PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Think of This Ad?

RebelRoss0587
07-05-2010, 09:49 PM
YouTube - What's up with the couch? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycwlVz_Dlfc)

I personally find it very refreshing to see a candidate who can spend some time in Washington, but not become corrupted or filled with the stink of Washington.

libertybrewcity
07-05-2010, 09:54 PM
neocon?

kpitcher
07-05-2010, 10:59 PM
Let's not forget he's a liar. In 2004, Hoekstra did not meet his initial term limits pledge by announcing that he would run for a seventh term, citing his membership on the Select Committee on Intelligence. He ran as not being just another politician, gave a personal term limit pledge and now he's still around. That sounds like almost every other politician out there.

0zzy
07-05-2010, 11:11 PM
Let's not forget he's a liar. In 2004, Hoekstra did not meet his initial term limits pledge by announcing that he would run for a seventh term, citing his membership on the Select Committee on Intelligence. He ran as not being just another politician, gave a personal term limit pledge and now he's still around. That sounds like almost every other politician out there.

give me something more than breaking a term limit pledgeeeee.

RebelRoss0587
07-06-2010, 08:18 AM

He's out now. He said he needed to finish some of his projects and left it up to the voters to decide if they would allow him to. It's not like he bypassed the election process or something.

erowe1
07-06-2010, 08:22 AM
It's not like he bypassed the election process or something.

Right. He promised that he would bypass the election process (i.e. not run) and then broke that promise. But that's small potatoes really. Hoekstra is a typical, party-line, Republican. If we're going to going to rally behind him, we might as well be McCain supporters. Hoekstra is definitely corrupted with the stink of DC.

Ross, why is it that the only times you ever show up here are when you're promoting candidates who totally stink? Seriously, it's not just a matter of occasional disagreements on this or that lukewarm patriot. It's like your whole raison d'etre. Are you on some kind of personal mission to bring RP supporters over to the GOP establishment?

dean.engelhardt
07-06-2010, 09:06 AM
Think of it as a job interview. This guy is asking you for a very very nice job. Sleeping on a couch is nice shtick, but says nothing about how he is going to do the job.

1) Does he support indiviual liberty?
2) Does he support reducing world empire building?
3) Does he support reducing government spending and debt?

If he can answer yes to these, it doesn't matter what he sleeps on.

erowe1
07-06-2010, 09:18 AM
Think of it as a job interview. This guy is asking you for a very very nice job. Sleeping on a couch is nice shtick, but says nothing about how he is going to do the job.

1) Does he support indiviual liberty?
2) Does he support reducing world empire building?
3) Does he support reducing government spending and debt?

If he can answer yes to these, it doesn't matter what he sleeps on.

The answer to all three is a resounding NO.

angelatc
07-06-2010, 09:19 AM
HOekstra sucks. Farm subsidies out the yang, funds big Art, cowered away from voting "no" on extending unemployment benefits by not voting in April, voted 'Yes" in November, voted No on backup paper ballots....I can go on and on and on.

Of course, Newt endorsed him because of all of those things.

I'm probably voting Snyder in the primary. At least he has a real business background.