PDA

View Full Version : Jamarcus Russell arrested for illegal possession of cough syrup

Brian4Liberty
07-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Feel free to contact this backwoods Sheriff in Mobile, Alabama and let them know that you appreciate their efficient and effective use of taxpayer money. :rolleyes:

Personally, I could not feel safe on the streets knowing Jamarcus was out and using cough syrup. On the other hand, maybe it would make him even slower than he already is when I sneak up and slap him upside the head for his Quarterbacking performance for the past couple of years. ;)

Jamarcus Russell arrested: former Raiders QB busted for "codeine syrup"

MOBILE, Ala. - As current Oakland Raiders Quarterback Kyle Boller's life's on the upswing after his marriage for former Miss USA Carrie Prejean last Friday, Former Raiders QB and 2007 1st Round NFL Draft Pick Quarterback Jamarcus Russell was arrested in Mobile, Alabama, Monday, for "possession of a controlled substance," according to the Mobile Press-Register.

The "drug" he was arrested for was "codeine syrup" according to the Mobile County Sheriff's Office.

What is "codeine syrup?"

Codeine syrup is described as medicinal drug that is also used to get high. The reason Jamarcus Russell was arrested was that he did not have a prescription for its use in his possession. It's the main ingredient in what's called "Purple drank," a slang term for "a recreational drug popular in the hip hop community in the southern United States" according to Wikipedia.

Jamarcus Russell posted bail of $2,500 after being arrested at 4:22 EDT according to the Press-Register.

Stay tuned.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/abraham/detail??blogid=95&entry_id=67224#ixzz0srMTOQoQ

speciallyblend
07-05-2010, 07:17 PM
haha, i need to smoke a fat joint and eat some special bronwies over this story and sit back and laugh!!! i feel sorry for russell, next time he should drink bottles of vanilla extract:P and chase with some malt liquor and some 44d:)

RileyE104
07-05-2010, 07:18 PM
I know kids who get wasted on Nyquil and CCC cough medicine.
There's no stopping it. Laws against stuff like this are useless. They should just let the guy go.

speciallyblend
07-05-2010, 07:20 PM
I know kids who get wasted on Nyquil and CCC cough medicine.
There's no stopping it. Laws against stuff like this are useless. They should just let the guy go.

waste of tax payer money!!!! i remember roboing when younger. i did it once and thought to myself screw this crap. give me a brownie:)

Koz
07-05-2010, 07:25 PM
Isn't he with the Jets now?

silus
07-05-2010, 08:11 PM
Isn't he with the Jets now?
I heard the same, the Jets are thin at right tackle.

Brian4Liberty
07-06-2010, 11:04 AM
I heard the same, the Jets are thin at right tackle.

Waterboy. "Need some cough syrup with that Gatorade?"