PDA

View Full Version : F**K Lebron James

Reason
07-09-2010, 12:15 PM
YouTube - Lebron James -- Who Freaking Cares?!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCFsBiLvTwY)

The Patriot
07-09-2010, 12:21 PM
Yea, f**k him, Lakers will three-peat.

BuddyRey
07-09-2010, 12:22 PM
This guy's so right-on! No human being should be deified to the extent that professional athletes are in this country, but it would at least be understandable if some of that adoration went to teachers, artists, scientists, and doctors sometimes.

newbitech
07-09-2010, 12:24 PM
lol send this guy this link and watch his head explode.

Dailymotion - Cleveland City - We Are Lebron [Stay Lebron Official Song] - une vidéo Sports et Extrême (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdccct_cleveland-city-we-are-lebron-stay-l_sport)

WorldonaString
07-09-2010, 12:35 PM
I don't mind him doing what he feels he needs to do...but his way of going about leaving really stank. He came off has a total tool...an hour long tv special...telling his hometown on national tv...thats like breaking up with your gf on facebook...X1000....not to mention him referring to himself in the 3rd person multiple times and that awful choice of a shirt!

Plus he's gotta realize no matter what...leaving the team you promised to bring a title to does affect one's legacy. Just the way it is. He's now officially Pippen to Wade's Jordan. And thats being wayyyy too nice. Wades no Jordan and I'm not convinced bronbron is Pippen either.

JK/SEA
07-09-2010, 12:41 PM
LEBRON WHO?...

As a Seattle Sonics fan...i really don't give a flying fuck about any of this BS...

someperson
07-09-2010, 12:45 PM
From ~0:25 ;)

YouTube - Hastily Made Cleveland Tourism Video: 2nd Attempt (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM)

Original_Intent
07-09-2010, 12:47 PM
lol send this guy this link and watch his head explode.

dailymotion - cleveland city - we are lebron [stay lebron official song] - une vidéo sports et extrême (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdccct_cleveland-city-we-are-lebron-stay-l_sport)

lol! :d

ctiger2
07-09-2010, 12:49 PM
James is so dumb he actually chooses to relocate to a state where the air will be toxic to breathe and the beaches will be covered with oil. Have fun!

Elwar
07-09-2010, 12:52 PM
How dare the free market reward someone for what people enjoy paying for...

We need to pass a law to make those people pay for other things that we think are more important than basketball!!!

Anti Federalist
07-09-2010, 01:10 PM
I had to get up early today so I set the alarm.

I wake up to the morning flap on some clear channel pos station, and the two morning knuckleheads are literally in a apoplectic spasm over Lebron James.

WTF?

This is why I hate professional sports.

Maybe if these guys and all the others, would get as upset over what's happening to their country, maybe we could turn this mess around.

Who gives a fuck what some ball player is doing or not doing?

What does that effect in the real world?

PreDeadMan
07-09-2010, 01:10 PM
there's a free market that exists?

RCA
07-09-2010, 01:16 PM
I had to get up early today so I set the alarm.

I wake up to the morning flap on some clear channel pos station, and the two morning knuckleheads are literally in a apoplectic spasm over Lebron James.

WTF?

This is why I hate professional sports.

Maybe if these guys and all the others, would get as upset over what's happening to their country, maybe we could turn this mess around.

Who gives a fuck what some ball player is doing or not doing?

What does that effect in the real world?

I agree people need to prioritize, but we're not going to make many friends by preaching about free markets and then rail against free market products. I'm not taking into account statist media manipulations.

MelissaWV
07-09-2010, 01:18 PM
YouTube - Lebron James -- Who Freaking Cares?!!!

Obviously the guy in the video cares, or else he wouldn't have taken time out of his day to make a video and post it.

If you don't care, don't participate/watch. I don't like basketball. I'm aware of who Lebron James is, but have never seen him play, and am highly unlikely to ever do so. I can live with that.

RCA
07-09-2010, 01:21 PM
Obviously the guy in the video cares, or else he wouldn't have taken time out of his day to make a video and post it.

If you don't care, don't participate/watch. I don't like basketball. I'm aware of who Lebron James is, but have never seen him play, and am highly unlikely to ever do so. I can live with that.

You care TOO!

YouTube - Recording my Infinite T.V. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9yeO8GVWVE)

MelissaWV
07-09-2010, 01:24 PM
You care TOO!

I didn't say I didn't care at all :p I approach it, though, from the standpoint of seeing these forums take such a lofty, snobby stance on professional sports. There are usually "bread and circuses" comments and general snide remarks about how stupid people are for watching, and a whole lot of ridiculous posts by the time it's all said and done. I prefer American football, actually, to any other sport (and I prefer college to professional), but most of us can multitask and care about soccer, football, basketball, golf, hockey, baseball, or whatever else... AND still help liberty.

If you don't want to, don't.

This seems like a rather fundamental thing you'd think people who frequent the forums would realize.

RCA
07-09-2010, 01:31 PM
I didn't say I didn't care at all :p I approach it, though, from the standpoint of seeing these forums take such a lofty, snobby stance on professional sports. There are usually "bread and circuses" comments and general snide remarks about how stupid people are for watching, and a whole lot of ridiculous posts by the time it's all said and done. I prefer American football, actually, to any other sport (and I prefer college to professional), but most of us can multitask and care about soccer, football, basketball, golf, hockey, baseball, or whatever else... AND still help liberty.

This seems like a rather fundamental thing you'd think people who frequent the forums would realize.

The irony is the same ones complaining about the Sheeple watching sports also go to movies, take vacations, buy pizza, hats, comic books, dogs, cats, etc. Somehow all those "luxuries" are liberty friendly.

Anti Federalist
07-09-2010, 01:35 PM

It's not a "snob" approach, I'm as blue collar as they come, and have no use for quiche and brie.

It's about goofing around with silly boyhood shit, instead of manning up and taking stock of the situation, which is grave. And many cannot multitask about it, I've run across hundreds of people that were absolute geniuses when it came to the in and outs of sport minutia, and complete dunces about anything that really mattered.

It's entertainment, that's all, (and I'm convinced as rigged as pro wrestling) and an unhealthy obsession with entertainment and fiction is the mark of a unhealthy disconnect with the real world.

Soca Taliban
07-09-2010, 01:43 PM
Too each his/her own. So Labron decided to switch places of employment and since his skill set is in high demand, he can command a high price and TV airtime. I see no problem, not to mention he donated the commercial money to charity and didn't use force to redistribute. win win for all I say.....only problem I have with him is that he didn't come to the Knicks. :(

RCA
07-09-2010, 01:47 PM
Too each his/her own. So Labron decided to switch places of employment and since his skill set is in high demand, he can command a high price and TV airtime. I see no problem, not to mention he donated the commercial money to charity and didn't use force to redistribute. win win for all I say.....only problem I have with him is that he didn't come to the Knicks. :(

I think he just wanted to keep the same color uniforms without living in Cleveland.

:rolleyes:

fisharmor
07-09-2010, 01:47 PM
The irony is the same ones complaining about the Sheeple watching sports also go to movies, take vacations, buy pizza, hats, comic books, dogs, cats, etc. Somehow all those "luxuries" are liberty friendly.

I don't do any of those things. Maybe I buy the occasional hat. When my head is cold.

But I also don't generally complain about the sheeple and their sports.
Though when I find out that one is an avid sports fan, I immediately shove him in the "defective moral compass" drawer, and get real comfortable with the fact that we're never going to be close.

Slutter McGee
07-09-2010, 01:51 PM
It's entertainment, that's all, (and I'm convinced as rigged as pro wrestling) and an unhealthy obsession with entertainment and fiction is the mark of a unhealthy disconnect with the real world.

haha. yeah you would think its rigged. Disconnect with the real world can be a good thing every now and then. Mindless entertainment. Rooting on your team. Besides, the majority of fans do not have unhealthy obsession. I watch two or three Rangers games a week. Ten Texas Tech football games a year. I few NFL games when I am bored, and the NBA playoffs up until the Spurs get eliminated. It doesn't take away much from my time, and honestly, I think it is about as productive as bitching of these forums.

It is the same reason I read fiction. Sure, I read plently of non-fiction that has real world applications, and I read the classics that have intellectual value, but I also read the trashy pop-fiction and cheesy thrillers, because it is ok to escape a while.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

RCA
07-09-2010, 01:53 PM
I don't do any of those things. Maybe I buy the occasional hat. When my head is cold.

Though when I find out that one is an avid sports fan, I immediately shove him in the "defective moral compass" drawer, and get real comfortable with the fact that we're never going to be close.

You must enjoy SOME free market luxuries no? Free markets increase standards of living. Is an iPhone a luxury, or is it raising the standard of living? In my opinion, for those that can afford it, it raises their standard of living. At current prices, I can't justify buying one for relatively small gains. Yes, I know most people over-leverage themselves, but I'm trying to make a philosophical point.

paulpwns
I am huge into the liberty movement and I love sports with a passion!

Hockey and Football is so much fun, you guys are missing out.

You can't be from Pittsburgh, PA and not like sports.

Slutter McGee

Being a fan of sports is not indication of intelligence, morality, or the ability to reason.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Son of Detroit
07-09-2010, 01:54 PM
I'm probably one of the biggest sports fans on here... I play baseball/football for my high school and basketball in a rec league. My homepage on my computer is ESPN, my TV is almost always on a sports channel. I watch every Detroit Lions game, and watch the Red Wings/Pistons/Tigers whenever I can. If no Detroit teams are playing, I'll watch whatever is on national TV. My room is decked out in sports memorabilia, posters, etc.

I admit it, I'm a sports addict. It pisses me off to see sports constantly bashed and scoffed at on here. People acting like they are so high and mighty because they "don't participate in watching mindless entertainment with the sheeple".

Everyone needs a vice. If you spent your life worrying about politics and didn't kick back and entertain yourself once in a while, you'd go nuts.

You can be an advocate for freedom and still watch sports on a regular basis. It's not one or the other.

RCA
07-09-2010, 01:59 PM
I'm probably one of the biggest sports fans on here... I play baseball/football for my high school and basketball in a rec league. My homepage on my computer is ESPN, my TV is almost always on a sports channel. I watch every Detroit Lions game, and watch the Red Wings/Pistons/Tigers whenever I can. If no Detroit teams are playing, I'll watch whatever is on national TV. My room is decked out in sports memorabilia, posters, etc.

I admit it, I'm a sports addict. It pisses me off to see sports constantly bashed and scoffed at on here. People acting like they are so high and mighty because they "don't participate in watching mindless entertainment with the sheeple".

Everyone needs a vice. If you spent your life worrying about politics and didn't kick back and entertain yourself once in a while, you'd go nuts.

You can be an advocate for freedom and still watch sports on a regular basis. It's not one or the other.

Exactly. It's not a zero-sum game. It's funny how many of us jump for joy when an influential pro wrestler or movie star comes out of the liberty closet, but bash the fans of said people who have given them their influence. If Lebron endorsed Ron Paul in 2012, we'd all love him.

NewFederalist
07-09-2010, 02:00 PM
It is just such a shame he is not old enough to replace Biden on the ticket in 2012. What a wonderful succession he would be to Emperor Obama. It would be much like having God come to Earth to save us. *SIGH* WHAT a pity.

fisharmor
07-09-2010, 02:05 PM
Being a fan of sports is not indication of intelligence, morality, or the ability to reason.

I didn't make any of those claims.
I also don't have an iPhone.
(I would need a cellphone first.)

MelissaWV
07-09-2010, 02:05 PM

Read that sentence, then take another look around the forums....

Scary, scary stuff, seriously, and the leaping on a thread just to go "this guy is so irrelevant!" still strikes me as snobbish, especially when comments are made that sports fans are stupid or have a busted moral compass. Give me a break. Yep, this is how you win hearts and minds! ... by telling everyone they're morons.

RCA
07-09-2010, 02:07 PM
Read that sentence, then take another look around the forums....

Scary, scary stuff, seriously, and the leaping on a thread just to go "this guy is so irrelevant!" still strikes me as snobbish, especially when comments are made that sports fans are stupid or have a busted moral compass. Give me a break. Yep, this is how you win hearts and minds! ... by telling everyone they're morons.

Sports promote exercise. Exercise is gooooooood.

:)

fisharmor
07-09-2010, 02:13 PM
Sports promote exercise. Exercise is gooooooood.

:)

Watching sports promotes exercise?

RCA
07-09-2010, 02:15 PM

I said promotes...not causes.

"Be Like Mike" promotes playing basketball.

MelissaWV
07-09-2010, 02:16 PM

Yeah I'm not sure I got that one, either. I like football, but it'd be really obnoxious to try to organize a group to play with, especially since we'd need a lot of people to accurately play the game (none of this touch/flag stuff). I prefer to jog instead, but I don't watch professional jogging ;)

Ekrub
07-09-2010, 02:28 PM
Lebron leaving Cleveland negatively effects Ohio's economy, and will boost Miami's. In some extremely obscure way, I'm sure it will effect you. Even if you don't realize it.

I just don't understand the sports bashing here. If you don't take a time out and relax and enjoy yourself you are going to miss out on the few liberties we have in this country. Discussion on why people aren't paying more attention to politics is fine. I completely agree that more people need to be involved and educated. However this unhealthy obsession with expecting everybody to be completely tied down to the liberty movement (and the liberty movement alone) is only going to chase people away. Yelling "sheeple" at anyone who might have an interest other than politics is divisive to our cause.

Zippyjuan
07-09-2010, 03:38 PM
I think it is just a more general "elite" bashing. Lebron is free to play for whomever he want to as long as they can reach an agreement on for how much. If Ron Paul was to move from Texas to say Ohio and be their representative, Texans may get excited about that too. But if he wanted to move, he would be free to do so. Players or people may feel a loyalty to a city or state but they are not required to have any such loyalty. These days it is rare for a player to spend his entire career in one city- in any sport. You don't want to see a popular or talented player go but it happens and is part of the game.

HRD53
07-09-2010, 03:51 PM
It's not a "snob" approach, I'm as blue collar as they come, and have no use for quiche and brie.

It's about goofing around with silly boyhood shit, instead of manning up and taking stock of the situation, which is grave. And many cannot multitask about it, I've run across hundreds of people that were absolute geniuses when it came to the in and outs of sport minutia, and complete dunces about anything that really mattered.

I'd daresay there are plenty of people on these forums who aren't sports fans and have an unhealthy disconnect from the real world...

HRD53
07-09-2010, 03:53 PM
Lebron leaving Cleveland negatively effects Ohio's economy, and will boost Miami's. In some extremely obscure way, I'm sure it will effect you. Even if you don't realize it.

I just don't understand the sports bashing here. If you don't take a time out and relax and enjoy yourself you are going to miss out on the few liberties we have in this country. Discussion on why people aren't paying more attention to politics is fine. I completely agree that more people need to be involved and educated. However this unhealthy obsession with expecting everybody to be completely tied down to the liberty movement (and the liberty movement alone) is only going to chase people away. Yelling "sheeple" at anyone who might have an interest other than politics is divisive to our cause.

This is a really good point. As someone who lives in Cleveland, I can tell you the local area businesses around Quicken Loans Arena are going to feel the hit now that he's gone. I was only a casual fan, never saw the guy play, but the way he handled the situation was low class... If i had Lebron gear, i'd burn it :)

Kregisen
07-09-2010, 04:06 PM
As a suns fan this makes me happy. Now the NBA won't be so boring and the lakers won't win anymore.

If you're from cleveland though I imagine you're pretty pissed.....well don't worry, Amare left us.

specsaregood
07-09-2010, 04:15 PM

The author of this book: http://www.thefixisin.net/
was on coast to coast last month, it was fairly interesting and somewhat convincing.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2010/06/12

Ian Punnett welcomed sports conspiracy expert, Brian Tuohy, who argued that the outcomes of professional sports games are decided in advance in order to increase market share and maintain popularity with the fan base. Whenever leagues need a game or series to go their way, it usually does, Tuohy said. As an example, he referred to Super Bowl III (1969), in which the NFL's heavily favored Baltimore Colts were defeated by the underdog New York Jets of the AFL. Tuohy believes the game was rigged to establish the AFL's credibility. There is proof that at least 70 NFL games have been fixed, he added.

As another piece of evidence, Tuohy pointed to the baseball season immediately following the 1994–95 MLB strike. At a time when they needed to reignite the public's interest in baseball, players suddenly began hitting homeruns at a record-breaking pace, he said. Tuohy further observed that Game 7 of the World Series has occurred more often than it should have. In the 40 years from 1949 to 1989, statistically half of the World Series have gone the full distance, he said.

In basketball, Tuohy spoke about disgraced NBA referee Tim Donaghy, who allegedly bet on games that he officiated. Tuohy admitted it is hard to prove if Donaghy actually fixed any games, but his legal troubles did apparently reveal that Game 6 of the 2002 Western Conference Finals between the Los Angeles Lakers and Sacramento Kings had been rigged by two referees. "There is no law that prevents the NBA from fixing their own games," he added.

The enormously popular world of NASCAR racing has its own legend about how races are fixed, Tuohy continued. According to the legend, known as 'The Call,' racers receive notification that they have been chosen to win a particular race. Tuohy suggested that Dale Earnhardt, Jr.'s victory at the 2001 Pepsi 400 may have been the result of such a call. Several drivers even admitted they did not want to pass Earnhardt, as his father had been killed at the same track only few months earlier, Tuohy said.

Tuohy also discussed the suspicious winning streak of NHL teams who relocate to the southern United States, stadium deals, and the relationship between politics and sports, as well as commented on the recent missed goal during the World Cup soccer match between England and America.

BlackTerrel
07-10-2010, 01:05 AM

Haha you beat me to it. Who the fuck is the guy in the video - dude needs to change the channel and calm down.

Guess what - there are alternatives. My grandma has a TV and a computer/internet that we got for her and I guarantee you she doesn't know who LeBron James is. Dude needs to watch what she watches if he doesn't care.

I was glued to my TV - because I enjoy sports. That doesn't mean I don't care about other things. But it's one thing in my life that I enjoy - my right, it's called live and let live.

As for LeBron - huge asshole move on his part. If he was going to leave Cleveland he should have called the team and told them, then released a statement like a normal human being.

Marenco
07-10-2010, 02:14 AM
Don't agree with everything alex jones says, but he is right on target here.

YouTube - As United States Collapses, Media Worships LeBron James (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B_xBWsDpz0&playnext_from=TL&videos=RtLK-e4RBv8)

libertarian4321
07-10-2010, 04:10 AM

We need to pass a law to make those people pay for other things that we think are more important than basketball!!!

I assure you, the NBA cap rules make it anything but a "free market."

Second, LeBron took LESS money to go to Miami.

He went to Miami because he knew he wasn't good enough to win without being able to ride the coat tails of another superstar (in this case, Wade).

LeBron has a lot of talent, but isn't strong mentally. He tends to fade badly at the first sign of adversity. He's a "second fiddle" player who needs someone else to take the load.

So now LeBron will have Wade and Bosh do the heavy lifting, and he'll score some points and ride their coat tails to that NBA title he just wasn't strong enough to win...

PreDeadMan
07-10-2010, 11:30 AM
Half of America could blow up and people would be like... what team did Lebron James go to?

misterx
07-10-2010, 12:16 PM

Only a sick society idolizes a basketball player and makes it possible for him to make that much money playing a game. That doesn't mean laws or anything should be passed to fix it. I just think society should be a little more evolved in the 21st century.

MelissaWV
07-10-2010, 12:22 PM
Only a sick society idolizes a basketball player and makes it possible for him to make that much money playing a game. That doesn't mean laws or anything should be passed to fix it. I just think society should be a little more evolved in the 21st century.

If, for the sake of round numbers, someone is a participant in a sport that is played in an arena that seats 100,000 people, and sells seats at $50 each, not to mention concessions at $25 each, and let's average jerseys and merchandise to $25 each as well (many will spend far more; some won't buy at all at a given game), and the season is 75 games long... that arena has made (raw numbers) $750,000,000. This is a hypothetical sport, but adjust those numbers to the various realities and see why it becomes important to sell out games.

On top of that, there is money for putting the games on television. There is money in merchandising that's sold outside of the games themselves.

Each person pays in very little, but there are many people paying in a lot, and that amounts to massive salaries for sports that justify them.

TexanRudeBoy
07-10-2010, 12:56 PM
I assure you, the NBA cap rules make it anything but a "free market."

Second, LeBron took LESS money to go to Miami.

He went to Miami because he knew he wasn't good enough to win without being able to ride the coat tails of another superstar (in this case, Wade).

LeBron has a lot of talent, but isn't strong mentally. He tends to fade badly at the first sign of adversity. He's a "second fiddle" player who needs someone else to take the load.

So now LeBron will have Wade and Bosh do the heavy lifting, and he'll score some points and ride their coat tails to that NBA title he just wasn't strong enough to win...

If conditions are agreed upon by all participants no restrictions nullify it being a "free market". Having the freedom to agree on restraints and rules is essential to any free market.

awake
07-10-2010, 03:04 PM
Bread and circuses folks, bread and freak'n circuses.

libertybrewcity
07-10-2010, 03:15 PM
Bread and circuses folks, bread and freak'n circuses.

this.

MelissaWV
07-10-2010, 03:18 PM
The internet's the biggest circus around, yet that doesn't stop people on this site from getting on it....

I have no idea why this gets under everyone's skin. You're not being forced to pay for it (except in a roundabout way in which you could be said to be paying for everything in one way or another), you're not being forced to watch it, you're not forced to like it, and those that do are perfectly capable of helping liberty candidates and listening to/watching games at the same time.