PDA

View Full Version : Census Worker just came by

bkreigh
07-06-2010, 03:47 PM
So the Census worker just stopped my house. I heard a knock on the door and my ol lady was in the shower and i was laying down trying to take a nap. I thought it was my mother in law so i didnt get up. About a minute later he knocked again. I got up and looked outside the window and saw a maroon mustand in the drive. I opened it up and the guy said he identified himself and the following occured (im sure im missing a word or two but this is the jist)

Census (C): Where you living here on April 1?
Me: Yes, Sir.
C: How many people were living here at that time?
Me: 02
C: What is your name?
Me: Id rather not give you that information.
C: Your last name? (He had a little smile on his face)
Me: (I shook my head)
C: Listen Im the easiest guy to get along with...
Me: Im sure you are. The reasons for me not giving you this information is nothing against you its about following the Constitution.
C: They will keep coming here and the next person wont be so nice along with the sheriff which i think is stupid. Im not trying to threaten you or anything.
Me: Well i have my Consititution so lets see what kind of laws they bring to the table.
C: (Looks at my shirt that says U.S. Coast Guard) Are you in the Coast Guard.
Me: Yes, sir and i took an oath to protect and defend the Constitution just like im sure you and whoever is coming here next did as well.
C: Well Ill just put you down that you refused.
Me: I gave you the answer "02"
C: (starting to walk away and turns his head) Just putting you down that you refused to answer
Me: I didn't refuse.

So my question is has anybody else been told that the Sheriff would come to your house with the next guy? Furthermore, this is my first visit by these nice folks so how many more times will I need to rehash this verbage?

tremendoustie
07-06-2010, 03:48 PM
I just ignored them. They haven't come back after the second visit.

I thought this was amusing:

They will keep coming here and the next person wont be so nice along with the sheriff which i think is stupid. Im not trying to threaten you or anything.Uh, if that's not a threat, what's the point of making that statement? He absolutely was trying to threaten you. And saying that the sheriff would come is a downright lie, based on what I've heard.

Austrian Econ Disciple
07-06-2010, 03:50 PM
Howdy Reigh! I just told them 1 and on hindsight would probably haven't even told them anything. I don't need to give them population statistics so they can know how many troops need to go where :p

Anyways, they didn't bring anyone else to my apartment so you shold be fine. I like the qualified statement "I'm not threatening you or anything". So what the fuck are you doing? The Sheriff not have a gun, or what?

Man July 4th was so busy this year ;/

TheBlackPeterSchiff
07-06-2010, 03:59 PM
They came by last week, they got me because they sent 2 of the finest females I've seen in a while. I gave the info. I sold out. smfh

bkreigh
07-06-2010, 04:02 PM
Whats up disciple!

Yeah i took it as a threat as well. I just tried to call the local Census Office to tell them not to waste any more time on me and also to ask them if threatening citizens by bringing the Sheriff to the homes is standard procedure.

I did forget to mention that the Census guy said "Ill write down anything you tell me to write down." That struck me as strange as well. I guess they want us to falsify documents now or something.

He was a friendly guy and i know he is just doing his job but i would bet his bosses have told him to threaten folks with the sheriff line. I cant see the Sheriff's office having that amount of time on their hands to come to each and every house that doesnt fill every question out.

bkreigh
07-06-2010, 04:03 PM
They came by last week, they got me because they sent 2 of the finest females I've seen in a while. I gave the info. I sold out. smfh

Id give them a question for each titty i see. 2 questions for the snatch. :D just kidding there. They could bring in the sweden beech volleyball team for all i care.

KurtBoyer25L
07-06-2010, 04:05 PM
I had a very different experience with the Census, but that is chilling. That is our system of forcible coercion laid bare.

KurtBoyer25L
07-06-2010, 04:06 PM
P.S. The last time I heard "snatch" it was the sex-maniac defenseman in Slap Shot.

bkreigh
07-06-2010, 04:09 PM
I had a very different experience with the Census, but that is chilling. That is our system of forcible coercion laid bare.

Yeah it wasnt very comfortable. After he said that i stepped back and leaned up against the wall. I was like WTF is that supposed to mean?

i wasnt going to post my discussion with these guys unless something stupid happened. Sure enough. thats pretty much the only reason i posted it here. Just an FYI and if anybody else has had that experience in their neck of the woods.

Romulus
07-06-2010, 04:21 PM
my guy said someone else would come back too.. so far they haven't. if the do, I'll just give them a public servant questionare and see how they like that.

Deborah K
07-06-2010, 05:02 PM

loser. :rolleyes: :D;)

Deborah K
07-06-2010, 05:05 PM
When I got the census in the mail, I only wrote the number of people living in the home. I photocopied every page and the envelope I was to send it in. Stapled it together, and if they come to my home, I'll just hand them a copy of what I have already sent. And if necessary, I'll hand them the section in the Constitution regarding the census.

Danke
07-06-2010, 05:23 PM
The sheriff would laugh, they are not gonna waste their time on the census.

I ignore all mailings and visits.

Kregisen
07-06-2010, 06:08 PM
Just think about the billions wasted on advertising and funds necessarily to complete the census......awesome.

BetaMale
07-06-2010, 10:17 PM
Ignored everything I received in the mail, ignored the note they left on my door when I got back from out of town. Haven't heard from them in two months, but have a few public servant questionnaires with their names on it if I do hear from them, which is unlikely because I live in one of the most liberal, lazy beaches in California. I'm sure they already said "fuck it"

MRoCkEd
07-06-2010, 10:23 PM
They are taking note of who refuses so they know where to send the troops. Little need for that, though, because most of them also refused the flu vaccine which in reality was the antidote for the upcoming mass poisoning.

Bureaucrat: "It's so easy to get the libertarians to reveal themselves. Little do they know, their acts of "civil disobedience" are playing right into our hands! MUAHAHAHAHA"

:p

orenbus
07-07-2010, 12:59 AM
Had two different people come to my house on different days, and also had a note left on my door one day saying they must have missed me. I just told the two guys that showed up on I was living there on April first and the number of people residing is 2. As far as the rest of the questions I just said I take the fifth.

After the second person came never heard anything else from the census. From what I was reading their procedure is to try and contact you three different times either through leaving a note on your door or someone actually talking with you, after that they stop. Also they are told not to threaten people stating there will be a fine or anything like that so that person that told you about the sheriff I think was off script unless their supervisor directed them in a wrong way.

free1
07-07-2010, 04:46 AM
No law that says you have to answer your door or talk to anybody.

Pretty simple.

Krugerrand
07-07-2010, 06:57 AM
I gave a count to the first chap that happened by. He said other people would come back and try again. The other weekend, we arrive from shipping and there is a car in our driveway ... a census gal. She walked down the driveway to where we parked. She said they had to come back because a computer failure caused them to lose the information we provided the last time. I gave her a count. She tried to keep asking questions. I walked way. She sat in her car in my driveway for almost 20 minutes. That was creepy. But, she finally left.

Elwar
07-07-2010, 07:48 AM
My census guy came by back in April...haven't seen anyone since.

I allowed him to read every question to me so that he fulfilled his job. I refused to answer every question as well.

osan
07-07-2010, 08:26 AM
Howdy Reigh! I just told them 1 and on hindsight would probably haven't even told them anything. I don't need to give them population statistics so they can know how many troops need to go where :p

Anyways, they didn't bring anyone else to my apartment so you shold be fine. I like the qualified statement "I'm not threatening you or anything". So what the fuck are you doing? The Sheriff not have a gun, or what?

Man July 4th was so busy this year ;/

They came to our door about 2 weeks ago. Womanhood opened the door as I might have chased them off with the salt gun. Person was very polite. Asked how many people - she got a '1' :) :) :)

Womanhood refused to answer any of the other questions. She's a good girl. The agent said nothing and left. Compared with other places, agents in WV are not likely to get uppity because they know they stand a fair to good chance of being shot, buried under a rock, and never heard from again... especially in the southern counties. The sort of thing described in the OP would NEVER happen in Logan county. The agent would almost certainly end up under a rock there.

It is a good thing to see so many people keeping the prying eye out of their lives.