PDA

View Full Version : They found Waldo! Conway actually to join Rand at a forum tomorrow....

sailingaway
07-07-2010, 07:34 PM
http://wfpltheedit.wordpress.com/2010/07/07/paul-and-conway-to-appear-at-forum-thursday/

" Paul And Conway To Appear At Forum Thursday
July 7, 2010 in Local News, Politics | by gabebullard

The Kentucky County Judge Executive Association and the Kentucky Municipal Clerks Association are holding a forum Thursday morning between Senate candidates Jack Conway (D) and Rand Paul (R). WFPL will cover it and we will hopefully have an mp3 posted online. "

Unless of course, Conway just blows it off on short notice like that oil and gas event.

BamaFanNKy
07-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Rand better bring his "A" game. This is where you can get the press of issues back on CONway.

rprprs
07-07-2010, 08:11 PM
The Kentucky County Judge Executive Association and the Kentucky Municipal Clerks Association as hosts. Why do I not like the sound of that?

BamaFanNKy
07-07-2010, 08:17 PM
In Louisville to boot.

sailingaway
07-07-2010, 08:31 PM
The Kentucky County Judge Executive Association and the Kentucky Municipal Clerks Association as hosts. Why do I not like the sound of that?

You might want to check out Marcus's blog for some potential background.

sailingaway
07-07-2010, 08:32 PM
In Louisville to boot.

Fisa and the patriot act, fisa and the patriot act....

And MAKE conway take a position on cap and trade.....

If Rand just lets himself be himself, there is no issue at all. He was first debating for a senatorial seat when he was 17. He just has to be himself, and woo the independent voters.

The GOP he doesn't already have by now he is never going to get. But he could get MOST of the independents and a good bunch of the Dems.

Look at Ron's support with independents, against Obama, nationwide, in the PPP and Rasmussen polls of them running head to head.

Chieftain1776
07-07-2010, 08:56 PM
Fisa and the patriot act, fisa and the patriot act...

Look I think Jack is such a sleazy opportunist that he'll probably attack Rand on those two once he's done scamming lefties out of their dollars during the summer. Unless there is some polling that shows Independents oppose this then I think Rand should just focus on Iraq where everyone knows he opposed it--including the Kentucky conservative base that voted for him over Grayson. There's a PPP poll that shows the base agreed with going into Iraq and knew that Rand opposed it but still voted for him anyway.

If he emphasizes FISA and the PATRIOT ACT he might lose GOPers and won't pick up jack from the hypocritical "progressives" that won't leave their Obama cult. Seriously one thing I've learned this year is how craven and despicable liberals are when it comes to politics. If you look at their actions and some of the comments I've seen they would gleefully use Rand's support of civil liberties against him if it meant a couple points in the polls.

sailingaway
07-07-2010, 08:59 PM
Look I think Jack is such a sleazy opportunist that he'll probably attack Rand on those two once he's done scamming lefties out of their dollars during the summer. Unless there is some polling that shows Independents oppose this then I think Rand should just focus on Iraq where everyone knows he opposed it--including the Kentucky conservative base that voted for him over Grayson. There's a PPP poll that shows the base agreed with going into Iraq and knew that Rand opposed it but still voted for him anyway.

If he emphasizes FISA and the PATRIOT ACT he might lose GOPers and won't pick up jack from the hypocritical "progressives" that won't leave their Obama cult. Seriously one thing I've learned this year is how craven and despicable liberals are when it comes to politics. If you look at their actions and some of the comments I've seen they would gleefully use Rand's support of civil liberties against him if it meant a couple points in the polls.

He has already said multiple times he is against the Patriot act. The GOP knows it. The Dems DON'T know Conway is FOR it. They are doing all their fighting in 'Rand's territory' and need to do some fighting in 'Conway's.'

Chieftain1776
07-07-2010, 09:03 PM
He has already said multiple times he is against the Patriot act. The GOP knows it. The Dems DON'T know Conway is FOR it. They are doing all their fighting in 'Rand's territory' and need to do some fighting in 'Conway's.'

Eh..it's not as a clear cut of a winner amongst independents while Iraq is. Among progressives maybe on the issue they'd agree with Rand but as I've said--given the stuff I've seen--they are craven hypocrites when it comes to politics.

paulitics
07-07-2010, 09:07 PM

The independents care about these issues and they are what will decide the election, not the partisan braindead zombies. The independents are a bigger demographic than I have ever seen before, and that is who Rand should court if he wants to win.

Chieftain1776
07-07-2010, 09:10 PM
The independents care about these issues and they are what will decide the election, not the partisan braindead zombies. The independents are a bigger demographic than I have ever seen before, and that is who Rand should court if he wants to win.

Again, is there polling that shows that Independents oppose the Patriot Act/FISA?

specsaregood
07-07-2010, 09:12 PM
Again, is there polling that shows that Independents oppose the Patriot Act/FISA?

I don't know about that one personally. But 70% of all americans support ending all foreign aid. Thats a winner topic, worth adding to the stump speach.

sailingaway
07-07-2010, 09:13 PM

There is polling showing they support Ron Paul. I extrapolated....:o

Chieftain1776
07-07-2010, 09:27 PM
There is polling showing they support Ron Paul. I extrapolated....:o

Here's one from 2005 that shows narrow support among independents for extending the PATRIOT Act: http://abcnews.go.com/US/PollVault/story?id=833703
"
The thing is I don't think people will care either way because even "National Security" "conservatives" didn't even care in the primary. I really think it's going to come down to who is better for the economy and spending and who has the most campaign dollars to make their case on who is better on those issues.

The sad and despicable thing is I also stumbled across this (http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/06/angle-undecided-on-patriot-act-in-04.php) from a key left wing site. Look at them trying to make Angle's possible opposition to the PATRIOT Act a possible liability. Also look a the comments... do you see what craven political hacks they are? I think they just worship political power and more government because they think they'll be the wise "anointed ones" running it one day.

I mean these people derive their livelihood from blogging, political activism, and positions in government so why wouldn't they just want more of it and demonize anyone that might stand in the way of a higher income and more prestige? It's not just ideology at stake it's personal profit.

specsaregood
07-07-2010, 09:29 PM
The thing is I don't think people will care either way because even conservatives didn't even care in the primary. I really think it's going to come down to who is better for the economy and spending and who has the most campaign dollars to make their case on who is better on those issues.

We have a winner. Neither the left or the right care about the patriot act right now. And conway supports it. It is all about the economy, debt and just money in general.

Romulus
07-07-2010, 09:55 PM
stick to Obamacare and out of control spending/deficits, then on to cap and tax, etc - Rand needs to attack!

sailingaway
07-07-2010, 10:01 PM
stick to Obamacare and out of control spending/deficits, then on to cap and tax, etc - Rand needs to attack!

I agree he needs to attack. I'd just like him to do something to excite HIS base, too, the base he let down in DC, so to speak. HIS base just trashed McConnell in the ppp poll, by the way.

jct74
07-08-2010, 01:05 AM
Conway supports the Patriot Act? I'm not suprised, but somebody PLEASE provide a link. I'd love to see that information.

7_digitz
07-08-2010, 01:09 AM
^a lot of his supporters dont know that conway was for the war in iraq either

Rand better bring his "A" game. This is where you can get the press of issues back on CONway.

totally agree. rand should blitz him

Nathan Hale
07-08-2010, 06:46 AM
Okay Tubers - please get a video on youtube of this event! All of us out-the-staters would thank you profusely for it!

molly_pitcher
07-08-2010, 07:56 AM
Is it even supposed to be televised?

TheDriver
07-08-2010, 10:23 AM
http://cmsimg.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=B2&Date=20100708&Category=NEWS01&ArtNo=7080323&Ref=AR&MaxW=318&Border=0

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20100708/NEWS01/7080323

sailingaway
07-08-2010, 10:28 AM
http://cmsimg.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=B2&Date=20100708&Category=NEWS01&ArtNo=7080323&Ref=AR&MaxW=318&Border=0

LOL!!

Got to love that body language!!

low preference guy
07-08-2010, 10:31 AM
Rand needs to be more relaxed. He shouldn't look like he is tense when appearing with Jacko.

MRoCkEd
07-08-2010, 10:34 AM

Look forward to video!

sailingaway
07-08-2010, 11:35 AM
Rand needs to be more relaxed. He shouldn't look like he is tense when appearing with Jacko.

Because Connie looks relaxed? He looks like he's trying not to cry. Rand looks pissed.

I want to see video!

jct74
07-08-2010, 12:31 PM
He has already said multiple times he is against the Patriot act.

WHERE? Someone please help a brother out and provide a link or tell me where he said it. I need to have it.

EDIT: Oops. This is what I meant to quote:

The Dems DON'T know Conway is FOR it

MRoCkEd
07-08-2010, 12:38 PM
WHERE? Someone please help a brother out and provide a link or tell me where he said it. I need to have it.

Starts at 5:45
YouTube - Rand Paul on Fox News Freedom Watch 5-20-09 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HSm296-oS8#t=5m45s)

sailingaway
07-08-2010, 12:50 PM

I'll get one of them for you. they are all over. I'll post it here, so check back.

Here is the most recent place I saw it: http://libertymaven.com/2010/06/27/rand-paul-interview-with-liberty-maven-on-money-bomb-eve/10084/

" LM: There has been a litany of anti-freedom laws passed and unconstitutional policies made in recent years. Obama has continued many of the Bush policies regarding foreign policy. I recall Judge Andrew Napolitano saying, in an interview prior to Obama entering office, that he had hoped that Obama would be good on civil liberties and overturn (as he promised during his campaign) the Patriot Act or at least allow it to sunset. The Judge’s hope was unfounded when it was extended again. What is your position on the Patriot Act in particular, and executive power as it pertains to civil liberties, in general?

Rand Paul: I think that one of the tragedies of the 20th Century is that Presidential power has grown dramatically and Congressional power has correspondingly diminished. I think that the Patriot Act was a mistake, because I think that the 4th Amendment is a precious part of the Bill of Rights and we should protect the 4th Amendment. We don’t want to have unreasonable search and seizure of our houses without a judge’s warrant. That is a very important safeguard that was diminished by the Patriot Act. I think that the American people, if we were allowed to explain to them that the necessity of the 4th Amendment in protecting you from an overzealous government, would be on our side on this issue. "

jct74
07-08-2010, 12:54 PM
Starts at 5:45
YouTube - Rand Paul on Fox News Freedom Watch 5-20-09 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HSm296-oS8#t=5m45s)

Thanks MRoCkEd, but I screwed up. I meant to quote where sailingaway said Conway is FOR the Patriot Act. That is what I am seeking: evidence of Conway supporting the Patriot Act.