PDA

View Full Version : Candidate Obama outlines his Afghanistan War Strategy

Brian4Liberty
07-07-2010, 02:42 PM
While a candidate for President, Barrack Obama gave a speech outlining his "new strategy" for war in Afghanistan. Does that make it "Obama's War"? At this point, it's just semantics and word mincing. We can leave that to Michael Steele and Bill Kristol to fight over (ideally with boxing gloves). There is no doubt that Obama outlined his personal War Strategy for Afghanistan, and has been implementing it since he took office:

YouTube - Barack Obama on Afghanistan and Pakistan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vpCBpTbEds)

surf
07-07-2010, 02:57 PM
Fuck him. i don't care if he said he'd do this; i care that he's doing this. this is his war now as he is the "commander in chief."

"this is a war we have to win..." define win, please, you dumbass political piece of shit.

"we can not lose Afghanistan to a future of narco-terrorism." fuck you and John McCain, Mr. President.

jmdrake
07-07-2010, 03:00 PM
Thanks for posting this! I've been arguing with some Obama supporters who want to claim he was "forced" into sending more troops.

But there is another problem. On a certain level candidate Obama was right. Iraq was never a legitimate focal point for the "war on terror". And Pakistan has been a nexus for terrorism. What he left out of his speech is that Pakistan initially became a nexus for terrorism at the behest of the U.S. Unraveling the GWOT require people understanding this at some level IMHO.

Bruno
07-07-2010, 03:02 PM
Thanks for posting this! I've been arguing with some Obama supporters who want to claim he was "forced" into sending more troops.
But there is another problem. On a certain level candidate Obama was right. Iraq was never a legitimate focal point for the "war on terror". And Pakistan has been a nexus for terrorism. What he left out of his speech is that Pakistan initially became a nexus for terrorism at the behest of the U.S. Unraveling the GWOT require people understanding this at some level IMHO.

they weren't/didn't want to pay attention to what he was actually saying at the time.

catdd
07-07-2010, 04:17 PM
they weren't/didn't want to pay attention to what he was actually saying at the time.

They just liked the "way" he said it.

erowe1
07-07-2010, 04:24 PM
They just liked the "way" he said it.

They just liked the way Will.I.Am said it, and didn't realize that Obama's speeches didn't automatically come out of his mouth sounding like hip hop songs.

Brian4Liberty
07-07-2010, 07:59 PM
It could have been something like the drunk driving debate. People who think the drunk driving laws have gone too far say "Hey, cell phones are just as dangerous!", hoping to limit the laws. (Wrong!) Just like hoping that "Hey, Afghanistan is where the terrorists are" will limit the wars. Of course government has only one solution to any argument like that: more government power, more laws, less liberty.

Anti-war Obama supporters probably thought that Obama's argument was a way to end the wars. They were terribly wrong.