PDA

View Full Version : Census folks FINALLY came by just now..

rancher89
07-08-2010, 05:54 PM
I think the two large dogs barking wildly :eek: in the window put her off....when I told her that I didn't need to answer her questions, she said...."Thank you very much, have a nice day." And beat it to the car...

:D:D:D

FrankRep
07-08-2010, 05:57 PM
I found a Census note on my door today. I laughed.

malkusm
07-08-2010, 06:00 PM
I returned the form with "2" filled in for Question #1, "Human" filled in under "Other" for Race, and that letter from LewRockwell stapled to the front explaining that I didn't have to answer any other questions Constitutionally.

I'll never know if they tried to come get me, because I moved last month :p

phill4paul
07-08-2010, 06:17 PM
I can't believe you choose not to represent North Carolina or your county! Your obviously not trying to get the GREAT state of N.C. its fair share of the federal dole.

/sarcasm

libertybrewcity
07-08-2010, 06:31 PM
they might come again too. i just filled out my job application for project 3 of the census last week. :) lol

Lucille
07-08-2010, 06:33 PM
We had one come today also. He told my husband he was required to answer the rest of the questions. When DH said he answered what was required as per the Constitution, he called my husband a "bad citizen." They were yelling at each other in the street!

He'll be back tomorrow, and then it's my turn.

Mwhahahahaha...

phill4paul
07-08-2010, 06:45 PM
he called my husband a "bad citizen." .

Prescient.

JeNNiF00F00
07-08-2010, 07:52 PM

specsaregood
07-08-2010, 09:47 PM
I hope they come in the middle of the hot day afternoon. I'm gonna answer the door with a beer and stand there in some tidy whiteys and nothing else. Let's see how many answers they want to stand there and ask me when I start adjusting myself and farting simultaneously.

FrankRep
07-08-2010, 09:48 PM
Answering a census is not a bad thing... go look at the fucking 1790 census and see what questions they asked back then, pretty similar to what questions they ask now.
Flashback: Census blamed in internment of Japanese / WWII
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=235474

;)

Lucille
07-09-2010, 08:36 AM
wow thats insane. Your husband is actually a GOOD CITIZEN for doing what he did. The census worker is a fucking tyrant.

It really upset him. The f'n gall of that guy! DH started his business in '88 and we've created jobs, and have played INS agent, social worker, tax collector for the state, and paid over a million in taxes over that time to the state and that asshat insults my husband, calling him a bad citizen.

Answering a census is not a bad thing... go look at the fucking 1790 census and see what questions they asked back then, pretty similar to what questions they ask now.

The 1790 census divided the people up into racial groups?

Ron Paul's Texas Straight Talk 3/8/10 on the Census (http://www.dailypaul.com/node/128246)

The census and the death of civil society (http://www.wendymcelroy.com/comment.php?comment.news.3035)

Everyone wants their share of government's promised money and power; it has become a social entitlement. Government has convinced people that your right to privacy denies to them what is their as a matter of simple fairness: that is, their share of the government pie. And, so, government introduces a Hobbesian state of nature (a war or all against all) that slowly replaces civil society. It creates a dynamic by which my rights damage you instead of the protection of equal rights enriching everyone. On this basis alone, the census should be rejected.

I'm ready for him:

YouTube - The Census Is Getting Personal (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsDhkPym01k)

QUESTIONS THAT THE CENSUS BUREAU REFUSED OR FAILED TO ANSWER (from Jerry Day's Matrix News Network segment: "The Census Is Getting Personal"):

1) The Constitution authorizes government to count people but it does not authorize the taking of private information or even the names of individuals. From where does the Census Bureau derive authority to demand our private information?

2) Is there any limit to the amount and type of private information that the Census bureau may demand and collect?

3) Under what Constitutional authority does the Census Bureau collect information now from 250,000 people per month of every year?

4) The 4th Amendment to the Constitution prohibits government search and seizure of private information without a court warrant based on probable cause, Current Census policies violate that Amendment do they not?

5) By what Constitutional authority does the Census Bureau threaten penalties for failure to provide personal information?

6) The Census Bureau claims it maintains privacy of personal information, Are there any circumstances under which law enforcement or spy agencies can access Census information?

7) Since presumably Census data may be subpoenaed by law enforcement, may individuals refuse to answer questions according to the fifth Amendment?

8) Why has the Census Bureau decided to collect GPS coordinates for every home?

9) Virtually every government database has been either lost, hacked or compromised, would the Census Bureau's claim of data security not be an outright lie or at best highly improbable?

10) How would the Census Bureau locate, protect and compensate those individuals whose data becomes compromised?

My Response to the Census (http://www.tenthamendmentcenter.com/2010/03/30/my-response-to-the-census/)

To the best of my knowledge, this question is improper and a general information request because ascertaining housing status is not necessary and proper for putting the enumeration contained in Article I, Section 2, Clause 3 into effect.

However, if your agency can show how ascertaining [insert question particulars here] is necessary and proper for putting the enumeration contained in Article I, Section 2, Clause 3 into effect, this residence will be happy to change this answer.

Since your agency drafted the content of this question, please include the factual basis for your determination that the information requested in this question was necessary and proper for putting the enumeration contained in Article I, Section 2, Clause 3 into effect.

[And so forth...]

rancher89
07-09-2010, 09:11 AM
I hope they come in the middle of the hot day afternoon. I'm gonna answer the door with a beer and stand there in some tidy whiteys and nothing else. Let's see how many answers they want to stand there and ask me when I start adjusting myself and farting simultaneously.

Utube it or it didn't happen....LOLOLOLOL

Seriously, the woman didn't even make it half way down the driveway, my two 65# boxers were having a defcon 4 fit in the bay window---slobber all over the place... hehehe

(off topic--they have a new football....everyonce in a while a soccer or foot ball makes it's way over the fence....good fun for the dogs!)

libertarian4321
07-09-2010, 11:18 AM
I"m still waiting for them, and I'm pretty disappointed that they haven't shown up yet (though I'm still waiting for follow up to my 2000 census answers where I also refused to tell them anything but the number of bodies living here).

adowdell
07-15-2010, 07:35 PM
Man them census workers are determined folk huh? She stopped, called. I called her back and left a message (with my phone number even so she would call me back specifically), then she stops at the house and talks to my wife during the day expecting to come inside. My wife being the softy she is let her in, but pretty well stuck to her guns on not answering questions except the number of people. Though the kids were playing and telling her their names etc... The wife kinda played me off as the bad guy and that I was sticking by the constitution and only answering pertinent information.

She called back later that evening I told her to start asking her questions, answered the ones I th ought appropriate (number of people living in the house on April 1st). She started asking names, birth dates, race, their relation ship to me... I said no answer, no answer no answer. She goes, "Sir I'm going to have to stop you there, if these questions aren't answered then we'll have to send some one out to your property again"

I started boiling, but retained composure. If you send someone else out to my property we will have you removed. She kept asking the questions, I kept not answering. "well I will be sending out someone else to your property since you will not answer questions." My answer, I will have you removed from my property. "I'll make a note of that"...

RAR

tpreitzel
07-15-2010, 07:46 PM
She called back later that evening I told her to start asking her questions, answered the ones I th ought appropriate (number of people living in the house on April 1st). She started asking names, birth dates, race, their relation ship to me... I said no answer, no answer no answer. She goes, "Sir I'm going to have to stop you there, if these questions aren't answered then we'll have to send some one out to your property again"

I started boiling, but retained composure. If you send someone else out to my property we will have you removed. She kept asking the questions, I kept not answering. "well I will be sending out someone else to your property since you will not answer questions." My answer, I will have you removed from my property. "I'll make a note of that"...

RAR

Hummmm...

Romulus
07-15-2010, 08:18 PM
My census guy was a good one. He said 'he was on my side' and we talked for about 20 mins. They all arent bad folks.. Some are just trying to make ends meet.

thehunter
07-15-2010, 08:22 PM
In a surprisingly refreshing move, Canada just replaced the mandatory long-form census going out to 20% of the population with an optional long-form one going out to 33%. A pleasant step in the right direction that has all the right people upset!

libertybrewcity
07-15-2010, 08:36 PM
In a surprisingly refreshing move, Canada just replaced the mandatory long-form census going out to 20% of the population with an optional long-form one going out to 33%. A pleasant step in the right direction that has all the right people upset!

that is great to hear! something like that needs to be done in the US. The US 'long' form is 12 questions or something. I work for the census and i even have to ask people if they rent their place or if they own it with or without a mortgage? wtf are they thinking?

REDNECK WOMAN
07-15-2010, 08:38 PM

That sound like something that I would do but wearing a thong:D. I have to say I had one to come by Sunday. I told him I filled out what was my Constitutional right's. That was #2 and American for color. He told me he didn't blame me and he was on my side, he was a nice guy.

james1906
07-15-2010, 08:49 PM
My census guy was a good one. He said 'he was on my side' and we talked for about 20 mins. They all arent bad folks.. Some are just trying to make ends meet.

True. There's some good people out there just needing a job.

euphemia
07-15-2010, 09:09 PM
One came by our house one day and chatted with my husband who was working in the yard. The Census worker asked about two of our neighbors because they had not filled theirs in.

If all Census information is confidential, it seems to me that would extend to whether someone has submitted their information or not.

haaaylee
07-19-2010, 03:31 PM
after telling the census worker today i'd rather just answer how many people live here she said: "thats fine, you don't have to answer those questions." but she then asked if on april 1st did there happen to be anyone else staying here, such as "a stray baby." wtf?!

and if there happened to be a "stray baby" here do we get another representative for my district or what??

who says "stray baby" ??

RideTheDirt
07-19-2010, 05:00 PM
after telling the census worker today i'd rather just answer how many people live here she said: "thats fine, you don't have to answer those questions." but she then asked if on april 1st did there happen to be anyone else staying here, such as "a stray baby." wtf?!

and if there happened to be a "stray baby" here do we get another representative for my district or what??

who says "stray baby" ??

rofl

yeah the census came by and my dogs were going crazy. She started asking questions but I couldn't hear here through the barking german shepherd next to me So I just told the lady "5 people live here" she (accidentally?) said "you know what, that perfect. That's all I need to know" while taking note of the #. I said "great have a good one, and shut the door. Think she was saying something but oh well.