PDA

View Full Version : Proof the USA economy is in freefall

cindy25
07-06-2010, 03:23 AM
this may seem like an unusual post, but if you analyze it I think you will agree.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Book-20-Forever-Stamps-FREE-SHIPPING-SALE-/370404829570?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain

this listing is one of many on ebay selling postage below face/cost. there has always been below face stamps among collectors but these are current booklets/sheets, so they were recently purchased from the post office.

net to the seller counting postage and ebay fees comes to 67% of face value, and keep in mind there are hundreds of these, some selling thousands of stamps. Many have no bids.

also, the USPS does not sell wholesale, even the sub-stations in pharmacies pay full value.

stolen-I can't see how all these were stolen , by vast variety of sellers.

counterfeit-someone would have noticed

sevin
07-06-2010, 04:37 AM
How is this proof the economy is in freefall?

cindy25
07-06-2010, 05:01 AM
unless these stamps are stolen or counterfeit they are being sold far below cost. mint postage from the time of the Columbian Expo (1892) has always traded close to face. 67% is far below even depression rates.

FrankRep
07-06-2010, 05:03 AM
Proof the USA economy is in freefall

No. It's ebay.

cindy25
07-06-2010, 05:43 AM
I look at ebay as an on line flea market, but prices lately seem to make no sense. I don't know the wholesale cost of clothes, and there could be liquidation sales etc but the post office does not have sales, and businesses don't sell at 33% below cost unless desperately needing cash.