PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Osama Bin Laden, You Helped Bankrupt America, Mission Accomplished!

michaelwise
07-09-2010, 12:30 AM
How Osama Bin Laden Plans to Bankrupt the U.S. Through War
YouTube - How Osama bin Laden plans to bankrupt the U.S. through war (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRK-b6EPRFs)

I believe the solution to the threat of being killed by terrorists and spending hundreds of billions on wars chasing the boogeyman is the Life Insurance industry.

Immediately stop the wars and take the money the government saves and buy a $5 million life insurance policy for every American Citizen. The policy will only be paid out if you are actually killed by a real Islamic terrorist. It would only cost the government about $5 dollars per person.
330,000,000 X $5 = $1.65 billion. That's a lot cheaper than the money we are spending on the wars.

BetaMale
07-09-2010, 12:34 AM
defense is only a fraction of our budget, something like 23%. Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security are what's primarily bankrupting America.

Though I agree, we waste way too much money of pointless wars.

michaelwise
07-09-2010, 12:35 AM
defense is only a fraction of our budget, something like 23%. Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security are what's primarily bankrupting America.

Though I agree, we waste way too much money of pointless wars.Factor out SS as it should be. What is the defense percentage then?

BetaMale
07-09-2010, 12:41 AM
Why should we factor out SS? Its a horribly designed government ponzi scheme with trillions of liabilities that are actually owed.

Edit* also I think that figure for medicare ignores the unfunded liabilities, which would make defense seem even smaller of a portion of our budget.

michaelwise
07-09-2010, 12:44 AM
Chasing the boogie man is no way to go through life son.

libertybrewcity
07-09-2010, 12:46 AM

defense is quite a large percentage. 23 percent is no small number.

everyone was saying his goal was to put fear into the people, but maybe his goal was to bankrupt it.

michaelwise
07-09-2010, 12:49 AM
Why should we factor out SS? Its a horribly designed government ponzi scheme with trillions of liabilities that are actually owed.

Edit* also I think that figure for medicare ignores the unfunded liabilities, which would make defense seem even smaller of a portion of our budget.
"President Lyndon Johnson's advisors pointed out to him that he could make his budget deficit disappear simply by throwing the Social Security surpluses into the pot when he calculated the budget. He did so for the first time in 1969, and generated the first surplus since Eisenhower.

He called this the "unified" budget, because it unified the federal budget with Social Security trust funds. Until 1969, Social Security income and expenses had been "off budget;" that is, they weren't counted for or against the federal budget."
http://www.boilermakers.org/resources/commentary/V38N6

BetaMale
07-09-2010, 12:54 AM
Chasing the boogie man is no way to go through life son.

right, so just go to my first post when I said

I'm not here to argue, but there are bigger reasons why we're bankrupt than just our wars in the middle east.

michaelwise
07-09-2010, 12:59 AM
right, so just go to my first post when I said

I'm not here to argue, but there are bigger reasons why we're bankrupt than just our wars in the middle east.Every factor that that contributes to bankrupting America helps.

libertybrewcity
07-09-2010, 01:06 AM
Every factor that that contributes to bankrupting America helps.

and there are many factors. unfunded liabilities, wars, stimulus spending, bailouts.

i guess we could just print more money to deal with the problems though!

michaelwise
07-09-2010, 01:26 AM
I have as much of a chance of being killed by a terrorist as being struck by lighting twice in the same year.

I'll pay $2 a year for $1 million of coverage. That's a lot less than I'm paying for the wars.

Check out the life insurance actuarial on the subject.

michaelwise
07-09-2010, 07:04 PM
Immediately stop the wars and take the money the government saves and buy a $5 million life insurance policy for every American Citizen. The policy will only be paid out if you are actually killed by a real Islamic terrorist. It would only cost the government about $5 dollars per person.
330,000,000 X $5 = $1.65 billion. That's a lot cheaper than the money we are spending on the wars.