PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE READ - Need all your feedback

RonPaulCentral
10-14-2007, 09:49 PM
Operation – “We Thank You”

So I was drifting back and forth between consciousness and dream state last night thinking of more creative ways to support Ron Paul and to get his message out. I was thinking of the gentleman that brought flowers to a book signing to provide appreciation on positive Ron Paul comments -- and just how happy and pleased the recipient was to receive the gift.

So I thought – what if we all as a collective group showed our appreciation far more often to those media folks that are objective and brave enough to speak out on television / radio / print about Ron Paul in a positive way – the people that reach large amounts of people – a trend becoming more and more popular as time passes. We need to continue to support that way of thinking.

Everyone appreciates positive recognition from time to time – a simple “Thank you” can go a very long way.

So here is my idea.

#1: Setup a website where supporters simply go to the website and sign up for their name and city/state to be on the “Thank you letter.” – No cost just joining the list.

#2: A method on the website to donate a few dollars ($1, $2, $5) to a “general fund” to purchase thank you gifts. Doesn’t have to be a lot at all these gifts are inexpensive. We could keep $300-500 “on hand” to make a buy when we needed. Not everyone joining the "appreciation list" is required to donate money - only if they choose.

Some examples of gifts could be:

http://www.gourmetgiftbaskets.com/Thank-You-Gift-Baskets.asp

http://www.gifts.com/search/product/The-Perfect-Pair-Wine-Gift-Box?ideaID=4247&prodID=49819

These are just examples they were the first ones that I just grabbed real quick of the net. By no means is it intended to be an exhaustive list.

#3: When our members notice a bang-up positive national media piece they log on to the website and post it to the website. The website members vote to send a gift or not. Majority opinion wins.

If we get a majority we pull form the fund and have an appropriate gift (depending on the host / writer) delivered to the media personality at their studio right in front of their co-workers.

They would receive the thank you gift and a letter (with everyone’s names and city/state on it) along these lines:

“All of the undersigned want to thank you for your objective and fair reporting on [xxxxxx] date and time on [xxxxxxx] network regarding Ron Paul. We want to thank you for taking the steps to share with your [viewers, listeners, or readers – whatever applies] the opportunity to learn more about a very special candidate for President in 2008. Please keep up the great work and we look forward to [watching / listening / reading ] more about what you have to say. Best Wishes… [names follow].”

Easy, simple and direct.

I think that if we as a large collective reach out to these folks and just say “Thank you” from time to time it will go a long way.

Thoughts and comments please.

Brett

steph3n
10-14-2007, 09:59 PM
they may start to think we are bribing them ;)

RonPaulCentral
10-14-2007, 10:01 PM

You really think they would feel bribed? I kind of slide along the path of maybe they would think "these people sure are dedicated". Heck, if it is a gal and she gets flowers I don't think she would really give a damn. :) LOL

Thanks for the input.

RonPaulCentral
10-14-2007, 10:06 PM

I just noticed the ......... ;)

steph3n
10-14-2007, 10:10 PM
I am trying to think of ways to really make the media, we shouldn't be rewarding them for the little coverage, but trying to get coverage on a regular basis at all. I was REALYL glad to see today that headline news was running 'Who is Ron Paul" over and over throughout the day. We should really think of other ways to get him in here.

richard1984
10-14-2007, 10:12 PM
I am trying to think of ways to really make the media, we shouldn't be rewarding them for the little coverage, but trying to get coverage on a regular basis at all. I was REALYL glad to see today that headline news was running 'Who is Ron Paul" over and over throughout the day. We should really think of other ways to get him in here.

Like taking over the stations? I'm down! ;)

Ron Paul Fan
10-14-2007, 10:14 PM
I don't agree that it's a good use of funds. Why are we sending flowers to everyone simply for doing their jobs? I do my job everyday and no one on here sends me flowers damnit! So I voted no and would encourage my fellow forum members to join me in doing the same.

RonPaulCentral
10-14-2007, 10:24 PM
I don't agree that it's a good use of funds. Why are we sending flowers to everyone simply for doing their jobs? I do my job everyday and no one on here sends me flowers damnit! So I voted no and would encourage my fellow forum members to join me in doing the same.

Would you feel better if someone sent you some? :p

LibertyEagle
10-14-2007, 10:34 PM
Well, let's see.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but my understanding is that we wasted over $200 in the 1st failed attempt at delivering flowers to Laura.

Then, we wasted another $200 in attempting to deliver flowers to Joy Behar.

Hhhmmm..... I'm thinking this is not a good use of funds.

Note: Good intentions from everyone involved, but unless we can personally hand the flowers to them, as what ultimately happened with Laura, it seems to me that we are just throwing our money away. To each their own though.

RP4ME
10-14-2007, 10:35 PM
Well, let's see.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but my understanding is that we wasted over $200 in the 1st failed attempt at delivering flowers to Laura.

Then, we wasted another $200 in attempting to deliver flowers to Joy Behar.

Hhhmmm..... I'm thinking this is not a good use of funds.

Did they not get delivered?

reduen
10-14-2007, 11:09 PM
I'm all for this kind of idea!

I do agree though that we would need to make sure that the money is not wasted.. :)

RonPaulCentral
10-15-2007, 12:29 AM
I'm all for this kind of idea!

I do agree though that we would need to make sure that the money is not wasted.. :)

See I don't want to waste money either -- however....

This is so inexpensive ($50-100 per delivery) that if we sway even ONE hard hitter on TV the number of new people new can bring in can be HUGE.

I really believe that if we can show some appreciation and respect to these folks it can go a long way.

I have had little response to this poll but it has been the best averages (for/against) that I have seen out of my numerous suggestions. I have therefore decided to bypass the effort of developing a website to do this and just send them myself with a personal thank you.

Hey -- every little bit works -- I just thought it would have more impact if a Thank you gift came with 5000 signatures vs 1 would be better.

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Best Wishes.

Dr. B

saahmed
10-15-2007, 01:31 AM
I think if it starts happening too much it will get kind of creepy and annoying. I think it would feel like somewhat of a bribe too. I think we should just worry about spreading the word our own way and if the media wants to tag a long then so be it, otherwise to hell with them.

Ron Paul Fan
10-15-2007, 01:47 AM
By the power vested in me, I now declare this poll closed. By a vote of 13-12, the No's have it!

fj45lvr
10-15-2007, 03:43 AM
Why don't we give em a few thousand dollars every time and try to compete with the other candidates???

It's not as if they are the "free" press anymore.