PDA

View Full Version : Obama slams Sharron Angle in Nevada, crowd calls her a ‘lunatic’

bobbyw24
07-09-2010, 06:35 AM
If Rand Paul and Joe Barton have been punching bags for Democrats of late, Sharron Angle on Thursday became a pinata.

The Republican candidate for Senate in Nevada — a prior unknown and outsider who is going up against Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid — was pinged all day Thursday by Democratic operatives for calling the $20 billion escrow account for victims of oil spill in the the Gulf of Mexico a “slush fund.”

Angle’s campaign walked her comment back, calling her characterization “incorrect.”

But then Thursday evening, President Obama himself pounced on Angle, during remarks to a boisterous fundraising rally in Las Vegas for Reid. Obama mocked the Republican to an unusual degree for a president.

Obama mocked Angle for having views that are “even more extreme than the Republicans we got in Washington.”

“That’s saying something,” Obama said to repeated laughter. “That is saying something. I mean, she wants to phase out and privatize Social Security and Medicare.”

Audience members booed and shouted in response. One person said, “Phase her out.” Another said, “She’s a lunatic.” A third yelled, “Idiot!”

Obama referenced Barton, the Texas Republican who apologized to a BP executive at a recent hearing, giving Democrats an opening to paint the GOP as on the side of big oil companies rather than than on the side of those who have been hurt by the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2010/07/09/obama-slams-sharron-angle-in-nevada-crowd-calls-her-a-lunatic/#ixzz0tBjMAwT6

Austrian Econ Disciple
07-09-2010, 07:18 AM
Ah yes. The Welfare State doesn't create divisions!

catdd
07-09-2010, 07:47 AM
Obama is a left-wing liberal looney tune his damn self and if I were her, I'd fire right back with both barrels.
Who is escalating a no-win ground war in an area that hasn't been defeated in a thousand years, killing scores of defenseless women and children along the way?

Krugerrand
07-09-2010, 07:57 AM
Cademan ... here's another cartoon topic for you. Obama and clan laughing at others for suggesting our bankrupt welfare/medicare plans don't work.

ChaosControl
07-09-2010, 08:00 AM
Talk about irony.

catdd
07-09-2010, 08:46 AM
Talk about irony.

yeah

RileyE104
07-09-2010, 08:57 AM
Wow, of all the things to criticize for... Wanting to phase out and privatize Social Security and Medicare? That's probably one of the most SANE ideas that I've ever heard. I know Peter Schiff is for that and I hope Rand Paul speaks out on it when he gets in the Senate.

ravedown
07-09-2010, 09:32 AM
I've heard the "lunatic" comments here from a couple people (dems) I know and they base is on her ties to Scientology and Medicare/Social Security faze out position...it takes a while to explain what she means by fazing out-not eliminating overnight, I'm beginning to feel like I am working for her campaign as much as I've had to explain this. People really aren't ready for ideas like this, it's like you're a radical for even defending it.

madengr
07-09-2010, 11:09 AM
“That’s saying something,” Obama said to repeated laughter. “That is saying something. I mean, she wants to phase out and privatize Social Security and Medicare.”

I guess that makes me a blithering moron too. Of course "privatize" in government speak usually means a government enforced monopoly. Just do away with both lock, stock ,and barrel.

stu2002
07-09-2010, 11:14 AM
So is Angle the kinda politician we should support?

The Patriot
07-09-2010, 11:20 AM
I would say these people are moronic. And this survey just further proves the point that the average "liberal" is a total retard on economics.
http://townhall.com/blog/g/717b5c73-c119-49d8-9a3f-973c62482bc2

Not only in the long run would privatizing social security significantly reduce the national debt, Americans would be getting larger returns. Because, as of right now, social security recipients are putting in more than they take out, and for the first time in history, benefits are being cut. If we were to put social security participants money into say a vanguard target fund, and they didn't touch their money, they would have made back all the money they lost in the 2008 crash and then some.
http://www.cato.org/pubs/ssps/ssp7.html
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/08/23/social-security-payments-shrink-time-generation/
https://personal.vanguard.com/us/funds/snapshot?FundId=0682&FundIntExt=INT

HOLLYWOOD
07-09-2010, 11:21 AM
Psych OPS... Dems are extremely threatened for NOV elections. Desperation calls for ruthless premeditated operations in politics.

The concern I have is with Sharron Angle winning the primary, has only raised $1.5 million in campaign donations.

The GOP has to be proactive and not reactive.

Angle better get on board to push all the Freedom and Liberties agenda hard as well as; freedom of choice in anything(HC, SS, retirement,etc) low taxes, no taxes on services tips to start, and a badly needed marketing media biltz.

Where's the RNSC, RNC, and GOP money and support? Barely anything, which has me questioning the Aristocracy/Imperial Empire of snakes and their true inner circle of incumbent cronyism.

If Rand Paul and Joe Barton have been punching bags for Democrats of late, Sharron Angle on Thursday became a pinata.

The Republican candidate for Senate in Nevada — a prior unknown and outsider who is going up against Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid — was pinged all day Thursday by Democratic operatives for calling the $20 billion escrow account for victims of oil spill in the the Gulf of Mexico a “slush fund.”

Angle’s campaign walked her comment back, calling her characterization “incorrect.”

But then Thursday evening, President Obama himself pounced on Angle, during remarks to a boisterous fundraising rally in Las Vegas for Reid. Obama mocked the Republican to an unusual degree for a president.

Obama mocked Angle for having views that are “even more extreme than the Republicans we got in Washington.”

Audience members booed and shouted in response. One person said, “Phase her out.” Another said, “She’s a lunatic.” A third yelled, “Idiot!”

Obama referenced Barton, the Texas Republican who apologized to a BP executive at a recent hearing, giving Democrats an opening to paint the GOP as on the side of big oil companies rather than than on the side of those who have been hurt by the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.

Read more: [/URL][URL]http://dailycaller.com/2010/07/09/obama-slams-sharron-angle-in-nevada-crowd-calls-her-a-lunatic/#ixzz0tBjMAwT6 (http://dailycaller.com/2010/07/09/obama-slams-sharron-angle-in-nevada-crowd-calls-her-a-lunatic/#ixzz0tBjMAwT6)

NYgs23
07-09-2010, 02:22 PM
Wait, I thought the progressive Democrats were against all the anger and partisanship?

silentshout
07-09-2010, 02:36 PM
Well, i don't think she is loony but the fact that she wouldnt mind bringing back alcohol prohibition isn't my favorite thing...

GunnyFreedom
07-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Obama is a left-wing liberal looney tune his damn self and if I were her, I'd fire right back with both barrels.
Who is escalating a no-win ground war in an area that hasn't been defeated in a thousand years, killing scores of defenseless women and children along the way?

"And to President Obama, I say thank you for the class and dignity with which you approach my race for Congress. Indeed sir you are right, I am more radical than the Republicans already in Washington -- because I know that both of you have taken us down the same course of eternal taxation and perpetual war. I am come to change the way Government has done business for 100 years, to restore this nation to her people, and aye, this is more radical than you and the whole of Congress combined."

PS -- I don't know Angle at all, so I was just forming by example my response to such a thing. LOL kinda makes me wish Obama would say something about me :D

paulpwns
07-09-2010, 02:57 PM
I don't trust Sharon on foreign policy yet, but she does support audit the fed. check the quote from her website on " defense"

"National Security and Public Protection

Sharron Angle is a staunch supporter of the U.S. military, and will work tirelessly to secure the peace and security of our country.

She supports strong sanctions against rogue nations that export, support or harbor terrorism and believes that we must do whatever necessary to protect America from terrorism."

Whatever is necessary? I don't support sanctions. Not sure I like that.

Some of her good issues

Repeal and replace Obamacare
Elimination of coverage mandates
Expanded client pools
Tort reform
Allow citizens to purchase insurance across state lines
Create tax credited health savings accounts

In the Nevada State Legislature, Sharron Angle was consistently the only vote against unnecessary tax increases and voted against more than 100 attempts to increase taxes and fees.

Education

As a teacher and grandmother of ten, there is no one more committed to education than Sharron Angle.

Sharron believes education decisions are best made at the state and local level by parents and teachers who are invested in the lives of the children whom they have been tasked with teaching. Sharron supports putting that money as close to the state and local level as possible.

I like her, but I don't trust here bottomline.

Austrian Econ Disciple
07-09-2010, 02:59 PM
"And to President Obama, I say thank you for the class and dignity with which you approach my race for Congress. Indeed sir you are right, I am more radical than the Republicans already in Washington -- because I know that both of you have taken us down the same course of eternal taxation and perpetual war. I am come to change the way Government has done business for 100 years, to restore this nation to her people, and aye, this is more radical than you and the whole of Congress combined."

PS -- I don't know Angle at all, so I was just forming by example my response to such a thing. LOL kinda makes me wish Obama would say something about me :D

Gunny you know you are a moderate to most on this forum :D

specsaregood
07-09-2010, 03:26 PM
I don't trust Sharon on foreign policy yet, but she does support audit the fed. check the quote from her website on " defense"

I like her, but I don't trust here bottomline.
As a scientologist I would think you could expect her to be against any forced medications esp. psychological crap.