PDA

View Full Version : Fox News debate

JAHOGS
10-14-2007, 11:04 PM
Don't know if I heard this right. The other day I was listening to a guy in Jacksonville, Fl on the radio talk about Ron Paul and his huge support. He also mentioned something about the debate in Florida coming up. He said that only Romney, Guiliani, McCain and Thompson had been invited. Is this true or was he maybe talking about another debate. He said that they were the only ones invited so far because they were the only ones that meet there requirments and/or paid the $100,000 needed to participate in this debate. Is this true?

0zzy
10-14-2007, 11:06 PM
Don't know if I heard this right. The other day I was listening to a guy in Jacksonville, Fl on the radio talk about Ron Paul and his huge support. He also mentioned something about the debate in Florida coming up. He said that only Romney, Guiliani, McCain and Thompson had been invited. Is this true or was he maybe talking about another debate. He said that they were the only ones invited so far because they were the only ones that meet there requirments and/or paid the $100,000 needed to participate in this debate. Is this true?

Ahum...no. Ron Paul made the requirements, I saw it on a site...somewhere.

100K to attend though? That'd be messed up. If he has to pay to attend, then he deserves just as much airtime as anyone else.

steph3n
10-14-2007, 11:08 PM
JAHOGS,

This is speaking about a forum with only a few speakers, not a debate. No worries :)

RonPaulFever
10-14-2007, 11:09 PM
100K? How can Brownback et al afford to be in every debate?

JAHOGS
10-14-2007, 11:10 PM
JAHOGS,

This is speaking about a forum with only a few speakers, not a debate. No worries :)

Okay thanks. I was just curious about this. So I imagine that forum will get a lot of mentioning on the MSM after it is over. LOL

0zzy
10-14-2007, 11:13 PM
No, there IS a debate going on. It's going to be on Fox News. And you do need certain requirements. But I dont think one of them is a 100K check.

JAHOGS
10-14-2007, 11:15 PM
No, there IS a debate going on. It's going to be on Fox News. And you do need certain requirements. But I dont think one of them is a 100K check.

I know this, but what I had heard was about a forum in Florida. I was curious if this guy was talking about the debate or not. He was not, he was talking about the forum.

steph3n
10-14-2007, 11:15 PM
The person here is confusing a debate with a forum however.

the fox news debate is here(florida) on the 21st of Oct in Orlando it had some requirements but I think all candidates except possibly Alan Keyes and Duncan hunter met them, and maybe even they met them.