PDA

View Full Version : So out of the entire forum GUESS what the AP picked up?

sailingaway
07-08-2010, 02:15 PM
" Paul: Obama jabs at BP could harm spill cleanup

By BRUCE SCHREINER
Associated Press Writer
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) - Republican Senate candidate Rand Paul said Thursday that harsh criticism of BP by President Barack Obama's administration could contribute to the oil giant's demise and harm its ability to pay for cleanup of the massive Gulf of Mexico oil spill.

The comments came in response to blistering criticism by Democratic opponent Jack Conway at their first appearance together. Conway blasted Paul for saying in late May that Obama's stance toward BP was un-American and anti-business. Those and other comments by Paul led to a backlash at the time that caused the Republican to retreat from the national scene for a couple of weeks.

Paul said Thursday that BP should pay for the Gulf cleanup, but that Obama administration's sharp rhetoric could help imperil the company.

"I don't want them to go out of business when they can't pay for the mess, and that's what that kind of rhetoric could do," he said. "I want BP to be in business so it can afford to pay for the mess."...."

http://www.myfoxal.com/Global/story.asp?S=12775762

Hilarious.

Jeremy
07-08-2010, 02:18 PM
why is it so funny?

BamaFanNKy
07-08-2010, 02:21 PM
why is it so funny?

It's funny that :20 of 44:00 of talking..... that's what they report on.

RonPaulFanInGA
07-08-2010, 02:23 PM
why is it so funny?

The slant and bias of the AP is pretty funny. "Blistering," "blasted." :rolleyes: Conway's comments as quoted sound pretty tepid to me.

It's like when Paul gave that fourteen minute long speech to a 'tea party' rally recently and the AP story was based off of about ten seconds: "Paul Compares America to Roman Empire Just Before it Fell!!!1"

sailingaway
07-08-2010, 02:24 PM
why is it so funny?

They are STILL trying to spin him as the one for special interests when Conway wants to subsidize every multinational corporation in sight.

Fozz
07-08-2010, 02:53 PM
This media bias may single-handedly cause Paul to lose in November.

itshappening
07-08-2010, 03:10 PM

Not a hope in hell

RM918
07-08-2010, 03:21 PM
Of course this is what they picked up, who the hell cares about what Jack Conway thinks?

TheDriver
07-08-2010, 03:22 PM
Joe Gerth might be the most known for bias or "alleged bias." But, this Bruce guy has to be a Conway donor. :p I mean some of these AP articles should count toward in-kind donations.

silverhandorder
07-08-2010, 03:34 PM
Ok we need to start doing something. These guys are pissing me off for ragging on Rand so much. They are not reporting at all they just attacking.

Galileo Galilei
07-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Conway's numbers in Intrade just went down today.

silverhandorder
07-08-2010, 03:55 PM
I was thinking can we organize a small group of us to go and troll all Rand articles? I bet it will take no more then 10 of us to basically shut down all of the liberals spewing lies there.

low preference guy
07-08-2010, 04:02 PM

i'm pretty sure here we have the most clueless post of 2010.

BamaFanNKy
07-08-2010, 04:04 PM
i'm pretty sure here we have the most clueless post of 2010.

Nah. He said Trey beat Rand in the last debate.

silverhandorder
07-08-2010, 04:05 PM
Seriously Fozz is either a liberal troll or the most depressed guy in the world. 90% of his posts on Rand are negative beyond being reasonable.

low preference guy
07-08-2010, 04:07 PM
Nah. He said Trey beat Rand in the last debate.

i think this is bigger. there are actual polls which show that more KY voters believe that Rand was treated unfairly by the media, and close to 40% of total voters say they are more likely to vote for Rand because of that.

but all that doesn't matter to Conway's #1 Cheerleader at RPF.

silverhandorder
07-08-2010, 04:52 PM
I am not touching sites like huffington post. People there made up their minds. I been posting on bluegrasspolitics site.

dannno
07-08-2010, 05:11 PM
but all that doesn't matter to Conway's #1 Cheerleader at RPF.

Funny how Trey's #1 cheerleader turned into Conway's #1 cheerleader :rolleyes:

sailingaway
07-08-2010, 05:12 PM
On the patriot act, I gave a quick look and all I could find was references to him supporting it, not actual quotes. I only found statements from him this year, none older, and it those he was concerned with it. BamaFan is of the opinion he scrubbed youtubes on many issues. I wonder if it is in the full video of when he ran for Congress, that the 'I love the Iraq war' clip was taken from. It is on the forum somewhere, it was first posted in its entirety.

BamaFanNKy
07-08-2010, 06:29 PM
On the patriot act, I gave a quick look and all I could find was references to him supporting it, not actual quotes. I only found statements from him this year, none older, and it those he was concerned with it. BamaFan is of the opinion he scrubbed youtubes on many issues. I wonder if it is in the full video of when he ran for Congress, that the 'I love the Iraq war' clip was taken from. It is on the forum somewhere, it was first posted in its entirety.

Not an opinion. It's a fact.

jmdrake
07-08-2010, 07:23 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I'm glad they picked up on this. This is the best defense yet of Rand's position on BP. By giving Rand a platform to explain away the controversy the MSM is unwittingly undermining its effect.