PDA

View Full Version : Conservatives finally divorcing neocons?

Liberty Star
07-08-2010, 12:13 PM
Does recent Ann Coulter call for resignation of one of neocon ring leaders Bill Kristol mark a major change in the thinking of The Right in our politics?

Is a break up between conservatives and neocons inevitable now?

tjeffersonsghost
07-08-2010, 12:16 PM
I smell change I can believe in...

Liberty Star
07-08-2010, 12:18 PM
I tend to agree, this smells like a change.
Or a major rift at least.

thasre
07-08-2010, 12:19 PM
I've always said that Ann Coulter isn't actually as revolting as some make her out to be... I think she just has a schtick that makes her lots of money even though it's a bit dumb and offensive.

Is there actually a link to this Coulter criticism of Kristol, though? I haven't heard about it till now and I'm too lazy to search around for it.

Liberty Star
07-08-2010, 12:22 PM
I've always said that Ann Coulter isn't actually as revolting as some make her out to be...

Even if she isn't, she certainly seemed to have the capacity to act like she was LOL

But lets look towards a better tomorrow and leave past behind.

tjeffersonsghost
07-08-2010, 12:23 PM
I tend to agree, this smells like a change.
Or a major rift at least.

For a while now there have been a silent majority of Ron Paul supporters or like thinkers in the party who have been afraid to speak up against the establishment. As Ron Paul and "old school" conservatism gains popularity I think you will see more people get some balls and speak up. The neo cons have done a hell of a job brainwashing the masses. It will take time.

Liberty Star
07-08-2010, 12:26 PM
For a while now there have been a silent majority of Ron Paul supporters or like thinkers in the party who have been afraid to speak up against the establishment. As Ron Paul and "old school" conservatism gains popularity I think you will see more people get some balls and speak up. The neo cons have done a hell of a job brainwashing the masses. It will take time.

Yea she was being "accused" today of having joined Ron Paul movement on one of the neocon sites run by infamous Frum.

Good observation though, it took time and sadly lot of pain for the masses but there seems to a major change occuring in the country towards RP ideas.

RCA
07-08-2010, 12:27 PM
Does recent Ann Coulter call for resignation of one of neocon ring leaders Bill Kristol mark a major change in the thinking of The Right in our politics?

source?

low preference guy
07-08-2010, 12:30 PM
source?

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=176033

Liberty Star
07-08-2010, 12:31 PM
source?

Coulter: Liz Cheney and Bill Kristol Must Resign‎

Ann Coulter: Michael Steele Was 'Right' About Afghanistan
ul 8, 2010 ... In the piece titled "Bill Kristol Must Resign," Coulter also pushed back against conservative critics who called for Steele's resignation ...
www.huffingtonpost.com/.../ann-coulter-michael-steel_n_639233.html

Bill Kristol Must Resign
Ann Coulter. Bill Kristol Must Resign. by Ann Coulter. 07/07/2010. Republican National Committee chairman Michael Steele was absolutely right. ...
www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=37950

Brett
07-08-2010, 12:37 PM
Coulter has already said she agrees with Ron Paul on nearly everything except the Iraq war. She's even come out to say she supports the gold standard. Find another mainstream conservative pundit who would say that.

The real test is the endorsement/support in 2012 though.

heavenlyboy34
07-08-2010, 01:03 PM
If you read the "Kristol must resign (http://anncoulter.com/)" piece, she still uses a lot of neocon propaganda (i.e. "But Iraq also was a state sponsor of terrorism; was attempting to build nuclear weapons (according to endless bipartisan investigations in this country and in Britain -- thanks, liberals!); nurtured and gave refuge to Islamic terrorists -- including the 1993 World Trade Center bombers; was led by a mass murderer who had used weapons of mass destruction; paid bonuses to the families of suicide bombers; had vast oil reserves; and is situated at the heart of a critical region. "). I wouldn't hold out hope for her, but maybe younger people.

GunnyFreedom
07-08-2010, 01:13 PM
Inevitable? no. Far more likely today than in 2008? absolutely. Time to double-down ladies and gents. Coulter still has interventionism on the brain, but this will at least make the subject easier to broach and conquer.

constituent
07-08-2010, 01:25 PM

No, it just represents an intentional narrowing of the definition of "neo-con," to "just them over there."

In other words, "not it."

jmdrake
07-08-2010, 06:29 PM
Inevitable? no. Far more likely today than in 2008? absolutely. Time to double-down ladies and gents. Coulter still has interventionism on the brain, but this will at least make the subject easier to broach and conquer.

^This. And we have to keep our eyes on the real prize. We're really not trying to win over Ann Coulter. We're trying to win over people who listen to Ann Coulter. (And Michael Savage for that matter). As people have pointed out, Ann and Savage are still wrong on Iraq. But Iraq won't be front and center again unless things really go bad again. (Just like nobody cared about Afghanistan until 2008). If key conservatives continue to attack Obama's escalation in Afghanistan then Ron Paul (or whoever runs in 2012) will have a much easier time in the debates when foreign policy comes up.