PDA

View Full Version : Another BIG Endorsement for Amash!

brenden.b
07-09-2010, 12:31 PM
Check it out:

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2010/07/amway_co-founder_richard_devos.html

MRoCkEd
07-09-2010, 12:35 PM
nice!

Dark Aerow
07-09-2010, 12:46 PM
Good to hear. I worked for Quixtar (now Amway global) in their call center, great company to work for. I remember back in 2006 when Dick Devos was running for governor, everyone at Amway (or nearly everyone) supported him...Amway is located in the 3rd district so if 2006 was any indication I suspect that a huge number of Amway employees will be voting for Amash.

libertybrewcity
07-09-2010, 03:30 PM
sounds like a great endorsement

Michigan11
07-09-2010, 06:25 PM
This endorsement is HUGE in this state. Something for others to relate to in another state? anyone? hmmm.. thinking

biles1234
07-09-2010, 09:44 PM
DeVos is the wealthiest man in Michigan and one of the wealthiest in the county. Alticor (Amway) is one the largest privately held companies in the world.

DeVos owns the Orlando Magic.

He has a convention center, state-of-the-art performing arts center, children's hospital and dozens of other institutions in Grand Rapids named after him and his family. They've donated millions and millions to charities around the state.

brenden.b
07-09-2010, 09:52 PM
DeVos is the wealthiest man in Michigan and one of the wealthiest in the county. Alticor (Amway) is one the largest privately held companies in the world.

He has a convention center, state-of-the-art performing arts center, children's hospital and dozens of other institutions in Grand Rapids named after him and his family. They've donated millions and millions to charities around the state.

In other words, this endorsement is a game changer.

angelatc
07-09-2010, 10:30 PM

Speculation is that he is the biggest contributer to the GOP.

Didn't DeVos endorse Amash the day after Amash announced though?

ETA - That's one of the first things that captured my attention - http://blog.mlive.com/talkingpolitics/2010/02/spokesman_dick_and_betsy_devos.html

I guess they like him so much they endorsed him again.

Michigan11
07-09-2010, 11:31 PM
Speculation is that he is the biggest contributer to the GOP.

Didn't DeVos endorse Amash the day after Amash announced though?

ETA - That's one of the first things that captured my attention - http://blog.mlive.com/talkingpolitics/2010/02/spokesman_dick_and_betsy_devos.html

I guess they like him so much they endorsed him again.

:D That's what I thought at first too, but this is Richard DeVos(Billionaire/co-founder), not Dick DeVos(ex-candidate for governor)...