PDA

View Full Version : Please stop the stupid attacks on religion!

Original_Intent
10-14-2007, 10:21 PM
OK, I am not a super religious person, getting to church maybe twice a year on a good year.

But, I do believe in God, but that is not even the point. The point is there are a lot of believers who support Ron Paul. Ron Paul himself is a believer.

I saw a comment on another thread talking about people who wont support RP, because they disagree on one thing but they will support say Giuliani even thought they know he is scum. Then the response was "Yeah it is completely baffling, it is as illogical as believing in religion" or something like that.

And there are a lot of "attack religion" type posts that jsut have no place on these forums. I mean, the threads are not even discussing religion and non believers just throw these stupid potshots out.

The thing is, many of these people are the ones that also tell "truthers" not to use the Ron Paul movement to promote beliefs that Ron Paul himslef does not espouse. Well guess what? People that are using these forums to promote "non-belief" are doing exactly the same thing. And they are also harming the movement although not as visibly as the truthers.

Let me just summarize: I am NOT using these forums to proseletyze people to my religion, please do not use them to promote your belief systems, save your beliefs as pertain to government, and how to get Ron Paul elected.

Believe what you want. And you certainly can post whatever you like. But I have to wonder - Aetheists and agnostics are always bragging about how they are "as good or better than puritanical religious people" and that you don't need God to be "good". Yet I don't see believers deriding non-believers lack of faith, but numerous times in the past several months I do see non believers opining on the "stupidity" of religion.

The man you are supporting is one of those stupid, misled fools, maybe you had better re-evaluate where you are and why.

Peace out. There are plenty of people who I feel are probably agnostic or aetheist and have been perfectly respectful. I am not attacking anyones belief system. I am asking for some common courtesy respecting others' beliefs.

Kevin

Bradley in DC
10-14-2007, 10:38 PM
Amen. :D

steph3n
10-14-2007, 10:40 PM
with Dr Paul as president we will all be freer than ever to make our own choice :D

I am a christian, but an atheist is NOT my enemy, don't treat me as one.

RP4ME
10-14-2007, 10:41 PM
I agree Im tired of the attacks myself......they usually involve some inaccurate assertion of religion or people of faith......

Soooo PREACH IT PASTA

Original_Intent
10-14-2007, 10:42 PM
Amen. :D

Lol.:D

steph3n
10-14-2007, 10:43 PM
I agree Im tired of the attacks myself......they usually involve some inaccurate assertion of religion or people of faith......

Soooo PREACH IT PASTA

oh no a pastafarian!

Ron Paul Fan
10-14-2007, 10:47 PM
I've never attacked anyone based on their religion on here. I don't care if you're Christian or Atheist or Hindu, as long as you're voting for Ron Paul. Our leader is a Christian so it would be pretty silly of people to attack them. We have to appeal to Christians so it would be pretty silly of people to attack them. Congressman Paul has dedicated his life in politics to preaching the importance of individual liberty and I suggest that we follow his lead on this.

And congratulations to myself for my 800th post. I deserve it.

0zzy
10-14-2007, 10:50 PM
I
HATE
hate
HATE

when people go "It's freedom OF religion not freedom FROM religion! Atheist don't belong here, they deserve what they get!"

They literally had a segment like that on CNN. It was sickening, and I'm not even an atheist. "So...you have the freedom of press, I don't see you writing a newspaper. GTFO THE COUNTRY!" is what I would reply.

random thought...

Original_Intent
10-14-2007, 10:52 PM
I've never attacked anyone based on their religion on here. I don't care if you're Christian or Atheist or Hindu, as long as you're voting for Ron Paul. Our leader is a Christian so it would be pretty silly of people to attack them. We have to appeal to Christians so it would be pretty silly of people to attack them. Congressman Paul had dedicated his life in politics to preaching the importance of individual liberty and I suggest that we follow his lead on this.

And congratulations to myself for my 800th post. I deserve it.

I haven't seen PERSONAL attacks at all, for which I am grateful.

But I have seen dozens of "If you are stupid enough for x, you are probably stupid enough to belileve in (insert religious belief here).

I think it is one of those things with the anonymity of the internet. I don't think anyone would ever talk like that in a room with a mix of believers and non-believers.

katao
10-14-2007, 11:20 PM
Kevin, great post.

Please:
1. Don't use inappropriate videos, etc. to promote Ron Paul (e.g. Zeitgeist)
2. Be very careful with labels (e.g. Zionist)

TruckinMike
10-14-2007, 11:26 PM
Its not just here, Comments from RP supporters on youtube, google and other places.

My wifes brother and his family have not chosen RP because of a few of his followers anti-God sentiments. My wifes family, brothers, and mom are long time conservatives, that DO NOT LIKE the status quo, Top tier candidates... But they are going with Huckabee and NOT RP. His wife spotted some pretty bad comments on youtube.(multiple occasions) --- Enough for me to hear about the complaint. I'm doing my best to get them to research him a bit more. And to not look at supporters sentiments as being equal to Ron Paul's.

Anyway, Keep up the anti-God rhetoric and see how far RP gets.---

Just my 2 cents.

I know most of us know this... but pass the word to others outside of this forum.

thanks,

Truckinmike

terlinguatx
10-14-2007, 11:27 PM

reduen
10-15-2007, 12:03 AM
Thank you for this post good friend. I agree with you 100% here.

Though I am a Christian and I do believe that true Christians should live their faith and not just profess it. I also pray that all would come to know the good Lord Jesus our Christ but I most certainly do not believe that I or anyone else can force our faith on others. I have never done this and I never will.

Even God Himself does not force himself upon humanity. He has laid out the rules and given us all the choice to believe or not believe.

I believe that as Christians we should treat our faith in somewhat the same manner that Dr. Paul talks about our foreign policy. We should live our faith and pray that others want to emulate us.

I have always been perplexed with these attacks you have mentioned here and especially so on these forums that are in support of a man that is Christian himself.

I mean, you would think that all these non-believers who claim that Christians are so intolerant and judgmental would be a little more tolerant and lot less judgmental. ;)

Again, I am not sure how far this will go but thank you...

steph3n
10-15-2007, 12:06 AM
Some atheist are just as dogmatic about their beliefs as christians. For the sake of freedom call a truce :D

LibertyOfOne
10-15-2007, 01:10 AM
I haven't see much of that in a while. Normally we jump in when someone makes unfounded claims about evolution or science in general.

Bluedevil
10-15-2007, 01:50 AM
Why does everyone here have such thin skin? You would think people here would have more confidence in themselves and their beliefs. People disagree on things, its not a big deal.

LibertyOfOne
10-15-2007, 03:12 AM
I tried to look for the thread you are talking about and I can't find it. Could you please link to it. I did a search for the quotes you provided and nothing came up.

Man from La Mancha
10-15-2007, 03:29 AM
"Any monkey worth his salt would give any bird a beak flip" -Perry DeAngelis

wtf does that mean?:)

Adamsa
10-15-2007, 04:43 AM
We should just accept that Ron Paul supporters come from all walks of life.

Ron Paul Fan
10-15-2007, 04:45 AM
We should just remember the advice given to us a couple months ago by our candidate. "The freedom message brings us together, it doesn't divide us." -Congressman Paul

kylejack
10-15-2007, 06:25 AM
In return, I request that people not link to and ask us to give money to religious groups that seek to suppress free speech, like the Family Research Council.

BillyDkid
10-15-2007, 06:46 AM
I started that thread you are referring to. I went back through the entire thing and nowhere in there do I see any attack on religion. I think people need to work on their reading comprehension skills.

ButchHowdy
10-15-2007, 06:46 AM
Trust me . . .

"There will be no RP athiests on the day of the Primaries!"

erowe1
10-15-2007, 06:49 AM
Great post.

walt
10-15-2007, 06:52 AM
Nobody is attacking a religion.

Certain religions who shake down the US Government *ARE* attacking us and many are becoming cowards in the face of the root causes of our flawed foreign policy.

Get your facts straight.

erowe1
10-15-2007, 06:56 AM
In return, I request that people not link to and ask us to give money to religious groups that seek to suppress free speech, like the Family Research Council.

The Family Research Council represents a voting block from which RP stands to get a great deal of support. He's already the clear second favorite candidate among the religious right. And when Huckabee bows out RP may well command the support of the majority of that movement. We should definitely be working heavily to show them how great of a candidate RP is them (and, coming from a conservative evangelical position myself, he is outstanding). Naturally, we have a diverse movement, and some of the less religious members of these forums may not be as drawn to working that crowd as some others of us. But at least learn to appreciate that the work is being done and that there are people here doing it.

As for asking for money. All organizations do that. Why is is so bad that the FRC website linked in a thread on here does? By the way, I followed that link and donated $1, both so that I could vote in their straw poll and because I think it's a good organization. Kudos to whomever started that thread.

steph3n
10-15-2007, 07:00 AM
walt,

go bury your head in the sand. you must stop these attacks. MUST.

Certain religions who shake down the US Government *ARE* attacking us and many are becoming cowards in the face of the root causes of our flawed foreign policy.

Get your facts straight.

steph3n
10-15-2007, 07:01 AM
Bluedevil,

I understand your point, but as more and more people join they do not understand this and will simply quit supporting Dr Paul because all of his support is a bunch of insulting jerks.

Why does everyone here have such thin skin? You would think people here would have more confidence in themselves and their beliefs. People disagree on things, its not a big deal.

walt
10-15-2007, 07:02 AM
walt,

go bury your head in the sand. you must stop these attacks. MUST.

no you need to get a grip on the facts and get a clue.

P.S. Weren't you supposed ot logout because you declared the revolution over?

kylejack
10-15-2007, 07:05 AM
The Family Research Council represents a voting block from which RP stands to get a great deal of support. He's already the clear second favorite candidate among the religious right. And when Huckabee bows out RP may well command the support of the majority of that movement. We should definitely be working heavily to show them how great of a candidate RP is them (and, coming from a conservative evangelical position myself, he is outstanding). Naturally, we have a diverse movement, and some of the less religious members of these forums may not be as drawn to working that crowd as some others of us. But at least learn to appreciate that the work is being done and that there are people here doing it.

As for asking for money. All organizations do that. Why is is so bad that the FRC website linked in a thread on here does? By the way, I followed that link and donated $1, both so that I could vote in their straw poll and because I think it's a good organization. Kudos to whomever started that thread.
You all ask me to respect your religion. Fine. I ask you to not promote groups that seek to suppress free speech, because that's what I honor and keep holy. If you guys want to promote those pricks, that's fine, but I'll continue speaking poorly of religion, because religion seeks to oppress this country.

steph3n
10-15-2007, 07:08 AM
no this is a countries revolution and that includes EVERYONE in the mix.
if you want to make this your personal anti-jew revolution you are in the WRONG PLACE.

no you need to get a grip on the facts and get a clue.

P.S. Weren't you supposed ot logout because you declared the revolution over?

ladyliberty
10-15-2007, 07:11 AM
We should just remember the advice given to us a couple months ago by our candidate. "The freedom message brings us together, it doesn't divide us." -Congressman Paul

I find myself in the company of many different religions, cultures, and walks of life that I never even dreamed of! I have heard of some stuff that I never knew existed! I agree 110% that the freedom message brings us all together, and I am very proud of the way Ron PAul says that freedom is for EVERYONE and not just for one group or another and that he will not be giving preference to any particular segement of our society - Christians included.

I am a Christian and I am used to attacks by non-believers who slander us. The most offensive part of this message board that I find objectionable is the profanity that laces nearly every post. Some people cannot seem to refrain from using "wtf" - which is profane - and if you do a search you will find it has been used hundreds of thousands of times here. This keeps me from coming here very often - I mostly just skim a few threads to see if anyone has come up with a new youtube video or has a better way to get out the Ron Paul message, then I leave.

ladyliberty
10-15-2007, 07:12 AM
if you want to make this your personal anti-jew revolution you are in the WRONG PLACE.

That is EXACTLY the kind of Christian bashing this thread was begun about. Stop it.

Nefertiti
10-15-2007, 07:16 AM

Get your facts straight.

Religions are capable of attack? Are you sure you don't mean people who practice certain religions?

Nefertiti
10-15-2007, 07:22 AM
If you guys want to promote those pricks, that's fine, but I'll continue speaking poorly of religion, because religion seeks to oppress this country.

Religion is seeking to oppress this country? Since when has religion gained a power to do things on its own?

I don't feel offended by people who say those who believe in God are stupid. I have always scored above 99 percentile on standardized tests and possess a PhD from one of the top ten universities in the country.

I had a friend once who made a very wise statement, the bad things that people say about others are often true about themselves.

walt
10-15-2007, 07:23 AM
Religions are capable of attack? Are you sure you don't mean people who practice certain religions?

yes certain people within certain religions. :cool:

LibertyOfOne
10-15-2007, 07:24 AM
Trust me . . .

"There will be no RP atheists on the day of the Primaries!"

There fixed it for you. What the hell does that mean anyways?

kylejack
10-15-2007, 07:28 AM
Religion is seeking to oppress this country? Since when has religion gained a power to do things on its own?
People in this forum are promoting an organization that suppresses free speech. If they show no respect for my belief system (individual liberty), I'm not inclined to show any respect for theirs.

I don't feel offended by people who say those who believe in God are stupid. I have always scored above 99 percentile on standardized tests and possess a PhD from one of the top ten universities in the country.
Good for you.

I had a friend once who made a very wise statement, the bad things that people say about others are often true about themselves.
Yawn.

Thunderbolt
10-15-2007, 07:45 AM
OK, I am not a super religious person, getting to church maybe twice a year on a good year.

But, I do believe in God, but that is not even the point. The point is there are a lot of believers who support Ron Paul. Ron Paul himself is a believer.

I saw a comment on another thread talking about people who wont support RP, because they disagree on one thing but they will support say Giuliani even thought they know he is scum. Then the response was "Yeah it is completely baffling, it is as illogical as believing in religion" or something like that.

And there are a lot of "attack religion" type posts that jsut have no place on these forums. I mean, the threads are not even discussing religion and non believers just throw these stupid potshots out.

The thing is, many of these people are the ones that also tell "truthers" not to use the Ron Paul movement to promote beliefs that Ron Paul himslef does not espouse. Well guess what? People that are using these forums to promote "non-belief" are doing exactly the same thing. And they are also harming the movement although not as visibly as the truthers.

Let me just summarize: I am NOT using these forums to proseletyze people to my religion, please do not use them to promote your belief systems, save your beliefs as pertain to government, and how to get Ron Paul elected.

Believe what you want. And you certainly can post whatever you like. But I have to wonder - Aetheists and agnostics are always bragging about how they are "as good or better than puritanical religious people" and that you don't need God to be "good". Yet I don't see believers deriding non-believers lack of faith, but numerous times in the past several months I do see non believers opining on the "stupidity" of religion.

The man you are supporting is one of those stupid, misled fools, maybe you had better re-evaluate where you are and why.

Peace out. There are plenty of people who I feel are probably agnostic or aetheist and have been perfectly respectful. I am not attacking anyones belief system. I am asking for some common courtesy respecting others' beliefs.

Kevin

Look, I agree that we should all respect each other's beliefs. But you are not being fair or forthcoming. You write: "I don't see believers deriding non-believers lack of faith, but numerous times in the past several months I do see non believers opining on the "stupidity" of religion."

But have you never heard of a holy war, or jihad or a crusade? I don't think I have ever seen a war started by atheists, so it is a little hard to swallow that people of religious faith NEVER attack anyone else who doesn't believe what they believe. I know you are talking about the forums, but I only bring it up to show how often people of faith attack people who don't believe in a God.

Some people on here don't think there is a God and it is silly to believe in one. Some people on here are deeply religious and think it is blasphemy not to.

We all need to tolerate each other. I appreciate this thread, but it was hard not to notice the thinly disguised attacks against atheists. Even the word non-believers is an attack. It implies the standard is a believer and everyone not meeting that standard is a non-believer and therefore not living up to a certain standard, and hence, less than.

Your own post has derided "non-believers" by its very choice of words. What if atheists used the word deranged, or brainwashed to refer to "believers"? The words you use shape the discussion. (I only picked those words to make a point, so chill out.)

You then go on to state: The man you are supporting is one of those stupid, misled fools, maybe you had better re-evaluate where you are and why.

Do you really think that statement is not antagonistic? Are you trying to drive out all atheists and non-believers from your pretty little forum? I don't believe in God. Shall I re-evaluate who I am supporting? Shall I ask for all my money back, all my time? This is the second time one of you has tried to drive me from the campaign. Look in the mirror before you come after people! Your post is full of attacks! You don't want people to drive out truthers, but you sure want the "non-believers" to pack up and leave!

You use a broad brush to attack all atheists and agnostics and seem to speak for all. That takes a lot of nerve. Where do you get your information on an entire group of people?

I don't mind a call for peace, we need one. But dude, your post is full of contradictions. It is so easy to call the kettle black, it is really hard to look at your own prejudices.

But respecting each other I think appeals to each group and I agree that we should be careful not to hurt each other. We are all in this to get this man elected. We have enough fighting from the outside world. We don't need it in here. But I do wish YOU would stop attacking people. As you tried to imply: it doesn't help any of us.

Shiranu
10-15-2007, 07:49 AM
Eh, a few atheist talk smack, so you hate all atheists, and a few christians support some org., so that gives you a right to insult and harass all christians? O...kay, I hope yall are havin fun back there in 3rd grade. No, thats too much credit, pre-k, perhaps?

kylejack
10-15-2007, 07:50 AM
Eh, a few atheist talk smack, so you hate all atheists, and a few christians support some org., so that gives you a right to insult and harass all christians? O...kay, I hope yall are havin fun back there in 3rd grade. No, thats too much credit, pre-k, perhaps?
I've never insulted and harassed any Christian for their beliefs, so step off.

Shiranu
10-15-2007, 07:56 AM
You all ask me to respect your religion. Fine. I ask you to not promote groups that seek to suppress free speech, because that's what I honor and keep holy. If you guys want to promote those pricks, that's fine, but I'll continue speaking poorly of religion, because religion seeks to oppress this country.

You want to be a hipocritical tool, fine, but those are your words, are they not? That last line seems like INSULTING and HARASSING religion to me. Next?

Revolution9
10-15-2007, 07:58 AM

Israeli dual citizens high up in the administration have shown themselves to be domestic enemies. This does not equate to all jews ..but it does equate to those jews.

Why can an Israeli Rabbi head Homeland Security and be the Comptroller of funds for the Pentagon when we know there would be a hue and cry if a frcocked Protestant Minister or a Catholic Bishop was in charge of ANY department of the Federal Guvmnt? These are the issues which cause consternation.

randy

LibertyEagle
10-15-2007, 08:00 AM
Please stop this, people. We are destroying ourselves. Have you forgotten that Dr. Paul is a Christian? All faiths are welcome in this country and in this campaign. Remember what we stand for.

Please, please stop doing this.

steph3n
10-15-2007, 08:01 AM
I was not speaking to you :)
You have done pretty well most of the time to clarify such, others have not done this.
Their are bad people at all levels, the focus needs to be on the PEOPLE not on the religion or even country.

Israeli dual citizens high up in the administration have shown themselves to be domestic enemies. This does not equate to all jews ..but it does equate to those jews.

Why can an Israeli Rabbi head Homeland Security and be the Comptroller of funds for the Pentagon when we know there would be a hue and cry if a frcocked Protestant Minister or a Catholic Bishop was in charge of ANY department of the Federal Guvmnt? These are the issues which cause consternation.

randy

Ron Paul Fan
10-15-2007, 08:03 AM
Don't worry Liberty Eagle. I made a heads up move and reported this thread. I requested that it be sent to hot topics immediately! All of this bickering does no good. We've got the campaign staff shattering, we've got trouble in the Jewish forum thread, and now this. I thought the freedom message was suppose to bring us together and not divide us, but I guess that Dr. Paul and I were wrong. There's no way we can co-exist. :(

kylejack
10-15-2007, 08:04 AM
You want to be a hipocritical tool, fine, but those are your words, are they not? That last line seems like INSULTING and HARASSING religion to me. Next?
I meant for the select people who choose to promote oppressive groups. I thought that seemed clear. I'd like to point out, though, that you're the one calling someone a "hipocritical [SIC] tool".

steph3n
10-15-2007, 08:04 AM
seems i agree with you, freedom can't bind us because too much hate flows.

Don't worry Liberty Eagle. I made a heads up move and reported this thread. I requested that it be sent to hot topics immediately! All of this bickering does no good. We've got the campaign staff shattering, we've got trouble in the Jewish forum thread, and now this. I thought the freedom message was suppose to bring us together and not divide us, but I guess that Dr. Paul and I were wrong. There's no way we can co-exist. :(

LibertyOfOne
10-15-2007, 08:05 AM
Please stop this, people. We are destroying ourselves. Have you forgotten that Dr. Paul is a Christian? All faiths are welcome in this country and in this campaign. Remember what we stand for.

Please, please stop doing this.

I haven't seen much proof that it has been happening much at all lately other than an off hand comment here and there. Did you try to search for the posts he is talking about? The quotes in his first post are all but made up.

LibertyEagle
10-15-2007, 08:13 AM
I have seen it with my own eyes.

We need to respect all religions, as Dr. Paul does and if we cannot do that, people need to take their mouths somewhere else than this board which is to support DR. PAUL'S CANDIDACY!

Thunderbolt
10-15-2007, 08:14 AM
I haven't seen much proof that it has been happening much at all lately other than an off hand comment here and there. Did you try to search for the posts he is talking about? The quotes in his first post are all but made up.

It seems lately we have a lot of people on this forum trying to stir up trouble and get people to turn against each other. Especially in the other thread about the RJC. Perhaps we really do have a bunch of trolls on here. We always talk about it as just an insult to each other, but why shouldn't there be trolls here? I am sure the other campaigns would love to tear us apart.

Anytime we find someone starting something we should warn each other and try not to get too worked up about it. They will leave and come back with new names, but we need to be on the lookout for them.

LibertyEagle
10-15-2007, 08:24 AM

Thank you, RPF.

I do think we can co-exist, but apparently we have a few who are having trouble getting outside of the hatred that they probably have stoked for years. It is their right to do so, but they do not have the right to smear this campaign with their personal views.

We either put our personal agendas aside and do our best to represent and spread Dr. Paul's message to all Americans, or we keep it up with these attacks on various groups and completely destroy ourselves from within. If your hatred is so all consuming, I suggest you take yourselves somewhere else, other than this board, to spew it. This board is for the purpose of further Dr. Paul's campaign; not your own. Dr. Paul's campaign is all about uniting people from across the political spectrum; not about dividing.

Please do not destroy this campaign. It is probably our last shot to save this country. I know it; you know it.

Original_Intent
10-15-2007, 08:33 AM
Sorry I have been offline since I posted this. I have seen requests for links to the posts I was referring to. I will get them and post them in this thread.

I did not want to cause contention. I am asking for everyone to extend common courtesy to each other in regards to their beliefs. Be right back with the links.

Here ya go. Not wanting to stir up the pot. This is a request that these kind of offhand insults towards religious belief be reined in out of courtesy. I have not seen similar attacks by believers against non-believers.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=25119

I agree, in the end it isn't logical, so it's not a kind of logic at all. It is irrational belief almost exactly like religion.

This whole security/war thing has been pounded into their skulls like Jesus is the savior.

This was the post that I was referring to. I have seen quite a few over the months, though not so many lately.

LibertyOfOne
10-15-2007, 09:05 AM
Sorry for saying they were made up.

Original_Intent
10-15-2007, 09:11 AM
Sorry for saying they were made up.

LOL, no problem. It is completely fair to ask for "source material".

Wendi
10-15-2007, 10:01 AM
It *is* freedom OF religion, not FROM religion. That means atheists have a right to their belief too.

Really, it makes us look quite silly bashing *any* faith when we're trying to promote a message of freedom.

Wendi
10-15-2007, 10:04 AM
P.S. Freedom of religion is for Jews, too.

Electric Church
10-15-2007, 11:12 AM
The attacks are on groups. Whether it’s atheist, Christians, truthers, Jews, Scientologists it doesn’t matter. The purpose is to offend large numbers of Ron Paul supporters with a single comment which is a far more effective divisionary tool than offending one individual.

The message of freedom appeals to all groups and can unite all groups which is a major threat to the criminal establishment.

If an individual offends an individual on this forum he/she may get warned. But if an individual on this forum offends millions of Ron Paul supporters by their group, that seems acceptable.

kylejack
10-15-2007, 11:18 AM
Sorry I have been offline since I posted this. I have seen requests for links to the posts I was referring to. I will get them and post them in this thread.

I did not want to cause contention. I am asking for everyone to extend common courtesy to each other in regards to their beliefs. Be right back with the links.

Here ya go. Not wanting to stir up the pot. This is a request that these kind of offhand insults towards religious belief be reined in out of courtesy. I have not seen similar attacks by believers against non-believers.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=25119

This was the post that I was referring to. I have seen quite a few over the months, though not so many lately.

I don't see that post as a slight against religion, really. Generally religion is thought to be faith over rationality. Even religious people will tell you this.

garkoblogo
10-15-2007, 02:40 PM
yes i experienced this too and Texas Christian was one of the main culprits.
i posted a link to something containing quotes from L Ron Hubbard with a video featuring Alex Jones, Aaron Russo and David Icke and had to deal with 4 pages of thread accusing me of crap and slandering Scientology and all this. And to this day there is still not a single posting in those four pages pertaining to what my post was about which was how it comes about that many people will attack anyone who stands out as an individual and call them crazy! lol THAT was what my post was about and then I had people calling me things for posting it! lol
I should know better. You are right. Anyone that is doing such anti social activities in this environment is here to be divisive and cause trouble. So the best bet is to report to the moderator and ignore.
And we should all have each other's backs covered. Because part of the beauty of the Ron Paul freedom message is how it unites people of so many different beliefs and practices around one unifying message.
Hmm... who would want to break up something like that?

Wendi
10-15-2007, 03:10 PM
Certain religions who shake down the US Government *ARE* attacking us and many are becoming cowards in the face of the root causes of our flawed foreign policy. That's a pretty poorly disguised attack right there. Instead of blaming religions - and thus offending all voters who happen to share that religion and might actually support Ron Paul - why don't you acknowledge that it is INDIVIDUALS who happen to subscribe to said religions doing the "attacking" that you allege? Novel concept, I know... but seriously - what good does it do to blame all of the problems of the world on any particular religion?

Wendi
10-15-2007, 03:11 PM
Garko, my comments are still public in that thread, and they aren't edited. Unlike yours, I might add.

hard@work
10-15-2007, 03:25 PM
That's a pretty poorly disguised attack right there. Instead of blaming religions - and thus offending all voters who happen to share that religion and might actually support Ron Paul - why don't you acknowledge that it is INDIVIDUALS who happen to subscribe to said religions doing the "attacking" that you allege? Novel concept, I know... but seriously - what good does it do to blame all of the problems of the world on any particular religion?

QFT

Some people need to figure out how to talk about individuals and policy. Not broad conspiracy based on ethnic or religious background. If we had consensus here we'd get real education started on these issues. And any "anti-jew" troll could easily be weeded out.

I fear it may be much too late for this however.

garkoblogo
10-15-2007, 04:35 PM
Garko, my comments are still public in that thread, and they aren't edited. Unlike yours, I might add.

your comments suck. they are hateful. they have nothing to do with the intended subject of the thread. they make false accusations and demand that i respond to them in a public forum and they are hostile generalities and mine are unedited except to improve grammar in one instance that i know of.