = tasers = torture = tasers = torture

angelatc
07-10-2010, 09:37 AM
They're still not legal for the cops to use in Michigan, but every session the Republicans try to get them approved.

fedup100
07-10-2010, 10:45 AM
The first time I ever heard of a tazer being used on an innocent american I was stunned with outrage. I just couldn't believe this would be allowed in a free nation.

Today it is epidemic and no different than Russian roulette by the police. I

This whole country and most of it's citizens stink to high heaven. Leaving this piece of s()*^% hell hole is the only option left.

YumYum
07-10-2010, 10:54 AM
(You have to understand that in Nashville country music stars are like Lebron James.)

I have to disagree. Lebron James is a much better singer.

Up The Deise
07-10-2010, 11:03 AM

Anti Federalist
07-10-2010, 11:17 AM

See, Judge, "all the pretty people drinkin and thinkin that they got it made" really do not. We are all in the same boat when it comes to the police state.

That +1776

ETA - Doubleplusgood for the "Like a Rolling Stone" reference.

CCTelander
07-10-2010, 11:32 AM

Not even close. Thomas has clout and will no doubt use same. Somebody's head will roll.

Meanwhile, we mere mundanes may be tazed, beaten, raped and murdered with something approaching impunity.

brandon
07-10-2010, 11:40 AM
THomas will make sure those brutal bastards pay. It's a shame us peons can't hold the police accountable, but I'm glad at least someone can. Thomas is relatively not that bad of a guy. And we should form here on out have an anti-taser advocate on the SCOTUS

Anti Federalist
07-10-2010, 11:42 AM
Not even close. Thomas has clout and will no doubt use same. Somebody's head will roll.

Meanwhile, we mere mundanes may be tazed, beaten, raped and murdered with something approaching impunity.

Certainly, the possibility of consequences are greater than those associated with tasering a mundane.

jkr
07-10-2010, 11:44 AM
AS long AS he establishes leagal precedent i dont care what he does

if they can have tasers, i want a lightsaber!

CCTelander
07-10-2010, 11:50 AM

The "legal precedent" that will be set is the same one that's been in place for millenia: Don't fuck with the people in power. Everyone else is fair game.

Live_Free_Or_Die
07-10-2010, 01:37 PM
Welcome to the Amerika you have helped create Clarence.

http://www.myspaceantics.com/images/myspace-graphics/funny-pictures/kid-flipping-bird.jpg

low preference guy
07-10-2010, 01:43 PM

What an ignorant post.

jkr
07-10-2010, 01:52 PM
all he has to do is ask the question...and we ALL ask it

catdd
07-10-2010, 02:05 PM

That makes sense, but I'm reminded of when a Berwyn Heights Mayor's home was raided...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/07/30/AR2008073003299.html

Live_Free_Or_Die
07-10-2010, 02:09 PM
What an ignorant post.

Did your guilty conscience get the best of your post trying to formulate an intelligent reply when omitting any reason it is an ignorant post?

HOLLYWOOD
07-10-2010, 02:17 PM
Every invasion of individual rights happens with the eager support of people acting in the sincere and thoroughly mistaken confidence that what they permit the state to do to others will never be done to themselves. Or in this case relatives.

Maybe Clarence Thomas will set policy with the Imperialists for, immunity to all Federal Government Employee Blood Lines.

http://www.myspaceantics.com/images/myspace-graphics/funny-pictures/kid-flipping-bird.jpg

0zzy
07-10-2010, 02:21 PM
Clarance is one of the better Justices no? probably bad on gitmo but most things he's good.

torchbearer
07-10-2010, 02:30 PM
remember- they didn't start decriminalizing marijuana until politician's kids were getting arrested for it.

PreDeadMan
07-10-2010, 02:36 PM
remember- they didn't start decriminalizing marijuana until politician's kids were getting arrested for it.

haha.... So if the politician's friends and families get busted for a myriad of drugs the drug war will end =p?

AuH20
07-10-2010, 02:37 PM

Do you know anything about Clarence Thomas? Clarence Thomas is the de facto originalist on the Court.

0zzy
07-10-2010, 02:53 PM

though Thomas has already supported States' rights on this issue (medical marijuana case in California, I think was the issue).

torchbearer
07-10-2010, 05:53 PM
haha.... So if the politician's friends and families get busted for a myriad of drugs the drug war will end =p?

gives me an idea.

squarepusher
07-10-2010, 06:37 PM
well, if his nephew really was trying to commit suicide, do you think he then should have been detained?

YumYum
07-10-2010, 07:05 PM
well, if his nephew really was trying to commit suicide, do you think he then should have been detained?

Yes.

Anti Federalist
07-10-2010, 11:38 PM
I'll bump this.

phill4paul
07-12-2010, 05:24 AM
//

jmdrake
07-12-2010, 06:19 AM
Clarance is one of the better Justices no? probably bad on gitmo but most things he's good.

Yeah he sucked on Gitmo. Believe or not Scalia is the best judge on that issue.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/03-6696.ZD.html

Basically Scalia's view is if the combatant is an American citizen you either have to charge him with treason or give him the same rights any other citizen would charged with any other crime.

Thomas dissent in the Kelo case (eminent domain) was great.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/04-108.ZD1.html

And both have given decisions on other cases that sucked. But they don't suck any worse than anybody else on the court.

jmdrake
07-12-2010, 06:24 AM

There is a case (if it hasn't been rejected already) that would give him the opportunity to do just that.

http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2009/02/07-7

Of course he would be under stiff pressure to recuse himself.

Pericles
07-12-2010, 08:48 AM
This shows why there is still hope of restoring the Constitution.

When the Mandarin class can insulate themselves and their relatives from reality, then the situation is hopeless. When the relatives still have to deal with the reality the ruling class has created, the rulers occasionally have to live with the consequences.

TNforPaul45
07-12-2010, 09:15 AM
Since the elite believe that the laws and normal procedures that are applied to the sheep don't apply to them, he will go down, fetch his nephew, and nothing will come of this, nothing beneficial to us anyway.