PDA

View Full Version : News Organizations Ignoring Ron Paul

american.swan
10-14-2007, 06:46 PM
Lets assume for a moment that the secretaries and media members aren't ignoring Ron Paul for political reasons.

Why would they ignore Doctor Paul if it isn't a conspiracy?

There are some reasons. The media people honestly don't know anything about Ron Paul and they believe what the media has told the masses. "he has no support"; "his supporters are radical and few".

So I am going to say that the mass media's treatment of Ron Paul has turned off other honest media from covering him.

You march in front of a tv station and they'll probably laugh it off. "small radicals group, no supporters, begging for attention."

Ron Paul HAS to win some primaries to wake up the local media stations to the fact that there is main stream support for Ron Paul. AKA more of the populous is more libertarian then the media thinks.

Ron Paul Fan
10-14-2007, 06:56 PM
It's because he isn't polling high in the national polls and that's all the media shows and talks about on tv. Hopefully these radio ads will help raise his state poll numbers and he might get more press. All we can do is keep spreading the message and donating money. If we get to the $12 million goal then they'll have a hard time ignoring us. If Congressman Paul wins one of the early primaries, they will cover him as a contender. The campaign is just starting to run ads so we have to just keep doing what we're doing and the media coverage will eventually come. We got Dr. Paul up to $5 million this quarter and look what it did as far as interviews and media coverage. Money talks these days.

Drknows
10-14-2007, 07:08 PM
Its because the media is still putting him on a level with Dennis Kucinich even though Ron Paul is out raising him. How much media coverage does Dennis get?

BarryDonegan
10-14-2007, 07:12 PM
its not ron paul specific, its not clinton, obama, giuliani, romney and thompson specific.

dodd, biden, lots of legit candidates dont get a reasonable shake.

FreedomLover
10-14-2007, 07:40 PM
its not ron paul specific, its not clinton, obama, giuliani, romney and thompson specific.

Voice of reason.

I've seen much more discussion about ron paul on MSM than on gravel, dodd, biden, brownback, tancredo, and kucinich combined.

FreedomLover
10-14-2007, 07:41 PM
And like someone else said, when ron paul starts polling higher than 2% on national polls, the MSM will start paying attention.

They gave him some coverage with the 5 million $. To the MSM, money and polls dictate how much coverage a candidate gets. Sad but true.

american.swan
10-14-2007, 08:35 PM

right. Very good.

Cowlesy
10-14-2007, 08:40 PM
I agree. I'm hoping Benton and crew sound the horn when FEC numbers come out tomorrow and Ron has a lot more cash on hand than most of the others.

They did a good job of marketing his $5 million, this will be another prime opportunity for them to market Net Assets (Assets minus Liabilities) if they have more than Mccain (I think they will).

Also, we'll find out what size check Romney wrote himself. I think it might be a big number, as if it was a small check they probably would have said so by now to deflate any negative press this coming week It will be interesting to see if you subtract Romney's self financing, if he ends up under $10 million raised for the quarter.

Personally what I am interested in seeing is what Mike Huckabee's cash-on-hand was at the end of Q3, and whether the media will glaze over it or point it out as a serious weakness.