PDA

View Full Version : California Split Almost Evenly On Prop 19 (Legalize and LOCAL tax)

dannno
07-08-2010, 01:15 AM
http://elections.firedoglake.com/2010/06/30/california-split-almost-evenly-on-prop-19-few-left-undecided-about-marijuana-legalization/

So there is no $25/oz. state tax or whatever they were going after, apparently.

Prop 19 will make cannabis legal and leave it up to local jurisdictions to regulate and tax.

Apparently that changes the polling data a little, or perhaps the margin of error ran against our favor.

I still can't imagine this not passing..

Humanae Libertas
07-08-2010, 02:07 AM
Still a long way to go 'til November. I'm sure support for legalization will increase in the oncoming months.

The hard part about it is convincing social-conservatives to support legalization.

lynnf
07-08-2010, 03:06 AM
Still a long way to go 'til November. I'm sure support for legalization will increase in the oncoming months.

The hard part about it is convincing social-conservatives to support legalization.

convincing social-conservatives - can't happen

lynn

parocks
07-08-2010, 03:15 AM

The poll, of likely voters, has it tied. Younger voters are less likely to be likely voters, but I'm guessing they'd show up to vote yes on 19.

I don't think too many social conservatives will be supporting this legislation.
Wouldn't there be many more social liberals or social moderates in California anyway?

Over on Free Republic, plenty are yes on 19, but the social conservatives are no on 19.

tremendoustie
07-08-2010, 03:36 AM
It could be that fiscal woes could convince a few social conservatives.

Really, "social conservative" is too kind a word. I'm a social conservative. They're more like "violent busybodies".

WaltM
07-08-2010, 03:39 AM
I still can't imagine this not passing..

Don't underestimate the voting power and stupidity of Californians.

Noob
07-08-2010, 09:25 AM
They just probley flip the vote to make it seem like they voted it down if it looks like it was going to pass.

Reason
07-08-2010, 09:36 AM
If all the douchebag mormon churches come out against it even 1/2 as hard as they came out against marriage equality then it will have a hard time passing prob.

dannno
07-08-2010, 10:05 AM
If all the douchebag mormon churches come out against it even 1/2 as hard as they came out against marriage equality then it will have a hard time passing prob.

From the LDS Church's 'Doctrine and Covenants' Chapter 89, Verse 11

Every herb in the season thereof, and every fruit in the season thereof; all these to be used with prudence and thanksgiving.