PDA

View Full Version : writing on money

RileyE104
07-06-2010, 08:18 PM
I was just wondering if anyone on here goes so far as to write little Ron Paul messages or quotes on their money before the spend it? :D

Seeing as how money gets in many hands, I thought it would be a good way of spreading the word... Does anyone do this?

Koz
07-06-2010, 08:31 PM
Do you do it? And if so, what do you write?

libertybrewcity
07-06-2010, 08:45 PM
im going to start. i remember seeing a post one time about there being somewhere aroudn 2,000 or so "not backed by gold" bills in circulation on where's george but I couldn't find it on the site just now.

MN Patriot
07-06-2010, 08:50 PM
Whenever I come across a "wheres George?" bill, I enter in the serial number to see where the bill has been. Kind of interesting.

Maybe could start a similar thing, "Whats Money?" Direct people to a website that explains how those green pieces of paper have been corrupted.

http://www.moneyfactory.gov/historicallegislation.html Says this:

Defacement of Currency

Defacement of currency is a violation of Title 18, Section 333 of the United States Code. Under this provision, currency defacement is generally defined as follows: Whoever mutilates, cuts, disfigures, perforates, unites or cements together, or does any other thing to any bank bill, draft, note, or other evidence of debt issued by any national banking association, Federal Reserve Bank, or Federal Reserve System, with intent to render such item(s) unfit to be reissued, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.

Defacement of currency in such a way that it is made unfit for circulation comes under the jurisdiction of the United States Secret Service.

Pauls' Revere
07-06-2010, 09:13 PM
I was just wondering if anyone on here goes so far as to write little Ron Paul messages or quotes on their money before the spend it? :D

Seeing as how money gets in many hands, I thought it would be a good way of spreading the word... Does anyone do this?

3,900 bills and still going!
:D

I stamp mine "NOT BACKED BY GOLD" in the hopes that it makes people think about what money is and isn't. I even carry a silver certificate bill on hand to actually prove the us government used to print money backed by silver.

Pauls' Revere
07-06-2010, 09:21 PM
Defacement of Currency

Defacement of currency is a violation of Title 18, Section 333 of the United States Code. Under this provision, currency defacement is generally defined as follows: Whoever mutilates, cuts, disfigures, perforates, unites or cements together, or does any other thing to any bank bill, draft, note, or other evidence of debt issued by any national banking association, Federal Reserve Bank, or Federal Reserve System, with intent to render such item(s) unfit to be reissued, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.

Defacement of currency in such a way that it is made unfit for circulation comes under the jurisdiction of the United States Secret Service.

"unfit to be reissued"-under this definition The FED should be charged as the value of these fiat dollars declines as they print more and more and more...

Kregisen
07-06-2010, 09:23 PM
A couple days ago I found a dollar bill that had a word bubble coming out of George's mouth saying "I grew hemp"

Pauls' Revere
07-06-2010, 09:23 PM
p.s. I have had bills show up as far away as Britain, Germany, and the Phillipines.

South Park Fan
07-06-2010, 10:07 PM
I often write "END THE FED" on Federal Reserve Notes. Back during the campaign I also wrote "GOOGLE RON PAUL"

RileyE104
07-06-2010, 10:28 PM
During the middle of Ron's campaign I would write quotes of his around the edges of dollar bills and then I would write the link to the C4L website.

I haven't done it in a long time and I was thinking to start doing it again in preparation for a 2012 run.. :D

I just wanted to know if anyone else did little stuff like that.
Thanks for the comments!

Live_Free_Or_Die
07-06-2010, 10:37 PM
"I got more stuff for this note than you will"

South Park Fan
07-06-2010, 10:43 PM
During the middle of Ron's campaign I would write quotes of his around the edges of dollar bills and then I would write the link to the C4L website.

I haven't done it in a long time and I was thinking to start doing it again in preparation for a 2012 run.. :D

I just wanted to know if anyone else did little stuff like that.
Thanks for the comments!

I just filled my whole wallet with links to liberty websites. I also asked a question to go along with the links, like "WHAT IS AUSTRIAN ECONOMICS?" with LEWROCKWELL.COM MISES.ORG FEE.ORG FFF.ORG and "WHAT IS NULLIFICATION?" with OATHKEEPERS.ORG FIJA.ORG TENTHAMENDMENTCENTER.COM SECESSION.NET.

Kregisen
07-06-2010, 10:47 PM
"I got more stuff for this note than you will"

Classic. :D

This is actually a good idea...I might have to start doing this.

Phantom
07-07-2010, 12:33 AM
I remember someone printing Ron Paul information on thousands of dollars during his last Presidential campaign. If I can find the image of that stack I will post them.

Here are a couple of other images I found on google images.

http://nilla.typepad.com/picpicpictures/images/2008/01/03/ron_paul_dollar.jpg

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee245/numberneal/RonPaulDollars.jpg

http://vandalizegeorge.com/wp-content/uploads/yapb_cache/ron_paul.c0nvzyngxtwg8cco40wwk0wcg.ae6egtt2xvk0sow k84g4ock8k.th.png

This is my favourite dollar though.

http://www.ronpaul.name/images/ronpauldollar.gif

JenH88
07-07-2010, 12:51 AM
ohhhh how i remember defacing fiat money with liberty messages..

i wouldnt mind doing it again...

lol. i mean.. gosh. how do i always happen to receive already defaced federal reserve notes?

libertybrewcity
07-07-2010, 12:54 AM
3,900 bills and still going!
:D

I stamp mine "NOT BACKED BY GOLD" in the hopes that it makes people think about what money is and isn't. I even carry a silver certificate bill on hand to actually prove the us government used to print money backed by silver.

hey paul revere. do you have the link to that figure? i have been looking and looking on the site, i don't know what's wrong with me. :(

LibertyIsGold
03-25-2011, 09:08 PM
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ron-Paul-on-the-Currency-Campaign/144152655649875

We need to coordinate to maximize our effectiveness. Like this FB page now! I've been making mine like how Phantom does them. I write "Who Is Ron Paul?" and put "Ron Paul 2012"