PDA

View Full Version : The Case for Ron Paul in 2012

freshjiva
07-10-2010, 12:04 AM
A bullet-pointed list of reasons why I believe Ron Paul has a legitimate shot at winning the Republican nomination for President in 2012:

1) Rand Paul winning Kentucky senate race -- this senatorial race is by far the most critical to a Ron Paul run in 2012. Rand winning means that the libertarian/Constitutionalist position has been taken mainstream. It also shows Republicans that the Paul family is becoming an major influence in Republican politics.

2) Ron Paul has been on mainstream media networks possibly hundreds of times since the conclusion of the 2008 campaign, and is a known personality by MSNBC, Fox News, and CNN reporters with regular appearances.

3) Liberty education continues -- Ron Paul supporters have grown significantly since 2008 (for example, see Ron's facebook support numbers go from less than 150,000 in 2008 to 220,000 in 2010)

4) Tea Party movement: Ron Paul is the father of this limited government movement, which did not exist during the 2008 Presidential campaign, but is clearly showing how powerful it is with the 2010 Congressional elections

5) BJ Lawson, Justin Amash, Peter Schiff, RJ Harris, Jake Towne, and John Dennis -- the more Liberty-minded candidates we have that win, the better!

6) Economy suffering from a currency crisis, just as Ron predicted.

7) Wars dragging on, just as Ron warned of.

I can't stress more, however, about the importance of Rand winning in Kentucky. I know he still has the sounds of a neoconservative, but Rand holds the key to opening up liberty ideas in a much more palatable style for mainstream Republicans to embrace.

Kregisen
07-10-2010, 12:37 AM
Let's not forget the power of Freedom Watch!!!

Let's keep getting those ratings up!! If Freedom Watch makes it onto Fox News, that will help Ron just as much as Rand winning the senate seat. 2 million people watch Glenn Beck everyday, Freedom Watch could easily gather over a million.

But yes, all 7 reasons you mentioned will greatly help.

#3 is our responsibility. If we all get our friends and families involved, we can make a huge change. I've converted several friends already.

Another thing to do is get a Ron Paul 2012 bumper sticker RIGHT NOW. There will be literally thousands upon thousands of people who will see 1 sticker in the next 2 years. 1 sticker could easily change 50 votes in that time, you never know. They're like $2 on ebay.