PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck starts University - Not Joking

libertybrewcity
07-06-2010, 08:36 PM
School may be out for the summer, but for Glenn Beck class is just starting.

This July, while others are relaxing poolside, head back to the classroom - from the comfort of your own home. That may sound like an oxymoron but Glenn’s new academic program is only available online.

Offered exclusively to Insider Extreme subscribers, Beck University is a unique academic experience bringing together experts in the fields of religion, American history and economics. Through captivating lectures and interactive online discussions, these experts will explore the concepts of Faith, Hope and Charity and show you how they influence America’s past, her present and most importantly her future.

So don’t miss out on this amazing experience. Enroll in Beck University today by subscribing to Insider Extreme.

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/42502/

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/videos/?uri=channels/390088/966018

Pennsylvania
07-06-2010, 08:37 PM
oh its definitely a joke

MRoCkEd
07-06-2010, 09:31 PM
Not the worst thing in the world. Beck's understanding of history and economics is 1,000x better than most teachers. He still needs to come around on Lincoln though...

Flash
07-06-2010, 09:33 PM
Maybe Michael Savage was right about Glenn Beck being a wannabe teacher.

Fozz
07-06-2010, 09:37 PM
He still needs to come around on Lincoln though...

More importantly he needs to come around on Israel, the Patriot Act, and foreign policy.

MRoCkEd
07-06-2010, 09:41 PM
More importantly he needs to come around on Israel, the Patriot Act, and foreign policy.
He does drink the Israel kool-aid but he did come around on those last two.

paulitics
07-06-2010, 09:47 PM

I don't think he has come around on foreign policy based on my listening to his shows off and on the last few weeks.

He says he regrets supporting the patriot act, but talk is cheap. What if we are attacked again, but an even bigger attack than 911? I can easily see Beck saying, "in order to save the country from anarchy, and those who want to destroy the constitution, we must temporarily allow the government to...."

Fozz
07-06-2010, 09:48 PM

I'm not sure about foreign policy....although he does denounce Woodrow Wilson's worldview and sometimes condemns the idea of policing the world, I'm pretty sure he supports the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

WaltM
07-06-2010, 09:54 PM
oh its definitely a joke

I bet it's more serious than Liberty University, Patriot University and Robert Welch University.

BlackTerrel
07-06-2010, 09:54 PM
I don't think he has come around on foreign policy based on my listening to his shows off and on the last few weeks.

He says he regrets supporting the patriot act, but talk is cheap. What if we are attacked again, but an even bigger attack than 911? I can easily see Beck saying, "in order to save the country from anarchy, and those who want to destroy the constitution, we must temporarily allow the government to...."

Make no mistake. This is a country of very short term memories. If we had another 9/11, or something bigger than 9/11, or multiple 9/11's in quick secessions 90% of Americans would turn over their rights in a heartbeat.

I remember shortly after 9/11 otherwise intelligent friends telling me we should nuke Mecca etc... and nobody wanted to hear that this would not only kill tons of innocents but was also an incredibly stupid and counterproductive strategy.

People have incredibly short term memories. And 9/11 feels like ancient history at this point. But if we are hit again (and I think most would say it is more "when" than "if") people will overreact yet again. It's human nature. And it won't just be Glen Beck.

silus
07-06-2010, 10:14 PM
Get it right, its Insider XTREME!

libertybrewcity
07-06-2010, 10:29 PM
Get it right, its Insider XTREME!

lol

ravedown
07-06-2010, 10:38 PM
I am totally convinced beck wants to be political televagelist. He wants to be the Jimmy Swaggert of political media- its not about liberty as much as he believes he's doing Gods work.