PDA

View Full Version : Got a 1976 2 dollar bill ya'll, to day

jkr
07-06-2010, 08:04 PM
keeping it baby!:D

cindy25
07-06-2010, 08:48 PM
another sign the economy is tanking.

people are using their cash hoards. my grandfather always said he knew the depression was coming when he kept finding Indian head cents in his change (late 1932-early 1933, when so many thought everything would recover)

BuddyRey
07-06-2010, 08:52 PM
Those are sweet!

I remember when I was ten or so years old, I wanted nothing more in the world than to earn a thousand dollars so that I could take it to the bank and get it all exchanged for a $1,000 Grover Cleveland bill. So, over the course of several months working as a receptionist and junior pitchman at my parents' flooring store, I managed to scrape the cash together, and went to the bank only to find out that the Clevelands had been pulled from circulation. To add insult to injury, my mom deposited the thousand bones in a custodial account at the bank. I'd never felt so cheated in my life...though I do have to thank my mom, because what I had perceived at that time as an unforgivable betrayal sparked a lifelong fear and distrust of banks that continues in me to this day! :D

MN Patriot
07-06-2010, 09:09 PM
another sign the economy is tanking.

people are using their cash hoards. my grandfather always said he knew the depression was coming when he kept finding Indian head cents in his change (late 1932-early 1933, when so many thought everything would recover)

I still find wheat pennies from time to time, found one about a month ago. About once every 10 years I find a silver dime. Some kid probably found his dad's stash of old coins and bought candy.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
07-06-2010, 09:10 PM
I got some of those stashed away at my moms house.

cindy25
07-06-2010, 09:14 PM
the $500 and $1,000 while withdrawn are still valid, and you can still buy one at a coin show for a premium