PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul on CNN RIGHT NOW talking about Michael Steele + more

MRoCkEd
07-05-2010, 04:59 PM
On now

low preference guy
07-05-2010, 05:08 PM
On now

not a rerun?

MRoCkEd
07-05-2010, 05:10 PM
not a rerun?
Nope.

Ron is all fired up. More after the break.

Kotin
07-05-2010, 05:12 PM
Ron is on fire

someperson
07-05-2010, 05:12 PM
If anyone has a stream link, I'd appreciate it :)

Edit: I caught the last second on this site:
http://www.tikilive.com/show/the-news

I was too late lol

rprprs
07-05-2010, 05:19 PM
Thanks, MRoCkEd. I just caught the second half, but would of missed it entirely if not for your post.

michaelwise
07-05-2010, 05:20 PM
Just saw it, Dr Paul was great as usual. Looks like he got a better web cam. Youtube me.

rprprs
07-05-2010, 05:29 PM
Just saw it, Dr Paul was great as usual. Looks like he got a better web cam. Youtube me.

Yes, he looked good..and much younger than his years. Looks like he might have gotten a tan also.

But did anybody see that follow-up with Ed Rollins? UGH!

low preference guy
07-05-2010, 05:31 PM
But did anybody see that follow-up? UGH!

i didn't. what was it?

Philmanoman
07-05-2010, 05:33 PM
i havent seen it...but found this...when was this?

YouTube - Ron Paul What Kind Of War Is This! If It Was A Real War We Would Have Won By Now!.mp4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv4DOkeWGa4)

rprprs
07-05-2010, 05:33 PM
i didn't. what was it?

Anti Steele, pro Afghanistan war, and a slap in the face to Rand, to boot. I wanted to throw something at the TV.

low preference guy
07-05-2010, 05:34 PM
to Rand? did they say he is antiwar or anti civil rights?

someperson
07-05-2010, 05:35 PM
i havent seen it...but found this...when was this?
That video was from a couple of days ago :)

This link is the original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0ftZgTYgLE
It's far superior to the one that's about 2 minutes long, in my opinion. It's a travesty that it's only been viewed about 1000 times compared to the shorter, less explanatory one. Please spread this link, if you have time.

rprprs
07-05-2010, 05:40 PM
to Rand? did they say he is antiwar or anti civil rights?

No, the commentator (I don' know her name) implied (actually pretty much said) that Rand had been told to shut up by Mitch McConnell. She then asked Ed Rollins if Rand had been treated unfairly by the media. His answer was basically no, it was Rands words that were to blame.

By the way, for those who don't know Rollins, this from Wiki...
Edward John "Ed" Rollins (born March 19, 1943) is a Republican campaign consultant and advisor who has worked on several high-profile political campaigns in the United States. In 1983-84, he was National Campaign Director for the Reagan-Bush '84 campaign, winning 49 of 50 states. In December 2007, he was named the national campaign chairman for the Mike Huckabee campaign for President.

Anti Federalist
07-05-2010, 05:55 PM
Edward John "Ed" Rollins (born March 19, 1943) is a Republican campaign consultant and advisor who has worked on several high-profile political campaigns in the United States. In 1983-84, he was National Campaign Director for the Reagan-Bush '84 campaign, winning 49 of 50 states. In December 2007, he was named the national campaign chairman for the Mike Huckabee campaign for President.

I recall the name from back in the 80s.

Just another system tool.

michaelwise
07-05-2010, 05:56 PM
This is the one that needs to be spread and embedded everywhere. Send it to all the financial blogs too.

YouTube - Ron Paul "What Kind Of War Is This! If It Was A Real War We Would Have Won By Now!" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0ftZgTYgLE)

Koz
07-05-2010, 06:02 PM
Any Tube yet??

Legend1104
07-05-2010, 06:03 PM
Thanks, MRoCkEd. I just caught the second half, but would of missed it entirely if not for your post.

A good rule of thumb is that most of the time Ron Paul interviews are posted in advance on Campaign for Liberty. That is how I knew about it.

MRK
07-05-2010, 06:19 PM
Says this was from yesterday, but this isn't it, is it?

YouTube - Ron Paul on CNN 07/04/10: RNC Chair Michael Steele War Comments (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px0iuJJD7zs&feature=player_embedded#)!

haaaylee
07-05-2010, 06:20 PM
YouTube - Ron Paul on CNN John King USA 07/05/10: Michael Steele, Oil Spill, Rand Paul (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u8h1hFYUfw)

michaelwise
07-05-2010, 06:28 PM
They are now repeating segments of the interview with Ron Paul on CNN. Go Ron Paul, the only politician with a back bone.

Koz
07-05-2010, 06:29 PM
McCain is a twit. "I am for freedom," what does freedom have to do with the Afghanistan war??

michaelwise
07-05-2010, 06:38 PM
McCain is a twit. "I am for freedom," what does freedom have to do with the Afghanistan war??McCain is for the arms manufactures. He can care less about the body bags.

ClayTrainor
07-05-2010, 06:39 PM
Dang! Ron Paul refuses to let the Pundits control the discussion. He's got some real fire in his belly lately. :)

michaelwise
07-05-2010, 06:49 PM
Dang! Ron Paul refuses to let the Pundits control the discussion. He's got some real fire in his belly lately. :)The war issue is a Ron Paul's issue ALONE! He speaks for both parties constituents.

someperson
07-05-2010, 07:05 PM
YouTube - Ron Paul: It Is Obama's War! He's The One Sending More Troops Over There! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew_HtLGB-x8)

catdd
07-05-2010, 07:18 PM
McCain is a twit. "I am for freedom," what does freedom have to do with the Afghanistan war??

I agree.

michaelwise
07-05-2010, 07:24 PM
Dang! Ron Paul refuses to let the Pundits control the discussion. He's got some real fire in his belly lately. :)The main stream media has no intellectual honesty. All they have is talking points that the commentators regurgitate from the teleprompter written by their corporate overlords. It's good to see the MSM dying a free market death. Long live the alternative media.

Uriel999
07-05-2010, 07:25 PM
Ron Paul SMASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :d

tpreitzel
07-05-2010, 07:26 PM
YouTube - Ron Paul: It Is Obama's War! He's The One Sending More Troops Over There! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew_HtLGB-x8)

Holy cow!

This performance from Ron Paul needs to be repeated in ALL of his appearances with the media. The Ron Paul displayed in this video could easily win the POTUS, i.e. his lucid, aggressive, and no-BS responses *, IF consistently repeated. This Ron Paul is the Ron Paul that's necessary to win the general election in 2012. IF Ron Paul runs for POTUS in 2012, this Ron Paul MUST be consistently displayed!

* NO RAMBLING ON DISPLAY HERE!

BenIsForRon
07-05-2010, 07:29 PM
He was a little combative early in the interview, but I imagine he's tired of talking about this. The media is trying their hardest to make this a political story, and Ron Paul is trying his hardest to make this a policy/ideological story.

catdd
07-05-2010, 07:32 PM
Yeah, the media is throwing lemons and he's making lemonade with them.
It's a good opportunity to openly discuss Afghanistan and how badly it is going.

rprprs
07-05-2010, 07:32 PM
He was a little combative early in the interview, but I imagine he's tired of talking about this. The media is trying their hardest to make this a political story, and Ron Paul is trying his hardest to make this a policy/ideological story.

Very true. They are coming at this from entirely different perspectives.

specsaregood
07-05-2010, 07:36 PM

I seem to recall hearing that he approached the RP campaign early on and they had a chance to hire him. They turned him down and he got on the Huckster campaign. If true, there might be a bit of bad-blood there explaining his behavior.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
07-05-2010, 07:38 PM
Very true. They are coming at this from entirely different perspectives.

They cant see beyond the whole Democrat/Republican political prism. Idiots.

someperson
07-05-2010, 07:50 PM
the media is trying their hardest to make this a political story, and ron paul is trying his hardest to make this a policy/ideological story.+1

very true. They are coming at this from entirely different perspectives.+1

they cant see beyond the whole democrat/republican political prism. Idiots.+1 = +111 ;)

ItsTime
07-05-2010, 07:59 PM
WOW what biased coverage. This bitch is just a hack trying to divide the republican party and not caring about AMERICANS.

Good job Ron Paul! PLEASE RUN

silus
07-05-2010, 08:02 PM
The republican party does not brook dissent.

sailingaway
07-05-2010, 08:06 PM
Go Ron!!

sailingaway
07-05-2010, 08:11 PM
And here is the CNN write up!

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/07/05/ron.paul.spill.steele/

someperson
07-05-2010, 08:23 PM
And here is the CNN write up!

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/07/05/ron.paul.spill.steele/
I love how they made the headline about the 30 seconds on the spill, instead of the epic destruction of the war position. I also love the creative "editing" they did to the following quote, among others, omitting the thousands dead that he mentioned, as well as transforming "hundreds of thousands of casualties" into "merely" thousands.

Millions of Americans feel frustrated. This war has gone on too long, cost us too much money, cost us billions of dollars, cost us thousands of casualties," Paul said. "People are tired of the war, and it is going badly.

seeker4sho
07-05-2010, 08:44 PM

Thanks for posting the YouTube. I watched it live but I also like to view again in case I missed something. Ron looked great. He was on his game tonight that is for sure. He was very assertive tonight -- I like that!

specsaregood
07-05-2010, 08:48 PM
Only 66% of Republicans approve of the war in afghanistan!!!!!

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but that looks like progress to me.

seeker4sho
07-05-2010, 09:00 PM

LOL, yep 66% of approximately 20% is not very much support for the war. As Ron pointed out, a large majority (independents) are against the war. The Republican Party cannot win the election with 66% of Republicans. I am surprised the neocons have not figured that out -- they must be slow on the uptake :D

Kregisen
07-05-2010, 09:02 PM

Definitely....1/3 Republicans don't approve of it, that's awesome.

Then again, after nearly a whole decade and us still being over there....what are you gonna do? Still support it? That's over twice as long as we were in WWII...

zero
07-05-2010, 09:05 PM
Normally it seems like Ron tries to avoid using the term "Neocon" so you know when he drops that bomb he's pissed.....

KramerDSP
07-05-2010, 09:05 PM
I posted this on the CNN article. Let's see if it goes through.

In this article, CNN suggests Ron Paul said
"Millions of Americans feel frustrated. This war has gone on too long, cost us too much money, cost us billions of dollars, cost us thousands of casualties," Paul said. "People are tired of the war, and it is going badly."

According to CNN's Transcript, this is what Paul actually said:

PAUL: Well, the whole thing is, I think his statement was rather accurate. I mean, what he was saying, he was expressing the way millions of Americans feel frustrated that this war has gone on too long, has cost us too much money, hundreds of billions of dollars, hundreds of thousands of casualties, people coming back here, deaths up to 5,000 people of all the wars that we've been fighting over there. People are tired of the war, and it's going badly. I mean, we just fired our general, which means that things aren't going well over there."

Why did CNN change "hundreds of thousands" to "thousands"? Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

specsaregood
07-05-2010, 09:07 PM
Definitely....1/3 Republicans don't approve of it, that's awesome.

Ron can win the early primaries with 1/3 of the Republican vote.

KramerDSP
07-05-2010, 09:07 PM
I love how they made the headline about the 30 seconds on the spill, instead of the epic destruction of the war position. I also love the creative "editing" they did to the following quote, among others, omitting the thousands dead that he mentioned, as well as transforming "hundreds of thousands of casualties" into "merely" thousands.

I know! Unbelievable! :rolleyes:

michaelwise
07-05-2010, 09:09 PM
Why does the maim stream media work so hard to keep the American people divided against each other? Perhaps we should discuss the reasons for this too.

specsaregood
07-05-2010, 09:10 PM
Why does the maim stream media work so hard to keep the American people divided against each other? Perhaps we should discuss the reasons for this too.

You did notice that Dr. Paul called them out on that exact topic within the first minute, yes?

Knightskye
07-05-2010, 09:51 PM
Ron was on a roll. Good googly moogly. So many great lines -- "66% of Republicans can't elect a President!"

someperson
07-06-2010, 03:53 AM
I know! Unbelievable! :rolleyes:
Looks like I wasn't the only one who noticed those edits :)

Thanks, Kramer, for writing your comment on their site! I hope that some of the visitors there will read it and think long and hard about why something like that was done.

Edit: I just tried to post a similar comment on their reposted article at: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/07/06/ron-paul-says-government-has-hampered-oil-spill-recovery-efforts-defends-republican-party-chairman/

May I ask why Paul's words were altered, regarding the war? The death toll that he mentioned was omitted, and the HUNDREDS of thousands of casualties became thousands.

You reported that he said, "Millions of Americans feel frustrated. This war has gone on too long, cost us too much money, cost us billions of dollars, cost us thousands of casualties," Paul said. "People are tired of the war, and it is going badly."

Your transcript, on the other hand, which matches the video, states that he said, "I mean, what he was saying, he was expressing the way millions of Americans feel frustrated that this war has gone on too long, has cost us too much money, HUNDREDS of billions of dollars, HUNDREDS of thousands of casualties, people coming back here, DEATHS UP TO 5,000 PEOPLE of all the wars that we've been fighting over there. People are tired of the war, and it's going badly."

It's probably a simple mistake, so please correct the quote when you have a moment. Thanks for your time.

That last line was super ;););););)

eok321
07-06-2010, 05:48 AM
That was an excellent performance from Ron.

Almost opening up the door for himself to run Independant so he can appeal to the majority of Americans rather than the majority of the Republican neo con war mongers.

teacherone
07-06-2010, 06:37 AM
wow! email bomb to dr paul to keep this kind of fighting talk up

Matt Collins
07-06-2010, 12:49 PM
I heard a rumor that Rush Limbaugh is backing Steele on this one. Can anyone confirm?

tpreitzel
07-06-2010, 04:53 PM
A great performance deserves a bump!

MR2Fast2Catch
07-06-2010, 07:32 PM
This was a great interview! Ron seemed very young and energetic here! Definitely good to see him get fired up, in a good way.

I heard a rumor that Rush Limbaugh is backing Steele on this one. Can anyone confirm?

I am almost willing to bet money that you are wrong. We all know Rush. What rumor are you speaking of?

catdd
07-06-2010, 07:50 PM

YouTube - Rush Limbaugh Responds To The Calls For Michael Steele To Resign (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbN2v6KMy-s&feature=player_embedded)

paulitics
07-06-2010, 07:58 PM
YouTube - Rush Limbaugh Responds To The Calls For Michael Steele To Resign (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbN2v6KMy-s&feature=player_embedded)

Yep, Limbaugh, although for his won reasons different than ours has defended Steele...basically saying that this whole thing is petty and that we should move on.

jbuttell
07-06-2010, 08:20 PM
Holy cow!

This performance from Ron Paul needs to be repeated in ALL of his appearances with the media. The Ron Paul displayed in this video could easily win the POTUS, i.e. his lucid, aggressive, and no-BS responses *, IF consistently repeated. This Ron Paul is the Ron Paul that's necessary to win the general election in 2012. IF Ron Paul runs for POTUS in 2012, this Ron Paul MUST be consistently displayed!

* NO RAMBLING ON DISPLAY HERE!

Maybe he had a quad-espresso before this... I agree, I love it when he lets go like this more often. If he brought this every time, no doubt he'd get a serious boost come election time.

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed how fired up (relative to his other speeches) he gets during his CPAC appearances?

anaconda
07-06-2010, 09:55 PM
RP speaks the truth yet again.

CanadaBoy
07-07-2010, 07:23 PM
From Youtube:
"People here are worshipping Paul.
Same people don't give a damn when the Taliban or some other crazy illiterate lunatics return to their traditional ways of murdering women every friday after prayer at the stadium.
Also, Paul kept claiming Iraq wasn't winnable, a disaster etc. - wrong obviously; the fascist dictator Hussein and his psycho gangster family were removed, they had elections over there, Al-Quaida has been dealt a blow etc: it is looking better."

someperson
07-07-2010, 07:46 PM
From Youtube:
"People here are worshipping Paul.
Same people don't give a damn when the Taliban or some other crazy illiterate lunatics return to their traditional ways of murdering women every friday after prayer at the stadium.
Also, Paul kept claiming Iraq wasn't winnable, a disaster etc. - wrong obviously; the fascist dictator Hussein and his psycho gangster family were removed, they had elections over there, Al-Quaida has been dealt a blow etc: it is looking better."
Nice appeals to emotion in that argument. Yes, the military can certainly make those individuals better people by murdering their family members and friends with "bombs of benevolence," while granting them the freedom to either pledge fealty to yet another in a long line of our "elected" puppet dictators, or be labeled as an insurgent/terrorist. The state just needs to borrow another $498982347923847239847 from China, while inflating the money supply to do it. Yes, this sounds like a great plan...

oh, wait. lol @ "Al-Quaida." """""They""""" had no presence in Iraq under Hussein.