PDA

View Full Version : What Happens When Theres No Government Accountability?

AGRP
07-06-2010, 11:54 PM
For example:

NASAs latest announcement that theyre now resposible for islamic relations or something like that. Clearly, that is not NASA's purpose. That's not what were supposed to be paying for (besides the possibility that NASA is unconstitutional to begin with)

Or in general, what happens when the establishment outright ignores the constitution.

We never agreed to these terms.

Am I right to believe they can essentially do whatever they want without any accountability?

heavenlyboy34
07-06-2010, 11:56 PM
Yes. Government=fail.

AGRP
07-06-2010, 11:57 PM
Yes. Government=fail.

I need answers! :)

Vessol
07-07-2010, 12:00 AM
Government and accountability are two contradicting terms.

CCTelander
07-07-2010, 12:03 AM
Government and accountability are two contradicting terms.

Exactly. Due at least in part to a psychological phenomenon known as the diffusion of responsibility, there simply CAN'T be any real accountability within government. There are, of course, quite a few other reasons, but this definitely plays a major part.

AGRP
07-07-2010, 12:09 AM
If NASA essentially poured half of their budget into "Islamic relations" would any polititian/court abolish/cut their funding?

I have a hard time believing much of anything would happen. It would become part of the campaign rhetoric and nothing would happpen.

All we can do is sit back and continue to back champions of the constitution?

Sorry for the babbling. It's a bit late.

heavenlyboy34
07-07-2010, 12:10 AM
If NASA essentially poured half of their budget into "Islamic relations" would any polititian/court abolish/cut their funding?

I have a hard time believing much of anything would happen. It would become part of the campaign rhetoric and nothing would happpen.

All we can do is sit back and continue to back champions of the constitution?

Sorry for the babbling. It's a bit late.

Well, you can always write articles for LRC. :cool:

Jdayh
07-07-2010, 12:21 AM
I need answers! :)

OK there is one bleak; straight forward; no BS answer ...only one.

However, most people cant handle this answer..they want some vanilla covered easy answer..something that "feels good" a non confrontive answer. an easy one.

The bottom line is that any of those answers do not solve the problem. The only answer that will solve the problem....is the "elephant in the room answer" the one know one talks about..all they do is "hint at it... or elude to it" either from fear of speaking the obvious truth..or from fear of the FEDS knocking on their door... (or from an addiction to attempting to apply failure ideas... that will not and can not work.)
or (Mostly) from a fear of failing at applying the correct answer.

When the rule of law is no more. Then all you have is the rule of force. The question is do you just give up and walk away ?? Do you say things like..they have more guns..more men...more bullets..more____ etc.. Or do you ask yourself..."How can We the people have a greater force than the government?"
anyways....here's what the founders did...when they were faced with the same type of situation that we are in now.....(and there was far less grievances upon them, than there is upon us in this day and age)

YouTube - Too Late to Apologize: A Declaration (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZfRaWAtBVg&feature=player_embedded)

ibaghdadi
07-07-2010, 12:25 AM
Am I right to believe they can essentially do whatever they want without any accountability?

I agree with your central argument, but I must say that the MSM backlash against NASA is bordering on racism. Of course, outreach to other cultures is a noble undertaking, but it's not in NASA's mission and has nothing to do with space.

However, keep in mind that NASA is founded and funded by the government and eventually orders come from where the money comes. So while this mess is disturbing, it's not surprising (to me at least).

The loudest and most intense backlash has come from neocons, certain Jewish groups, and of course Obama-haters trying to use this opportunity to "prove" that Obama isn't American or is a Muslim or something.

21st century American politics disgust me to my core. Thank God for Ron Paul.

tangent4ronpaul
07-07-2010, 01:19 AM
I agree with your central argument, but I must say that the MSM backlash against NASA is bordering on racism. Of course, outreach to other cultures is a noble undertaking, but it's not in NASA's mission and has nothing to do with space.

However, keep in mind that NASA is founded and funded by the government and eventually orders come from where the money comes. So while this mess is disturbing, it's not surprising (to me at least).

The loudest and most intense backlash has come from neocons, certain Jewish groups, and of course Obama-haters trying to use this opportunity to "prove" that Obama isn't American or is a Muslim or something.

21st century American politics disgust me to my core. Thank God for Ron Paul.

It kind of makes sense in kind of a warped way. The task was to promote math and engineering both here and for foreign students. The impression I'm getting is that we are talking foreign exchange students, internships, etc.

It's the same as if the Peace Corp went into a country and started a tree farm for a re-forestation project.

Since we are talking rocket science, one has to question the wisdom of sharing knowledge that can be used to improve weapon delivery systems. Oh, wait! - this is Obama. I guess the only question is why he didn't include N. Korea in the outreach.

-t