PDA

View Full Version : La. Gov. Bobby Jindal Signs 'Guns-In-Church' Bill Into Law

bobbyw24
07-07-2010, 01:16 PM
Gov. Bobby Jindal has signed into law one of the more controversial bills from the recent legislative session, one allowing guns to be carried into houses of worship.
bobby_jindal_barataria_bay.JPGView full sizeGregory Bull, The Associated PressGov. Bobby Jindal was photographed at Barataria Bay on July 1.

Jindal's office said Tuesday the governor acted on the bill in the past few days after receiving it June 20.

Including the "gun-in-church" bill, House Bill 1272 by Rep. Henry Burns, R-Haughton, Jindal has signed into law 940 of the 1,067 bills the Legislature sent him, vetoed 12, and used his pen to line-item spending measures in four different budget bills.

Burns' bill would authorize persons who qualified to carry concealed weapons having passed the training and background checks to bring them to churches, mosques, synagogues or other houses of worship as part of a security force.

The pastor or head of the religious institution must announce verbally or in weekly newsletters or bulletins that there will be individuals armed on the property as members of he security force. Those chosen have to undergo eight hours of tactical training each year.

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2010/07/gov_bobby_jindal_signs_bills_a.html

Toureg89
07-07-2010, 05:41 PM
lol, idk why its controversial. shouldnt be any more controversial than carrying guns around "innocent little children" at the mall (probably ever CC state), or "hormone raging college students" (Utah, CC on campus)

libertybrewcity
07-07-2010, 09:16 PM
bump for more freedom

rmodel65
07-07-2010, 10:01 PM
lol, idk why its controversial. shouldnt be any more controversial than carrying guns around "innocent little children" at the mall (probably ever CC state), or "hormone raging college students" (Utah, CC on campus)

its not only 4 states ban carry in churches and one is my state of Georgia....but i know people who carry anyway

silus
07-07-2010, 11:35 PM
I don't understand how government tells Churches what is allowed on their property? Is this just based on the tax shield they receive??

youngbuck
07-07-2010, 11:53 PM
Das ist sehr ausgezeichnet.

Southron
07-08-2010, 06:57 AM
I don't understand how government tells Churches what is allowed on their property? Is this just based on the tax shield they receive??

Perhaps they were afraid of militant churches?

rmodel65
07-08-2010, 01:51 PM
Perhaps they were afraid of militant churches?

no they are off limits because the states wanted to control where black people talked about political things....http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/racist-roots-of-ga-gun-laws.pdf

if you disarm people where they meet you can force them to leave etc....

Toureg89
07-08-2010, 04:17 PM
^wow...thats why i always try to remember the Rosewood massacres...and why i hate i cringe at having a "democracy"

Pericles
07-08-2010, 04:59 PM
Das ist sehr ausgezeichnet.

genau