PDA

View Full Version : Look what Tucker did for us on YouTube

dircha
10-14-2007, 09:03 PM
Tucker Carlson's appearance on Bill Maher's show where he 1) tells crossover voters to stop supporting Ron Paul, 2) tells people that Ron Paul is a fad, and 3) tells people that Ron Paul wants to throw government dependents out on the streets, is in the Top 5 on YouTube today and has ~ 65,000 views.

Just what we need. Possibly 65,000 crossover and new voters, discouraged from voting for Ron Paul thanks to our "friend", Tucker Carlson.

No, I'm not going to link to it. You know how to get to YouTube. "TUCKER CARLSON *CAN WE ALL STOP PRETENDING TO LIKE RON PAUL*"

That's what some of you peoples' precious Tucker Carlson has done for us.

"Oh, he's using reverse psychology!"

"Oh, this will encourage people to go learn about Ron Paul."

"Oh, isn't Tucker dreamy!"

NO, it's discouraging potential new and crossover voters by belittling Dr. Paul's candidacy and misrepresenting his positions.

We could have had a video in the top 5 on YouTube with Tucker praising Ron Paul, reinforcing Behar's and Maher's positive comments, or even NO VIDEO AT ALL, but instead we have this douche, Tucker, 1) belittling and misrepresenting Dr. Paul, 2) disrupting positive discussion of Paul, and 3) making it difficult for these left-leaning folks who genuinely admire Paul to talk positively about him in the future, right up on YouTube with 65,000 and counting viewers.

I've had it with Tucker fanbois. He is no friend of liberty. Tucker Carlson is the same worthless schmuck he was on Crossfire, the same spineless slime he's always been.

Thanks Tucker. Thanks. And thanks to all his supporters here. You guys really make a difference, you know that?

0zzy
10-14-2007, 09:06 PM
He's like an emo kid who found out their favorite underground band became #1 in the charts and saying "U DONT EVEN KNOW THEM! ITS JUST A FAD TO U! IVE BEEN SUPPORTING THEM SINCE THEY WERE CREATED! U POSERS!"

terlinguatx
10-14-2007, 09:07 PM

ross11988
10-14-2007, 09:08 PM
The people who watch the clip arnt going to listen to Tucker, they are going to see the clip of Ron Paul from the debate and admire him.

lonestarguy
10-14-2007, 09:10 PM
damn, the media military industrial complex of gangsters must of finally gotten to tuck. what's tuck's email?...after we're all thru with him, he'll have RP on for more than one seg.

DJ RP
10-14-2007, 09:10 PM
I agree that people saying "oooh tucker is clever he's using reverse psychology" are misguided. I think Tucker just says douche things.

Ron Paul Fan
10-14-2007, 09:11 PM
This is stupid. Do you really think Tucker's opinion is valued around the country? You don't know if it will encourage or discourage people about Ron Paul unless you can read minds. Tucker's comment was a jab at the current state of America, not Ron Paul. People have become so used to government taking care of them and they can't take care of themselves anymore. That's what Tucker was saying and it's true!

TheMikael
10-14-2007, 09:12 PM
He's like an emo kid who found out their favorite underground band became #1 in the charts and saying "U DONT EVEN KNOW THEM! ITS JUST A FAD TO U! IVE BEEN SUPPORTING THEM SINCE THEY WERE CREATED! U POSERS!"
:D

specsaregood
I liked the clip. Tucker has given Ron Paul more positive media time than any other show. I'm no fanboy but I see exactly what he was doing. He was insulting the liberals, telling them that they couldn't/wouldn't want to take care of themselves. Don't forget he did say that he agrees with everything Ron Paul says. And "I'm a Ron Paul man". This did no harm.

And the clip of Ron Paul was great.

born2drv
I hate to break it to you, but what Tucker said is correct.

"The liberals who love him would hate him"

That's the honest truth. The liberals out there that are for gun rights, in favor of abortion, gay marriage, etc, would never support Ron Paul, so on a social level they're polar opposites.

Liberals also want all the entitlements and social programs from the government that Ron Paul wants to take away.

They only support him because he's anti-war. And that's fine, but if they knew what he really stood for, they would oppose him.

Now if I were Tucker I wouldn't have said it just like that, but it's the truth, and he does have to keep things in perspective from time to time if he wants to be taken seriously as a non-biased source of journalism. If he was all lovey-dovey for Paul all the time, it would be a conflict of interest.

Tucker has been very good to us overall, and this one statement doesn't phase me in the slightest.

Perry
10-14-2007, 09:13 PM
OP is worthless without links. Without the exact context the entire conversation is open to interpretation. Please remember the unwritten forum rules.

dircha
10-14-2007, 09:15 PM
The people who watch the clip arnt going to listen to Tucker, they are going to see the clip of Ron Paul from the debate and admire him.

You don't think they're going to see the title of the clip:

"TUCKER CARLSON *CAN WE ALL STOP PRETENDING TO LOVE RON PAUL*"???

Or based on the title be looking for Tucker Carlson, as described, to interrupt everyone and say, "CAN WE ALL STOP PRETENDING TO LOVE RON PAUL?"

And then proceed to belittle his candidacy and misrepresent his positions?

Stop with the ridiculous rationalizations. Tucker is a schmuck and he is creating damaging negative press for us, for no reason whatsoever, other than to say "ME ME ME" as voice his whiney little opinion.

dircha
OP is worthless without links. Without the exact context the entire conversation is open to interpretation. Please remember the unwritten forum rules.

It's on Youtube. Go to YouTube. Click on the VIDEOS tab to see the top videos for the day. It's currently number 5.

I'm NOT going to link to it, because I don't want to give it more views. You know how to work YouTube.

shepburn
this post is too angery...

Like Tucker or not, he has given our hero the MOST air time BAR NONE!!!

If you are going to HATE on someone ... focus on another talk show host. There are plenty who won't even let callers mention Ron Pauls name.

uncle saddam
10-14-2007, 09:16 PM
I'm not too concerned - if someone would be swayed that easily by Tucker, I doubt they would be very loyal anyways.

And matter of fact, he wasn't far off, except the part about 'most liberals wouldn't support him...' - that's debatable.

Just keep your chin up and remember that we hold The Truth - there's no escaping it!

jd603
10-14-2007, 09:17 PM
no Tucker's been taking a shot or two at Ron on some shows lately, as of last few weeks. Something happened... I have no idea what but something happened. MSNBC management have a talk with him? Someone put him on the payroll to downplay Ron? Or he's just a douche bag? probably some other possibilites I forgot, hehe.

I agree that people saying "oooh tucker is clever he's using reverse psychology" are misguided. I think Tucker just says douche things.

BarryDonegan
10-14-2007, 09:20 PM
tuckers rep with young people isn't so great.

Jojo
10-14-2007, 09:22 PM
That was a stupid thing to say Tucker! But.. when Bill Maher said "there are a lot of things RP says that I don't agree with", Tucker said (but not loud enough!) "but I do, I agree with him".

dircha
10-14-2007, 09:24 PM

That's the honest truth. The liberals out there that are for gun rights, in favor of abortion, gay marriage, etc, would never support Ron Paul, so on a social level they're polar opposites.

Liberals also want all the entitlements and social programs from the government that Ron Paul wants to take away.

They only support him because he's anti-war. And that's fine, but if they knew what he really stood for, they would oppose him.

Now if I were Tucker I wouldn't have said it just like that, but it's the truth, and he does have to keep things in perspective from time to time if he wants to be taken seriously as a non-biased source of journalism. If he was all lovey-dovey for Paul all the time, it would be a conflict of interest.

Tucker has been very good to us overall, and this one statement doesn't phase me in the slightest.

No!

Ron Paul would not throw people out on the street. Ron Paul could not, and would not if he could, implement a radical Libertarian policy agenda in his presidency. Instead he would work toward a transition period that would still provide the people we have taught to be dependent on government the level of care and support they have come to depend on. He would do this by drastically reducing foreign and military funding.

There is no conflict of interest. Tucker is on this program as a media personality to give his personal opinions. He is not on Bill Maher's show as a reporter or journalist. His isn't even a journalist on his own show.

Ron Paul is not only popular with crossover and new voters because of his antiwar position.

Ron Paul is the only viable candidate we can count on to end the war in Iraq as soon as possible; Hillary and Obama won't, they've said as much.

Ron Paul is the only viable candidate we can count on to stop the march to war with Iran; Hillary and Obama have stated they will leave open the option of a nuclear first strike.

Ron Paul is the only candidate we can count on to drastically curtail government secrecy and government abuse of our civil rights.

All of these are the most important reasons why Ron Paul is popular with crossover and new voters. And these are all things that he really can accomplish in a presidency with a Democratically controlled House and Senate.

We're counting on these people to help get the word out, and hopefully even to vote!

Please don't support people who use their media pulpits to belittle and misrepresent our Dr. Paul.

ButchHowdy
10-14-2007, 09:24 PM
Ya vant links?

http://cjrarchives.org/tools/owners/ge.asp

Comment: If GE owns 80% of NBC and GE also likes to build all these war toys . . . .?

Ron Paul Fan
10-14-2007, 09:28 PM
I've got some breaking news for you dircha: Ron Paul owns YouTube! You ask people on the street and they either won't know who Tucker Carlson is or they'll remember he's the douche bag that John Stewart pwned. The Crossfire where Stewart reamed Tucker has over 600,000 views. Stop fretting over this little incident. Tucker has had Congressman Paul on his show more than anyone and he voted for him in '88. Tucker said that he agrees with Paul and likes him on the Bill Maher show. He was simply poking fun at the liberal audience, Maher, Krugman, and Behar. Tucker was surrounded by liberals!

me3
10-14-2007, 09:29 PM
Tucker gave Ron Paul a kickass interview on 10/10 I believe.

This guy actually voted for Paul in 1988, he's promoted him numerous times. I think he has the credibility to believe that he knew what he was doing on Bill Maher. I think he was playing the gadfly (new word I learned from the MSM re: RP) and giving true conservatives who see the comments a chance to realize that there is a real conservative republican out there.

And part of me wants to believe that what Tucker is saying, is that if people don't want to be responsible for themselves, then little can be done about it.

CurtisLow
10-14-2007, 09:29 PM
Tucker Carlson was a hard core RP guy, I see it as his boss or bosses have got on his ass about saying good thinks about RP and it came down the chain to forcibly change his mind about RP and what he says about him.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
10-14-2007, 09:30 PM
I actually agree with him. Ron Paul is a radical. So am I. Most people aren't, however. Polls show that only around 10% of the population are real Libertarians. Mostly because, like Ron says, people have learned to become dependent on the government. Its mass public conditioning.

Dustancostine
10-14-2007, 09:31 PM
People come here and complain that people are sheep, and then turn around and act like sheep/chicken little. It is not the end of the world. Everything that Tucker said was true and is not going to cost RP a vote. Get over it.

partypooper
10-14-2007, 09:32 PM
I actually agree with him. Ron Paul is a radical. So am I. Most people aren't, however. Polls show that only around 10% of the population are real Libertarians. Mostly because, like Ron says, people have learned to become dependent on the government. Its mass public conditioning.

Well, if that is so then lets just pack our bags and leave.

uncle saddam
10-14-2007, 09:32 PM
For your viewing pleasure:

Jon Stewart on Crossfire (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFQFB5YpDZE) :D

CARLSON: I do think you're more fun on your show. Just my opinion.

(CROSSTALK)

CARLSON: OK, up next, Jon Stewart goes one on one with his fans...

(CROSSTALK)

STEWART: You know what's interesting, though? You're as big a dick on your show as you are on any show.

quickmike
10-14-2007, 09:39 PM
Im not saying Tucker is using reverse psychology to get people to like Ron Paul. Im saying that whatever hes doing is going to backfire on him.

You people who think Tucker Carlsons word is gospel amaze me. LOL

Before he started talking good about Ron Paul, everyone called Tucker a dick. Most people think hes a smarmy little bastard so why do you think people will take what he says and just run with it?

I dont understand the logic.

Question_Authority
10-14-2007, 09:39 PM
This is stupid. Do you really think Tucker's opinion is valued around the country? You don't know if it will encourage or discourage people about Ron Paul unless you can read minds. Tucker's comment was a jab at the current state of America, not Ron Paul. People have become so used to government taking care of them and they can't take care of themselves anymore. That's what Tucker was saying and it's true!

Yeah, and that same American public are so smart they are really going to get the underlying message. Sheesh.

RP4ME
10-14-2007, 09:41 PM
I hate Tucker carlson!!!!!:mad:

I love Tucker carlson!!!!!!:D

Question_Authority
10-14-2007, 09:42 PM

But it was not just this one statement. He also ridiculed RP (and supporters) and oversimplified his views on the Tucker show after the $5M numbers came out. This was on the same show where he vehementyl defended Rush about the phony soldiers comment for 2 long segments. RP got one short segment full of smear and misinformation.

me3
10-14-2007, 09:43 PM
Please don't support people who use their media pulpits to belittle and misrepresent our Dr. Paul.
Tucker shares my Libertarian views. I will support him. I think he's annoying, but in a good way. It takes agitators to stimulate politics.

All this time wasted censuring Tucker, it's kinda like the politicians on the hill taking time to condemn MoveOn.org when we are in the middle of a war. Much more important things we can be doing with our time. Like learning about Austrian economics for one...

Question_Authority
10-14-2007, 09:44 PM
this post is too angery...

Like Tucker or not, he has given our hero the MOST air time BAR NONE!!!

If you are going to HATE on someone ... focus on another talk show host. There are plenty who won't even let callers mention Ron Pauls name.

I'd rather Tucker stop mentioning Ron Paul now, frankly. With Tucker as a friend, RP needs no enemies

me3
10-14-2007, 09:44 PM
Watch this from Oct 10, and tell me Tucker is a hater.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m7KLznKljU

Ron Paul Fan
10-14-2007, 09:46 PM
Yeah, and that same American public are so smart they are really going to get the underlying message. Sheesh.

I must have been sleeping when Tucker Carlson's words became the gospel for all liberals out there! It's not like Ronald Reagan came back from the dead and told people to stop loving Ron Paul. Sheesh.

american.swan
10-14-2007, 09:47 PM

I think this just about sums up what Tucker said. He doesn't believe the mass populous knows what Ron Paul really stands for and even if they did know he says they wouldn't be interested in controlling their own lives. It isn't that he tried to hurt Ron Paul's chances, what I think he did what state what he really believes and that is that the mass of people WANT the government to run their lives. I think was trying to dis the Liberal audience he was in front of. And the vast majority of Liberals want the government to run their lives.

I think Tucker went too far. It doesn't look good.

steph3n
10-14-2007, 09:50 PM
t tell you the truth, Jon asks more hard hitting questions than the MSM or cable media.

For your viewing pleasure:

Jon Stewart on Crossfire (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFQFB5YpDZE) :D

kylejack
10-14-2007, 09:55 PM
Tucker, keep up the good work.

Tina
10-14-2007, 09:58 PM

That is all very subjective...

L4RP
10-14-2007, 10:06 PM
As for me, I'm just bummed Tucker lost the signature bow tie after getting flack for it.. :(

Omnis
10-14-2007, 10:10 PM
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_7NELg0wR8

Taco John
10-14-2007, 10:12 PM
Tucker is a useless cynic who doesn't actually believe in the freedom message. He's dead weight. He thinks people are naturally repulsed by the message.

He's not the genuine article.

G-khan
10-14-2007, 10:20 PM
I think it was good and ok and in fact I bet Ron Paul will go on The View soon. She said they were all pussies and I bet Ron Paul shows up - they are setting him up to be the only one with balls..

You watch he will be on the View!

Hook
10-14-2007, 10:23 PM
I wish Tucker still wore bow ties.

Taco John
10-14-2007, 10:23 PM
tucker.carlson@msnbc.com

Drknows
10-14-2007, 10:24 PM
I think it was good and ok and in fact I bet Ron Paul will go on The View soon. She said they were all pussies and I bet Ron Paul shows up - they are setting him up to be the only one with balls..

You watch he will be on the View!

Didnt this forum send her flowers? and she calls our guy a pussy? How rude. haha

Taco John
10-14-2007, 10:31 PM
Hi Tucker,

As a libertarian supporter of Dr. Paul’s I just wanted to let you know that I think what you are doing is downright traitorous.

When Hillary Clinton is our president, I’m not going to forget the knife you’ve been jamming into our rib cage as we try to wake people up to the cause of liberty.

And if we overcome, and manage to get Dr. Paul to that podium, you’d better not be singing about what a terrific supporter you are of his. You are completely sabotaging the liberty movement, and to what ends? What do you get out of it, other than your usual pat on the back for supporting Dr. Paul in 1988?

Your forked tongue support of Dr. Paul is not appreciated by this libertarian.

Wake up. This fight is real and this is the best shot we’ve had at it since Wilson took it away from us. Quit stabbing the liberty cause in the back.

Cindy
10-14-2007, 10:37 PM

Very insightful and I have to agree.

Tucker is a clutz.

While tooting his own horn, he shot RP in the foot.

I don't think it's a big deal.

Everytime a little controversial press surrounds Paul, his numbers and support Go Up!

Better that RP is being talked about on any televised forum then not at all. Name recognition is the ONE thing we are needing more of right now.

Look at all of the horrible stuff out there on Giuliani and Hillary. They are leading the national polls because they have the best name recognition and face familiarity within their parties.

cjhowe
10-14-2007, 10:41 PM
1) Tucker is a douche, has always been a douche. It didn't take an appearance on Bill Maher to confirm this.
2) Tucker is an contrarian (read EMO kid)
3) We are trying to win the nomination of the Republican party...the notion that liberals should hate our guy used to be considered a good thing in the Republican primary.

Birdlady
10-14-2007, 10:44 PM
I've got some breaking news for you dircha: Ron Paul owns YouTube! You ask people on the street and they either won't know who Tucker Carlson is or they'll remember he's the douche bag that John Stewart pwned. The Crossfire where Stewart reamed Tucker has over 600,000 views. Stop fretting over this little incident. Tucker has had Congressman Paul on his show more than anyone and he voted for him in '88. Tucker said that he agrees with Paul and likes him on the Bill Maher show. He was simply poking fun at the liberal audience, Maher, Krugman, and Behar. Tucker was surrounded by liberals!

I am quoting this so more people read it. This is exactly what I got from that clip too. He was taking a jab at them not Ron Paul.

Look at how ridiculous they are. Joy Behar called them "pussies" when the democrats are the same exact thing. I would like to take the blinders off of them rather than make fun of them. However, when you are surrounded like that it puts you in a bad place.

The left/right thing is all fake anyway but not for these people. They really think Hillary is going to save them. God help us!

RP4ME
10-14-2007, 10:47 PM
Hi Tucker,

As a libertarian supporter of Dr. Paul’s I just wanted to let you know that I think what you are doing is downright traitorous.

When Hillary Clinton is our president, I’m not going to forget the knife you’ve been jamming into our rib cage as we try to wake people up to the cause of liberty.

And if we overcome, and manage to get Dr. Paul to that podium, you’d better not be singing about what a terrific supporter you are of his. You are completely sabotaging the liberty movement, and to what ends? What do you get out of it, other than your usual pat on the back for supporting Dr. Paul in 1988?

Your forked tongue support of Dr. Paul is not appreciated by this libertarian.

Wake up. This fight is real and this is the best shot we’ve had at it since Wilson took it away from us. Quit stabbing the liberty cause in the back.

Love it - dont forgot to add I think he is a Lilly Livered Lizard! and LINT LICKER!

TheConstitutionLives
10-14-2007, 10:48 PM
tucker.carlson@msnbc.com

Some of you guys are acting very foolish. RELAX. Take a deep breath. Go for a nice walk with your dog. Play with your children.

synthetic
10-14-2007, 10:49 PM
Tucker knew the audience and played to them. Thats what people do to pick up new viewers, or in politics, new voters. A very liberal audience got a "not so fast" even though its "fashionable" to like him. Tucker made it clear he's in fashion and a "Paul guy".

Taco John
10-14-2007, 10:51 PM
I'm not going to relax. I'm serious about thinking Benedict Tucker is a traitor to the cause of liberty. I'm entitled to my opinion, just like he's entitled to his. And if I want to email him to give him a piece of my mind, nobody is going to stop me.

I'm not attracted to a fiercely independent candidate because I follow the crowd.

RP4ME
10-14-2007, 10:56 PM
Some of you guys are acting very foolish. RELAX. Take a deep breath. Go for a nice walk with your dog. Play with your children.

Im just hving fun being a hater i was j/j....and I justt saw teh clip and honestly I did not think it was bad at all...he was just saying that tru liberls dont want to take resp. for themselves they want the govt to do it....he said he is a RP supporter......it wasnt bad at all.....he could have been more supportive but again he cant come out and endorse him but so much.....

I lOVE YOU TUCKER YOU LILY LIVERED LIZARD LINT LICKER!!!!

aksmith
10-14-2007, 11:07 PM
Tucker Carlson's appearance on Bill Maher's show where he 1) tells crossover voters to stop supporting Ron Paul, 2) tells people that Ron Paul is a fad, and 3) tells people that Ron Paul wants to throw government dependents out on the streets, is in the Top 5 on YouTube today and has ~ 65,000 views.

Just what we need. Possibly 65,000 crossover and new voters, discouraged from voting for Ron Paul thanks to our "friend", Tucker Carlson.

No, I'm not going to link to it. You know how to get to YouTube. "TUCKER CARLSON *CAN WE ALL STOP PRETENDING TO LIKE RON PAUL*"

That's what some of you peoples' precious Tucker Carlson has done for us.

"Oh, he's using reverse psychology!"

"Oh, this will encourage people to go learn about Ron Paul."

"Oh, isn't Tucker dreamy!"

NO, it's discouraging potential new and crossover voters by belittling Dr. Paul's candidacy and misrepresenting his positions.

We could have had a video in the top 5 on YouTube with Tucker praising Ron Paul, reinforcing Behar's and Maher's positive comments, or even NO VIDEO AT ALL, but instead we have this douche, Tucker, 1) belittling and misrepresenting Dr. Paul, 2) disrupting positive discussion of Paul, and 3) making it difficult for these left-leaning folks who genuinely admire Paul to talk positively about him in the future, right up on YouTube with 65,000 and counting viewers.

I've had it with Tucker fanbois. He is no friend of liberty. Tucker Carlson is the same worthless schmuck he was on Crossfire, the same spineless slime he's always been.

Thanks Tucker. Thanks. And thanks to all his supporters here. You guys really make a difference, you know that?

You are absolutely correct. And everyone who says that Ron Paul supporters are smarter than average certainly haven't seen all the slobbering and stupidity trying to rehabilitate Tucker. He was a total horse's rear end that entire show and never more than when actively trying to discourage people from supporting Ron Paul. Tucker isn't that stupid. He did it on purpose. Oh, and he's probably either schizophrenic or on drugs to act like he did. And I'm being kind.

Spirit of '76
10-14-2007, 11:23 PM
If anything happened to turn Tucker off of Ron Paul's campaign for the presidency, it most likely involved endless streams of ungrammatical and invective-filled emails from half-informed johnny-come-latelys piling on the Ron Paul bandwagon, castigating him because his show isn't the Ron Paul show all day every day.

How embarrassing...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

Tucker could give Ron Paul a blowjob on the air, and you people would want to crucify him for not swallowing.

grfgerger
10-14-2007, 11:25 PM
tucker is a hack. look no further than jon stewart's appearance on crossfire.

mesler
10-14-2007, 11:26 PM
I'm with Spirit on this one, people need to calm down and look at the bigger picture.

sunghoko
10-14-2007, 11:28 PM
He said the exact same thing after the michigan debates TO Ron Paul.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHSkey4m1lE

I think the crossover liberals who spend the time to switch parties and vote in the primaries for RP also know his stance on other issues. How could they not?

Danny
10-14-2007, 11:30 PM
I think we need to get a grip.

Why do we seem to think it's Tucker's job to go around promoting Ron Paul? He's done more than we could hope for by putting RP on show once a week, but he is not a "supporter" like us and it's insane to expect him to be. His job is to discuss politics and the news, and it would not be appropriate for him to publicly support a candidate.

He was on Maher to promote his MSNBC show, not Ron Paul. I believe that he was telling the truth, at least the truth as he sees it. Will it hurt Ron? I doubt it, but who knows.

If it does hurt Ron then we're in trouble. You just know that if we keep gaining steam the attack ads are going to be a lot worse than what Tucker said, and they're going to be targeted right for Iowa and NH voters.

terlinguatx
10-14-2007, 11:35 PM

Perry
10-14-2007, 11:36 PM
The irritation in this thread has resulted in this.

HERE IS THE YOUTUBE LINK!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1Lu0HdWDSY)

Grow up people.

Perry
10-14-2007, 11:42 PM
tucker.carlson@msnbc.com

That right there is the worst mistake anyone can make. If you guys think Ron Paul is a gadfly just wait until you piss off Tucker Carlson. He may ignore Paul completely.

CMoore
10-14-2007, 11:48 PM
All right. I just watched the clip and I have to wonder if any of you all understand the concept of "irony". This was a great clip and both Maher and Carlson spoke well of Ron Paul. Carlson is just exasperated about stuff. He is right when he says that people don't want to be responsible for themselves. That is what we are going to have to sell, personal responsibility. Fortunately for us, we are much more likely to actually get out and VOTE than people who want to be taken care of. They tend to be a passive lot. Remember at NO time were a majority of the colonists in favor on independence from Britain.

MicroBalrog
10-15-2007, 12:13 AM

Give that man his Internet.

lonestarguy
10-15-2007, 12:42 AM
tucker, tucker, tucker, you mother f--ker, f--ker.....ok, ok, tucker had a bad day going into the taping of the show. i just watched the full-show sunday nite replay. tucker was a putz. he was needlessly controversial thru out the show. needlessly belittling peeps of whatever stripes to get over the infatuation with RP. i mean, consider tucker's additional comments about the u.s. huddling with the putin crowd in moscow recently as u.s. officials advised them not to get excited about us moving a missile defense system closer to the russian border. tucker supported the notion that we have that right. duh. we do?

tucker did rp absolutely no favor. he indeed belittled the support for rp, from which ever quarter. tucker deserves what he gets in his email inbox. i will do it with style and respect. but he will know he is indeed, a msm @ss-wipe.

Taco John
10-15-2007, 12:50 AM
That right there is the worst mistake anyone can make. If you guys think Ron Paul is a gadfly just wait until you piss off Tucker Carlson. He may ignore Paul completely.

Hahaha!

Tucker Carlson is a nobody. I could care less if Ron Paul ever goes on Tucker's show again. I'm pissed that Tucker is turning off media who is turned on to Dr. Paul, and are ACTUALLY influential. If Tucker has something to say about Dr. Paul, he should stop acting like a fan-boy who doesn't want everyone else to like the same things he likes, and START TALKING ABOUT LIBERTY.

Tucker talks with a forked tongue. Bashing Paul's message and calling him a radical does NOT help the cause.

Perry
10-15-2007, 01:02 AM
Hahaha!

Tucker Carlson is a nobody. I could care less if Ron Paul ever goes on Tucker's show again. I'm pissed that Tucker is turning off media who is turned on to Dr. Paul, and are ACTUALLY influential. If Tucker has something to say about Dr. Paul, he should stop acting like a fan-boy who doesn't want everyone else to like the same things he likes, and START TALKING ABOUT LIBERTY.

Tucker talks with a forked tongue. Bashing Paul's message and calling him a radical does NOT help the cause.

uuuuh yeaaaaah. A nobody with 500,000 viewers.:D Just calm down. Tucker is not going to be disrespecting Paul. As painful as it was what he said was the truth regardless of his motivation for saying it. Look around you. Have you forgotten the world we're living in?

Cindy
10-15-2007, 01:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFQFB5YpDZE

Here is Jon Stewart on cross fire with Tucker.

I had to google it to see it since it was referenced so much in this thread.

I use to want Jon Stewart for President. Now I want him for Pauls VP.

ThePieSwindler
10-15-2007, 01:10 AM
i didnt really see anything wrong with what tucker said... i think this is being taken way out of proportion. Please dont send him hate mail...

lonestarguy
10-15-2007, 01:31 AM
tucker purposely belittled a group of voters who would turn out in droves if RP is on the presidential ballot. i don't give a tinker's damn if someone likes RP for whatever reason. on maher's show, tucker just blurts and spews out bullshit on national television, albeit premium cable tv, about a voter segment that may indeed be substantially leaning toward RP. like nora odonnell two weeks prior, tucker turns into a penny ante sock puppet and belittles both the candidacy and insults the notions of certain voters. and we're supposed to let tucker get away with it. so i say, i claim my liberty. fuck tucker and the mind numbing, brain washing, death producing bastards at GE who provide his pay check.

tucker.carlson@msnbc.com
viewerservices@msnbc.com

sandersondavis
10-15-2007, 02:10 AM
Yeah, Let's spam Tucker and DEMAND that he never has Ron Paul on the air again. That will teach him.

Why stop there? Take no prisoners. Let's get RP completely out of the reach of MSM. We don't agree with MSN. We don't like MSM. And we sure as hell don't need MSM. No more RP appearances any time or anywhere!

dukker
10-15-2007, 03:03 AM
Tucker's comments were the most intelligent thing I've heard in a long time.
To me, Tucker was as genuine and honest as Ron Paul. Tucker is a true conservative, like Paul - watch all his interviews.

I also happen to agree with what he said. Have you seen the first interview of Maher with Paul? Maher couldn't agree with anything Paul was saying. Then he watches the GOP debate where Paul is the only anti-war candidate and boom! New hero. Maher is not a true Paul supporter. Paul's principles extend way beyond what a lot of liberals think is good. Tucker was the only one with the balls and intelligence to say it.

Tucker for president.

Adamsa
10-15-2007, 04:46 AM
Tucker loves Ron, he is just a strange man.

peruvianRP
10-15-2007, 07:55 AM
He was not bashing Ron Paul. All he say stop pretending to love Ron Paul. LIberals may think they love ron paul because he is against the war but in social issues they would not like him.

That is it. If you are a liberal, don't pretend to love Ron Paul.

BillyDkid
10-15-2007, 08:05 AM
You don't think they're going to see the title of the clip:

"TUCKER CARLSON *CAN WE ALL STOP PRETENDING TO LOVE RON PAUL*"???

Or based on the title be looking for Tucker Carlson, as described, to interrupt everyone and say, "CAN WE ALL STOP PRETENDING TO LOVE RON PAUL?"

And then proceed to belittle his candidacy and misrepresent his positions?

Stop with the ridiculous rationalizations. Tucker is a schmuck and he is creating damaging negative press for us, for no reason whatsoever, other than to say "ME ME ME" as voice his whiney little opinion.I agree with you. Although I do appreciate the fact that Tucker has given Ron Paul a lot of air time, I think his comments have hurt us. And, in fact, it is not true that "liberals" would hate RP if they knew what he stands for. Some would, but many would not. Liberty is popular with the vast majority of people. Even "liberals" and many former "neo-cons" can recognize integrity and honesty when they see it and they respond to it.

steph3n
10-15-2007, 08:08 AM
tucker was showing to all on TV exactly what happens on this forum daily.
libertarians kill each other with selfish backbiting and since it is all about them(him) they can not bind together for a common good, because the common good is not good for them, because it means they have to hold their tongue.

Tucker was not using a mirror, he WAS the mirror, that is exactly what we look like.

I agree with you. Although I do appreciate the fact that Tucker has given Ron Paul a lot of air time, I think his comments have hurt us. And, in fact, it is not true that "liberals" would hate RP if they knew what he stands for. Some would, but many would not. Liberty is popular with the vast majority of people. Even "liberals" and many former "neo-cons" can recognize integrity and honesty when they see it and they respond to it.

kylejack
10-15-2007, 08:10 AM
GO TUCKER GO! Great job!

Johncjackson
10-15-2007, 08:28 AM

Thats exactly what I said when it happened.

Johnnybags
10-15-2007, 08:35 AM
those that want a nanny state vs those that want self responsibility. He is playing a game, not dissing Ron, he agrees with him but basically says most people want socialism. He is basically calling for self introspection before you just think its fashionable to support Ron, which is a good thing, I have gone thru the exercise and support Ron.

wsc321
10-15-2007, 08:59 AM
He is basically calling for self introspection
I got the same feeling... like he's trying to hold up a mirror to a part of America and say, "You may not know it, but this is where your values lie". If I look at the exchange from a positive/optimistic perspective, I wonder if some of the folks on their way home later that day might have had a hard time digesting that one. "Geez... I guess I do want entitlements above anything else..." Tucker is kind of forcing them to admit it, or argue (which they don't).

I'd now love to see Ron Paul on "The View"... it could be massive If he were given the opportunity to explain why he believes in smaller government and able to express why he thinks the idea of government being your Mother and Father is wrong, I actually believe some liberals could be persuaded.

dude58677
10-15-2007, 09:11 AM
I watched the video and it was obvious to me that Tucker was bashing Paul, he even went on to say we are going to have 8 years of Hilliary. I think he was patronizing us from the beginning.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

shepburn
10-15-2007, 09:19 AM
stop bitching about TUCKER!

yes he could have used this oppertunity to perfectly layout Ron Pauls message, but wouldn't that be asking a lot of a political pundant?

Instead he called out Bill Maher. He said look if you are truely for Ron Paul, then you are against a lot of other stuff that you don't even realize.

Tucker has been dropping Ron Paul's name of TV more than any other pundant PERIOD.

Would you like him to keep inviting Ron Paul on TV for friendly interactions? Then stop bitching about Tucker!

I'm not the biggest fan of him either ... but geez ... lighten up folks!

dude58677
10-15-2007, 09:21 AM
I watched the video and it was obvious to me that Tucker was bashing Paul, he even went on to say we are going to have 8 years of Hilliary. I think he was patronizing us from the beginning. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

dude58677
10-15-2007, 09:23 AM
stop bitching about TUCKER!

yes he could have used this oppertunity to perfectly layout Ron Pauls message, but wouldn't that be asking a lot of a political pundant?

Instead he called out Bill Maher. He said look if you are truely for Ron Paul, then you are against a lot of other stuff that you don't even realize.

Tucker has been dropping Ron Paul's name of TV more than any other pundant PERIOD.

Would you like him to keep inviting Ron Paul on TV for friendly interactions? Then stop bitching about Tucker!

I'm not the biggest fan of him either ... but geez ... lighten up folks!

He said we are going to have 8 years oh Billiary. What tucker has been doing is very simple, it is known as PATRONIZING. It is when you compliment someone and you really don't mean it.

BillyDkid
10-15-2007, 09:31 AM
And while the "liberals" are at it, let's all of us "stop pretending to love Ron Paul" too. In fact, many articulate liberals have come out in support of Ron Paul and have explained their reasons for doing so. How many of us have read comments on YouTube and other places where liberals and Democrats and NeoCons and people of every political stripe have come out supporting Ron Paul. That is really the entire thing with Ron Paul's campaign - he inspires the best in ALL of us and his message cuts across the entire political spectrum. What Tucker said was just not correct - people of all political stripes DO understand Dr. Paul's message and see it as the transcendent, non-partisan political message it is. That is Dr. Paul's strength which is shared by no other candidate. He represents the best American in all of us. For all those people who want what is best of the America and for future generations - Ron Paul speaks for all of us, the real silent majority.

Johnnybags
10-15-2007, 09:31 AM
I watched the video and it was obvious to me that Tucker was bashing Paul, he even went on to say we are going to have 8 years of Hilliary. I think he was patronizing us from the beginning. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Tucker is merely saying we will have socialism because that is what Americans seem to want. (Hillary Socialism). He is actually trying to irritate people away from it by telling them they want it and we all know they want it. Eventually, it will lead up to its either Hillary (no neocon repubs can beat her) or Paul, who has a better chance.
I see him treating us like little kids, using reverse psychology to try to cure apathy. He knows the die hards are with Paul til the end, I think he is trying to draw the stark differences out between Hillary and Paul to get new blood. Keep saying we all want socialism(dirty word). If Tucker starts saying French socialism you can be sure he is on our side.

dude58677
10-15-2007, 09:39 AM
Tucker is merely saying we will have socialism because that is what Americans seem to want. (Hillary Socialism). He is actually trying to irritate people away from it by telling them they want it and we all know they want it. Eventually, it will lead up to its either Hillary (no neocon repubs can beat her) or Paul, who has a better chance.
I see him treating us like little kids, using reverse psychology to try to cure apathy. He knows the die hards are with Paul til the end, I think he is trying to draw the stark differences out between Hillary and Paul to get new blood. Keep saying we all want socialism(dirty word). If Tucker starts saying French socialism you can be sure he is on our side.

This to me sounds like a slippery slope, he says one thing and it doesn't seem wrog and then he says another thing that doesn't seem wrong. When do you draw the line and realize that someone is really an asshole?

kylejack
10-15-2007, 09:41 AM
Tucker is a true American patriot, and Ron Paul is lucky to have him. Tucker, SHAKE THEM HATERS OFF!

dude58677
10-15-2007, 09:46 AM
Tucker is a true American patriot, and Ron Paul is lucky to have him. Tucker, SHAKE THEM HATERS OFF!

No, Judge Napalitano has been sincere as Ron Paul in his support. Tucker is a fraud.

kylejack
10-15-2007, 09:47 AM
No, Judge Napalitano has been sincere as Ron Paul in his support. Tucker is a fraud.

Tucker has brought more new supporters to Ron Paul than you. When you pass him, you can criticize him. Until then, you just sound silly, frankly.

TheConstitutionLives
10-15-2007, 09:49 AM

No, he's not. Some of you are way too hypersensitive.

Johnnybags
10-15-2007, 09:51 AM
This to me sounds like a slippery slope, he says one thing and it doesn't seem wrog and then he says another thing that doesn't seem wrong. When do you draw the line and realize that someone is really an asshole?

after they interview you, what does that mean? He cannot jump up and down on TV? His tactic is brilliant to me, tell the sheople we all know you want socialsim, a nanny state etc. It irritates those who do not, into action. Just watch for that word "socialism". I expect he upgrades to, we all know most Americans want a French Socialist type government soon, further irritating people to get off their backsides and do something about it. No different than telling your lazy teenager to throw out the trash and when he does not telling him nevermind, its too heavy for you, I'll have your little sister do it? Normally, he will finally get up and do it.

sandersondavis
10-15-2007, 09:57 AM
He said we are going to have 8 years oh Billiary. What tucker has been doing is very simple, it is known as PATRONIZING. It is when you compliment someone and you really don't mean it.

You have exceptional intellect and your leadership always brings out the best in all people.

Ozwest
10-15-2007, 10:08 AM
Water off a ducks back. Geez, watch the New York rally video or something... We've got the MAGIC. That ain't gonna change... Go kick some Ron Paul ass... They're scared shitless.

walt
10-15-2007, 10:11 AM
don't attack the media, they won't cover us if you attack them (sarcasm)

Badger Paul
10-15-2007, 10:14 AM
I watched the video and found Tucker to be refrshingly honest. He's right. Most modern liberal would have nothing to do with RP if it wasn't for the war. And the only way RP can win is if people reject the modern welfare state. It's that simple.

Eli
10-15-2007, 10:22 AM
quit making these threads. tucker has done more for RP than you have. Or the next 30 people to make a thread like this. and the next 30.

kylejack
10-15-2007, 10:23 AM
Yes, I agree. Go pass out some slimjims as pennance for this thread.

Question_Authority
10-15-2007, 10:26 AM

Oh please. For ANYONE to make a comment like "If people knew what Ron Paul stands for they would hate him". Ummm, that is not support. His little reverse psychology thing, if that's what it was, did not go over well AT ALL. No one GOT IT, even Bill Maher.

And he also called ROn Paul popularity a FAD.

Tucker is a F*cker.

kylejack
10-15-2007, 10:27 AM
Go pass out some slimjims.

Ozwest
10-15-2007, 10:34 AM
Yes, I agree. Go pass out some slimjims as pennance for this thread.

Bless you my child. HeHe.

ThePieSwindler
10-15-2007, 10:34 AM
Tucker is not a traitor at all. He spoke the truth, but just didnt use the right words. I dont think what he said *hurt* the campaign per se, and it surely was NOT a sign of tucker giving up on Ron Paul, as he even said he AGREED wit him when Maher said he disagree with RP on some things. He was trying to say truthfully that many liberals would not like alot of the things ron stands for, but it was a critique of liberal progressivism more so than of Ron Paul. Should he have said it the way he said it? No, i dont think so, but was he a "traitor"? Not at all, he was still saying how much he supported Ron Paul. Tucker is an ally in the media, one of our very few, please lets not attack him, please.

Ozwest
10-15-2007, 10:43 AM
Sure, everyone enjoys the good press, but it's time to grab the swinging donkey meat and put these "show ponys" in their place!

runderwo
10-15-2007, 11:26 AM

I don't find those things to be in conflict. As long as they recognize that the second amendment IS a right, then the rest of the things you mentioned are taken care of by federalism. The federal government has not the authority, much less the capacity when it comes to entitlements, to take care of all of those wants on a national level. When they're no longer being robbed by the federal government, they can promote socialism in their state legislatures where it's constitutional, and arguably more effective.

chinaCat
10-15-2007, 11:38 AM
I'm not reading 11 pages, sorry. But My take is simply that. He was stating it how he sees it. Fad, I think Paul is past any "fad" stage now. I dont agree with a lot of his policies. I'm for abortion, for gay marriage. But why do I support paul? becuase I am for states rights, and small government. He doesn't want to outlaw aborition. Well he may, but he knows he cant. He thinks it is a states decision. Just like I think a lot of things should be decided on the state level.

timosman
11-03-2016, 09:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFQFB5YpDZE

Jesse James
11-03-2016, 09:21 PM
Jon Stewart is a partisan hack. He only attacks Tucker and not the other guy. Nuff said

jct74
11-03-2016, 09:37 PM

That's a good video, but what is your opinion of the material in the OP (from 9 years ago)? Do you think there is something important there that should be taken note of?

H. E. Panqui
11-04-2016, 11:58 AM
...ugh...the glib dullard sucker carlson has always been a republican bootlicker...another goddamned fool republican cheerleader who doesn't understand how one dollar originates, yet his foaming gob is frequently working as to the illion dollar economy!!...shaddup, tucker...

...the poster child for the '50 dollar haircuts on 5 dollar heads'....

timosman
11-04-2016, 12:05 PM
That's a good video, but what is your opinion of the material in the OP (from 9 years ago)? Do you think there is something important there that should be taken note of?

LOL.