PDA

View Full Version : Reminder: Get on digg.com!

giskard
05-17-2007, 12:15 AM
Get registered on digg.com

http://digg.com/register

So you can vote on stories that you think should be brought to the top.

Do a search for "Ron Paul" and vote for the stories that should be brought up!

Here are the search results:
http://digg.com/search?section=news&s=%22ron+paul%22

Anne
05-17-2007, 12:23 AM
I'm over on digg.com and am always digging up Ron Paul stories. It's great to see that so many people over there support him.

tsoldrin
05-17-2007, 12:59 AM
At one point I posted on Digg asking to stop spamming, but I think it's snowballed so far beyond that, that I won't even bother anymore. Still, I'll point out that you're more likely to garner GOOD attention by being polite in comments and not posting duplicate stories... it's always better to try to not make enemies (though sometimes unavoidable).

Beyond that... some strategies available...

Timing is important on digg. Late night articles require less diggs to get to the front page but also get less readers. Weekdays there are flurry times, right before work, at lunch time and after work mostly... but on both the east and west time zones, so it's staggered.

Submitting can be important... if you just submit something, you're rolling the dice that someone against you will find it first and they and their buddies will burry it. Best chance is to submit through a site with decent trafic (this one doesn't have the numbers yet but probably will soon) which increases initial diggs right off the bat to combat the burries.

Bury can be your friend. Use it on the opposition and use it on the negative commenters.

RSS can be your friend. Keep informed.

I'll write more on digg in another post later.. I'm working on a useful widget, but I havn't coded since the 90's ...
---
Don't forget, there are other sites like digg... we should put together a full list, but off the top of my head some of the bigger ones are: shoutwire.com , netscape.com , reddit.com , stumbleupon.com and delicious.

This is a cash poor campaign and we need to make use of every opportunity. Educate yourself and go to war armed.

MsDoodahs
05-17-2007, 08:10 AM
Help me out with how to do this whole "digg" thing.

:)

I've registered.

What is the appropriate way to "digg" something?

Is it finding the article online somewhere and clicking the little "digg this" that sometimes appears near the end somewhere?

If I do that, is that appropriate or inappropriate "digg etiquette?"

Or, am I supposed to search THEIR site (from the home page, I presume?) and then click something there on what pops up?

Thanks in advance for your patience with my net ignorance. :)