PDA

View Full Version : Culture warping - teaching your daughters to be slutty / strippers

tangent4ronpaul
07-06-2010, 02:16 PM
Channel surfing the other day, I ran across a channel that was airing "House", which I've never watched, but understand if a vary popular show, especially with the younger set. This was the commercial it cut to:

http://www.flirtygirlfit.com/

basically it's an instructional video on pole and lap dancing pretending to be an exercise video.

:rolleyes:

-t

RM918
07-06-2010, 02:18 PM
It sells, unfortunately. This is what you get when you have careless parents who want to be 'buddies' and kids being told they deserve everything and the state will protect them when bad things happen. The culture's just going to get worse, but I don't know how.

Austrian Econ Disciple
07-06-2010, 02:26 PM
I'll just have to disagree with both of you. It is actually great exercise because it works every part of your body, and hell, who wouldn't want a GF that knows how to pole-dance and lap dance?

Nate-ForLiberty
07-06-2010, 02:32 PM
I didn't see how this was marketed toward underage girls. I'd be morally outraged if the ad was "Sexy pole dancing with Dora!"

Vessol
07-06-2010, 02:34 PM
Oh no! It's da moral police! WEE-OOO WEE-OOO WEE-OOO

RM918
07-06-2010, 02:39 PM
Oh no! It's da moral police! WEE-OOO WEE-OOO WEE-OOO

Hey, unlike the others it's not like I want to outlaw it. I just think it's personally unattractive.

MelissaWV
07-06-2010, 02:41 PM
Channel surfing the other day, I ran across a channel that was airing "House", which I've never watched, but understand if a vary popular show, especially with the younger set. This was the commercial it cut to:

basically it's an instructional video on pole and lap dancing pretending to be an exercise video.

-t

While I agree with the spirit of the post (that people are teaching kids to be way too free with themselves at the drop of a hat), "House" is most assuredly not a kids' show. The women on the site look very, very of age. Belly dancing, pole dancing, lap dancing, and numerous other such activities actually are great for working one's entire body, toning some otherwise difficult-to-target muscle groups, and have nice side effects.

The trouble here is the assumption that these side effects lead one to be "slutty/strippers." Everyone's a stripper at some point... most of us only to an audience of one. Sensuality in a solid, loving, longterm relationship is a very good thing, and it adds to how special that person you're in a relationship with is to you.

I wouldn't take that kind of class in a group, which is why those videotapes make sense in general.

Incidentally, if given the choice between teaching a hypothetical daughter to strip (and then speaking to her about under what circumstances these new-found skills should be employed) and teaching a hypothetical daughter to sit on her butt all day and do no physical activity, I would certainly choose the former every time.

Romulus
07-06-2010, 02:41 PM
Ok we know who doesn't have kids here. ;) When you do you'll understand... you can't watch TV without the remote in your hand at all times ready to switch the channel.. if its not this slutty crap, its some crime show showing dead bodies and so on.

And look at us, we are a direct reflection of our trashy culture. Life imitates art.

MelissaWV
07-06-2010, 02:49 PM
Ok we know who doesn't have kids here. ;) When you do you'll understand... you can't watch TV without the remote in your hand at all times ready to switch the channel.. if its not this slutty crap, its some crime show showing dead bodies and so on.

And look at us, we are a direct reflection of our trashy culture. Life imitates art.

Like I said, I agree with the sentiment, but what are "the kids" doing watching "House"? The show DOES have dead bodies, medical traumas, making out, cursing, and general meanness.

In all fairness, if I had kids they would watch everything on DVR, which is what I do with my niece (and will do with my nephew). No commercials, and they're only a little behind the "live" episode. I sympathize with the fact that channels don't seem to have even a bit of common sense anymore. This is particularly true of the erectile dysfunction fad of late. My niece, who was maybe 7 at the time, came up to me and my sister while I was at her place and said, plain as day, "I wish that man would stop complaining about his rerection." She said it in the most forlorn fashion, too. I didn't even realize, until that point, that those kinds of commercials appeared during daytime programming, mingling in with kid-friendly shows.

If your kid is watching "House," though, they already know about all that stuff :p

Austrian Econ Disciple
07-06-2010, 02:52 PM

Why not take the time out to explain to your children why these things are wrong without censoring them from the world? Children have all the capacity to learn. They are eager individuals, and contrary to the myth, they actually want to learn. You don't teach them anything of value by censoring them, in fact you push them towards said activity by inculcating them.

Elwar
07-06-2010, 02:53 PM
"sexy pole dancing with dora!"

hot!

:d

TinCanToNA
07-06-2010, 02:57 PM
Incidentally, if given the choice between teaching a hypothetical daughter to strip (and then speaking to her about under what circumstances these new-found skills should be employed) and teaching a hypothetical daughter to sit on her butt all day and do no physical activity, I would certainly choose the former every time.How dare you think?! :D

I don't necessarily understand the problem the original poster poses. If you are considered a valuable source of information by your children, then you can address your concerns about what you think may be not be a good workout routine or not. If you are not considered a valuable source of information by your children, then I'm not sure what to say other than it may be time to consider changing parenting strategies.

If you are just uncomfortable talking about stripping with your little girl, then Welcome to Parenthood™. Time to take responsibility, no?

MelissaWV
07-06-2010, 03:01 PM
Slightly off-topic:

The comment about dead body horror movies made me chuckle. One of my fond memories from childhood was watching my first really violent film at age seven. Mom was with me, and so was my sister, and we watched it first on a little tiny black and white television at the beach house. It was Aliens. My parents did NOT have to tell me to cover my eyes and "duck" because, well, I did that on my own often enough. I even did that during the "Top Gun" sex scene, though that was more from the primal embarrassment of watching people touching one another on the theater screen with mom & dad in the same row. I still kind of pretend to look the other way whenever someone's making out onscreen and I'm in the same room as my parents. It's just... yuck!

But yeah, I watched that stuff from an early age and I'm not out torturing animals or killing people. Some stuff certainly made an impression, but it's a fond memory and I wouldn't trade it.

I still would edit out commercials, though, because they don't add much value to anything (even the "tame" ones) until they're old enough to understand it's a trick to get them to buy things they don't need.

Romulus
07-06-2010, 03:01 PM
Why not take the time out to explain to your children why these things are wrong without censoring them from the world? Children have all the capacity to learn. They are eager individuals, and contrary to the myth, they actually want to learn. You don't teach them anything of value by censoring them, in fact you push them towards said activity by inculcating them.

So we should teach them sex education in kindergarten? For gods sakes kids need to be kids without the burden of shit they'll have to deal with in their adult lives.

Parents need to be parents, period, but as soon as they arent, there is a predatory culture waiting to suck them in while your looking the other way.

Disney for example..

Matt Collins
07-06-2010, 03:05 PM

Your first problem is watching TV at all :rolleyes:

Austrian Econ Disciple
07-06-2010, 03:07 PM
So we should teach them sex education in kindergarten? For gods sakes kids need to be kids without the burden of shit they'll have to deal with in their adult lives.

Parents need to be parents, period, but as soon as they arent, there is a predatory culture waiting to suck them in while your looking the other way.

Disney for example..

Something tells me House isn't too popular among the 5 year old population, but I digress.

If my 5 year old brought that up to me, then yes I would explain it to them. I'm not going to push anything on my children. If they have questions I will seek to answer them to the best of my ability nor will I censor the world around them. My kids will be brought up in a libertarian household.

Besides, I'm against compulsory education so stop attacking me with that absurd strawman. "We" shouldn't do anything, but "I" will parent my children and teach them the libertarian philosophy not by prosleytizing to them, but by being a real living-breathing example.

Romulus
07-06-2010, 03:11 PM

we rarely do.. its off 90% of the time.. the other time its neglectavision for the kids via Thomas the train or something wholesome and pure...lol

Its a culture war out there.. and it just gets worse and worse.. how do you think we ended up here? Raise them on Disney then move them on to MTV then right into their respective left/right slot.

Austrian Econ Disciple
07-06-2010, 03:13 PM
we rarely do.. its off 90% of the time.. the other time its neglectavision for the kids via Thomas the train or something wholesome and pure...lol

Its a culture war out there.. and it just gets worse and worse.. how do you think we ended up here? Raise them on Disney then move them on to MTV then right into their respective left/right slot.

Yep, that darn TV and Woodrow Wilson! That darn TV, and those promiscuous hoodlums and Lincoln! Those darn British and that damn TV! Let me know how censoring the world they will encounter works out when you have taught them nothing. Luckily my parents were different.

Romulus
07-06-2010, 03:16 PM
Something tells me House isn't too popular among the 5 year old population, but I digress.

If my 5 year old brought that up to me, then yes I would explain it to them. I'm not going to push anything on my children. If they have questions I will seek to answer them to the best of my ability nor will I censor the world around them. My kids will be brought up in a libertarian household.

Besides, I'm against compulsory education so stop attacking me with that absurd strawman. "We" shouldn't do anything, but "I" will parent my children and teach them the libertarian philosophy not by prosleytizing to them, but by being a real living-breathing example.

Thats ok, but dont be surprised when your kids dont respect you cause you smoked weed in front of them when they were 5. Not saying that you would... just saying..

I guess some are ok with early exposure to sex, death and drugs with their youngins.. im not one of them. I believe there is a time and place for everything and that I have say in when that applies.

Austrian Econ Disciple
07-06-2010, 03:18 PM
Thats ok, but dont be surprised when your kids dont respect you cause you smoked weed in front of them when they were 5. Not saying that you would... just saying..

I guess some are ok with early exposure to sex, death and drugs with their youngins.. im not one of them. I believe there is a time and place for everything and that I have say in when that applies.

This bullshit again? I just brought up the absurdity that is conflating a persons political philosophy with their personal philosophy. I'm done with this, you can't have an intelligent conversation with a person who can't even grasp the simplicity of the situation, even when outlining explicitly the opposite in the same thread (The same post no less!!). Good lord.

Kludge
07-06-2010, 03:20 PM
hot!

:d

+1

Romulus
07-06-2010, 03:22 PM
Yep, that darn TV and Woodrow Wilson! That darn TV, and those promiscuous hoodlums and Lincoln! Those darn British and that damn TV! Let me know how censoring the world they will encounter works out when you have taught them nothing. Luckily my parents were different.

Yes lucky for you.

Its not censoring, its called letting a kid be a kid. Come back when you can speak with some experience.

emazur
07-06-2010, 03:24 PM

TV is what you make of it - you have to filter out the the garbage to get to the good stuff. The majority of TV is crap, but so is the majority of books, magazines, music, radio, and hell - people. There's also plenty of junk on RonPaulForums. Besides, people who bitch about TV never seem to be above watching TV shows or segments on youtube and hulu. I'm damn glad Stossel and Judge Nap have shows and there's some good fiction and entertainment out there as well if you look for it.

KurtBoyer25L
07-06-2010, 03:25 PM
I sympathize with the fact that channels don't seem to have even a bit of common sense anymore. This is particularly true of the erectile dysfunction fad of late. My niece, who was maybe 7 at the time, came up to me and my sister while I was at her place and said, plain as day, "I wish that man would stop complaining about his rerection."

Best story ever. You can tell your niece that lots of grownups really hate those commercials too. I'm one of them. *shudders*

Mostly this thread just reminds me that I hate strip clubs and dancing girls. You know why? Because I'm a heterosexual person. Being surrounded by alcoholic & horny degraded men is always a great start. Then here's the pole dancer, she's swinging her ass & shoulders in gigantic monotonous circles that I sincerely *hope* she doesn't do in the sack, and she isn't moving like a woman does when she's turned on and jumps on you. It's more like sleazy dance-yoga. She appears to be on autopilot like somebody pressed a "circle spin & wag" button on her back. Every so often, she glares at me coldly. Meanwhile if I don't stuff enough money between her boobs, she starts licking the 50 year old frat guy next to me with his bad breath, and then sits on his forehead.

Man. I'm feeling so turned on just thinking about it. :rolleyes:

Austrian Econ Disciple
07-06-2010, 03:25 PM
Yes lucky for you.

Its not censoring, its called letting a kid be a kid. Come back when you can speak with some experience.

I have experience. My childhood. I watched mostly what I wanted, and did what I wanted so long as I let my parents know where I went. The times they restricted my freedom of travel, and other such activities I actively resisted, and did not listen to them and did the exact opposite. That is reality. Luckily the times they restricted my freedom were few and far between. They were open about such things as sex (Especially my Mom haha), drugs, alcohol, etc. Not so much violence, death, war, etc., but thats probably because they hold the opposite view I do, with regret (I'm working on it!). So you can see in the area they didn't address I turned out exactly differently, and I'm glad I did so.

I don't do any drugs, I hardly drink, and I'm a peaceful person. Exactly the opposite of what I was exposed to early in my childhood (from the world around me). You should really read John Holt, and stop being such a busy-body moral crusader.

MelissaWV
07-06-2010, 03:27 PM
But... this is a thread about a commercial on during "House," which is about a rude, drug-addicted doctor who encounters an awful lot of non-five-year-old-friendly situations. If your kid is watching that show, and you're going to then complain about a commercial for grown-ups using pole dancing as exercise, it seems you're kind of messing up to begin with.

"House" is rated as appropriate for "children" aged 15+ by a lot of the parenting websites out there. By the time your kid is 15+, if gyrating clothed women exercising is too risque for them, they really do have problems.

evilfunnystuff
07-06-2010, 03:28 PM

lol

KurtBoyer25L
07-06-2010, 03:35 PM
What if you take Tylenol in front of your kids when they're five? It has killed more people than weed has.

Vessol
07-06-2010, 03:40 PM

The only way they are going to have "less respect" for you is if they are conditioned through education to think that anyone who does (insert activity here) is questionable.

I remember when we had DARE at our school and they told us how bad drugs are and how everyone who takes drugs is evil, insane and wants you too take drugs too. I was scared shitless because my mother smoked and had the occasional drink.

I timidly finally asked her about it and she got pissed that the school was shoving that into my mind.

She then taught me about prohibition and how the government tries to regulate too many things.

Surprise surprise, I do not smoke cigarettes and I rarely have a drink.

And my mother is the person I have the most respect for out of anyone else.

Working Poor
07-06-2010, 03:58 PM
Hell maybe AI ought to do a B]teaching[/B] video myself. Thanks for thr idea :D

TheBlackPeterSchiff
07-06-2010, 04:00 PM
Sounds good to me :p

Romulus
07-06-2010, 04:03 PM
What if you take Tylenol in front of your kids when they're five? It has killed more people than weed has.

Depends on your behavior with the substance. A 5yr old is smart enough to know that when parents dont respect themselves, they dont get respect.

Romulus
07-06-2010, 04:09 PM
I have experience. My childhood. I watched mostly what I wanted, and did what I wanted so long as I let my parents know where I went. The times they restricted my freedom of travel, and other such activities I actively resisted, and did not listen to them and did the exact opposite. That is reality. Luckily the times they restricted my freedom were few and far between. They were open about such things as sex (Especially my Mom haha), drugs, alcohol, etc. Not so much violence, death, war, etc., but thats probably because they hold the opposite view I do, with regret (I'm working on it!). So you can see in the area they didn't address I turned out exactly differently, and I'm glad I did so.

I don't do any drugs, I hardly drink, and I'm a peaceful person. Exactly the opposite of what I was exposed to early in my childhood (from the world around me). You should really read John Holt, and stop being such a busy-body moral crusader.

It does not take a religious belief to recognize a culture war that exist to corrupt and indoctrinate your kids, teenagers and young adults.

Austrian Econ Disciple
07-06-2010, 04:11 PM
It does not take a religious belief to recognize a culture war that exist to corrupt and indoctrinate your kids, teenagers and young adults.

Um, no you have it wrong. They won when they established the first public compulsory education system. If you want to stop the corruption, and indoctrination of your children then abolish the public educational system. You are grasping at the wrong things here. (Hence why I said you should take the time out and read John Holt)

Romulus
07-06-2010, 04:16 PM
It depends on the school, but I do agree with you. Both pop culture and public education CAN be equally dangerous.

Were you home schooled? I bet most here were not.. I wasn't. Again it depends on the area.. mine was a very small town school.. and our teachers are a reflection of the self sufficient community we have here, so the schools are very good actually.

I will look into John Holt.

White Knight
07-06-2010, 04:20 PM

-t

Libertarians are conservatives who are horny. We all support pole dancing and great female bodies here! :D

KurtBoyer25L
07-06-2010, 04:21 PM
There might be a culture war, and there is certainly a philosophical & moral bankruptcy in our society, but most conspiracy theories ascribe too much intelligence to those being accused, and this is one of them. There is no special collusion between people say, producing mainstream rap videos, pole dancing strip clubs, and CNBC. People just sell out to make a buck or cover up their fears and insecurity.

Do you mean to say that use of some drugs indicates self-respect and usage of other drugs indicates a lack of self-respect? What are you basing that on? Did you know that it's possible to be faded & still lucid, common sensical/serious, a good parent, accomplishing chores etc...even debate the existence of a culture war on RPF?

P.S. At least one of us does *not* support pole dancing as a form of personal enjoyment. I mean I support people's right to do it. I'd rather watch my girlfriend play Tetris.

specsaregood
07-06-2010, 04:22 PM
I remember when we had DARE at our school and they told us how bad drugs are and how everyone who takes drugs is evil, insane and wants you too take drugs too. I was scared shitless because my mother smoked and had the occasional drink.

I timidly finally asked her about it and she got pissed that the school was shoving that into my mind.

She then taught me about prohibition and how the government tries to regulate too many things.

Surprise surprise, I do not smoke cigarettes and I rarely have a drink.

Not surprised, research has shown that kids that went through the DARE program had a lower self-esteem and were actually more likely to try drugs than kids that didn't.
http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,99564,00.html

Romulus
07-06-2010, 04:25 PM
There might be a culture war, and there is certainly a philosophical & moral bankruptcy in our society, but most conspiracy theories ascribe too much intelligence to those being accused, and this is one of them. There is no special collusion between people say, producing mainstream rap videos, pole dancing strip clubs, and CNBC. People just sell out to make a buck or cover up their fears and insecurity.

Do you mean to say that use of some drugs indicates self-respect and usage of other drugs indicates a lack of self-respect? What are you basing that on? Did you know that it's possible to be faded & still lucid, common sensical/serious, a good parent, accomplishing chores etc...even debate the existence of a culture war on RPF?

Where do you think that comes from? Culture war = profits, yes. Sex, death and destruction sells. Corruption creates and establishes a future market.

I am saying that your kids treat you the way you treat yourself.

Vessol
07-06-2010, 04:35 PM
I am saying that your kids treat you the way you treat yourself.

And how are you treating yourself if you smoke marijuana?

Elle
07-06-2010, 05:06 PM
****ETA****** this is from Australia's Got Talent

YouTube - Girlfriend Pure Pole Angels - Candyman (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_eDZGn6bxE)

tangent4ronpaul
07-06-2010, 05:17 PM
By "younger set" I was referring to teens and early twenties. Not 5yo's

Didn't really expect this thread to take off, but since it did - I've got to ask... How many of you ordered the DVD?

-t

MelissaWV
07-06-2010, 05:19 PM
By "younger set" I was referring to teens and early twenties. Not 5yo's

Didn't really expect this thread to take off, but since it did - I've got to ask... How many of you ordered the DVD?

-t

I don't think it can teach the relevant posters anything they don't already know....

tangent4ronpaul
07-06-2010, 05:26 PM
I don't think it can teach the relevant posters anything they don't already know....

hmmm... have we ever done a survey of what jobs RPF's females do for a living? :p

-t

JeNNiF00F00
07-06-2010, 05:35 PM

Throw out the TV. Its garbage, it rots the brain and is a beacon for govt. propaganda and desensitization. Not something I would want my impressionable child looking at.

MelissaWV
07-06-2010, 05:35 PM
hmmm... have we ever done a survey of what jobs RPF's females do for a living? :p

-t

You're making another leap, but yes, there have been career surveys done all over these forums :)

It gets back to the original post. The assumption is that belly dancing, stripper pole use, or chair dancing (there really aren't laps involved while you're working out) are the actions of someone who's slutty or who is a professional stripper (or wants to be, which usually makes the person in question slutty in the eyes of polite society). You know, it's perfectly possible and actually quite alluring for someone to have all the skills in the world... and just use them on one person. I said earlier that we're all strippers. It's true. Unless you're a virgin, you've taken your clothing off "for" someone. Being able to do this without hopping around or being awkward is a good skill to have.

There are much bigger fish to fry, and if a parent is smart they'll just skip past these commercials in some way. Honestly, if you were a 15-year-old boy would you want to miss out on these commercials? I think some parents are afraid of what their kids will think, because they remember what THEY thought as children, and it terrifies them. Parents tend to think the worst of their kids.

I don't think I'd respect my parents if I felt they were afraid of gyrating women. Maybe it's a cultural thing. I see more gyrating at family functions, often between married couples doing culturally-sanctioned dances.

White Knight
07-06-2010, 06:17 PM
****ETA****** this is from Australia's Got Talent

YouTube - Girlfriend Pure Pole Angels - Candyman (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_eDZGn6bxE)

Awesome, only it should be done in the nude.

The Patriot
07-06-2010, 09:14 PM
It doesn't seem marketed towards kids. I have no problem with young women(over 18 of course) being in good shape and knowing how to move their body. I think most men find this to be attractive, unless you are a prude.

CCTelander
07-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Yes lucky for you.

Does having raised 4 kids to adulthood count as "some experience" to you?

Well, my wife and I have done just that. From infancy on, whatever movies or TV shows we watched, they watched. Whatever video games I played, they played. Hell, 2 of my boys were practically raised on Grand Theft Auto.

Whenever they had questions, we explained it to the best of our ability. We took the time also to explain many things they didn't ask about. In spite of what some in this thread would clearly consider negligent parenting, none of them have grown up into the moral reprobates they seem to think results.

By contrast, I know a good number of people who were raised in a more fundamentalist environment, and who were deliberately sheltered from all of that stuff and much more. Many of them have serious challenges in dealing with real world situations.

Does any of this prove anything? Just that the results some seem to think are inevitable most definitely are not, and that sheltering kids from real world situations is most certainly not always the best way to go.

The Patriot
07-06-2010, 09:52 PM

And it is clear you are trying to corrupt kids with your bible belt social conservative brand of indoctrination. Maybe we are just on different sides of the "culture war". There are those of us who believe in social freedom and those of us who don't.

specsaregood
07-06-2010, 09:53 PM

"Hard work good, hard work fine, but first take care of head".

Treating yourself good I'd say.

Austrian Econ Disciple
07-06-2010, 11:16 PM
Does having raised 4 kids to adulthood count as "some experience" to you?

Well, my wife and I have done just that. From infancy on, whatever movies or TV shows we watched, they watched. Whatever video games I played, they played. Hell, 2 of my boys were practically raised on Grand Theft Auto.

Whenever they had questions, we explained it to the best of our ability. We took the time also to explain many things they didn't ask about. In spite of what some in this thread would clearly consider negligent parenting, none of them have grown up into the moral reprobates they seem to think results.

By contrast, I know a good number of people who were raised in a more fundamentalist environment, and who were deliberately sheltered from all of that stuff and much more. Many of them have serious challenges in dealing with real world situations.

Does any of this prove anything? Just that the results some seem to think are inevitable most definitely are not, and that sheltering kids from real world situations is most certainly not always the best way to go.

Telander, if I ever have children one day, I may have to probe you on libertarian parenting advice (If the occasion shall ever arise -- and on your experiences if you allow).

CCTelander
07-06-2010, 11:18 PM
Telander, if I ever have children one day, I may have to probe you on libertarian parenting advice (If the occasion shall ever arise -- and on your experiences if you allow).

I'm game. But I wasn't a libertarian for a LOT of that time! Was mostly a minarchist/CONstitutionalist.

CCTelander
07-07-2010, 12:00 AM

BTW, thanks for the compliment!

libertybrewcity
07-07-2010, 12:21 AM
imo it really starts with the family. since a lot of parents aren't home (a healthy dose of both parents) children grow up at school where there is a group of kids that are competing against each other to be the coolest, most bad ass, dude. My family was quite conservative growing up and I didn't watch the simpsons at home till i was in 6 or 7th grade, but whenever I went to a friends house it was like a godsend because I could do whatever I wanted including playing grandtheft auto and watch whatever.

God help the girls. That is one thing that really bothers me and I am a college guy. I feel like I can't trust most girls, probably 1 out of every 100. So many girls slut themselves around and it is really frustrating for one trying to find a good friend. I think about the future and where the hell I am going to find a trustworthy wife and friend.

silus
07-07-2010, 02:06 AM
I'll just have to disagree with both of you. It is actually great exercise because it works every part of your body, and hell, who wouldn't want a GF that knows how to pole-dance and lap dance?
Winner.

To the rest, stop trying to use this company as fodder for the deficiencies of the real leaders of society. Not that this is even indicative of anything... This is akin to those liberals pointing the fingers at "dishonest" corporations vs. trying to understand the source of the problem. Its easy to point the finger, even easier when you really have no idea who to blame, which the thread starter clearly does not. What would RP think...

awake
07-07-2010, 04:39 AM
In a free society you have to endure the choices of others as long as their actions do not physically hurt you or your property . Stripping is consensual as is prostitution... as much as that may bother some people, both parties in these exchanges are not aggressing against one another, it is a voluntary transaction in both instances. The actions may have consequences, but these must be born by the actors.

...paging Walter Block.

Romulus
07-07-2010, 06:35 AM
You're escaping from reality.. and thats a pretty good thing sometimes. As long as you respect yourself and family while youre doing it. Don't know about you, but as a kid, I did not like to see my old man get wasted all the time.

And it is clear you are trying to corrupt kids with your bible belt social conservative brand of indoctrination. Maybe we are just on different sides of the "culture war". There are those of us who believe in social freedom and those of us who don't.

Stop trolling. I'm not a Christian, just a parent who's going to protect his kids from the trash our culture dump upon us. When the time is right, they'll learn the truth of society, its just a matter of when. Unlike some who "use" social freedom to teach their kids sex ed in kindergarten and share weed with their 13yr old. :rolleyes:

I cant tell you how many kids have idolized miley cyrus growing up as 6 yr old, now those 6 yr olds are 12 and are looking up to miley who is turning into a 17yr old slut.. you see where that goes.

Kludge
07-07-2010, 11:36 AM
Libertarians are conservatives who are horny.

+1

silus
07-07-2010, 07:57 PM
Libertarians are conservatives that don't hide their sexual desires through suppression and secrecy.