PDA

View Full Version : Census worker taken to court for trespassing...

phill4paul
07-05-2010, 09:17 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100705/ap_on_re_us/us_census_squabble

HONOLULU – Census worker Russell Haas has come to expect a little resistance when he goes door to door to count the residents of the rugged communities near Hawaii's Kilauea volcano. He didn't expect to get arrested.

An attempt to get one resident, a county police officer, to fill out Census forms landed Haas in the back of a patrol car with a trespassing charge.

tangent4ronpaul
07-05-2010, 06:36 PM
Nationwide, they have met more hostility than they did in the last count a decade ago. The agency tallied 436 incidents involving assaults or threats against its 635,000 enumerators through June 29, more than double the 181 incidents in 2000.

The increase came amid the resurgence of anti-government sentiment in the past year.

Disappointing. By this measure the country still has a ways to go before we will see some real positive change.

-t

phill4paul
07-05-2010, 06:39 PM
Disappointing. By this measure the country still has a ways to go before we will see some real positive change.

-t

Indeed.

Anti Federalist
07-05-2010, 06:42 PM
The increase came amid the resurgence of anti-government sentiment in the past year.

Think it would ever occur to Boobus why there is a resurgence in "anti government sentiment"?

Nope.

Boobus accepts it as gospel that anti government sentiment is because a half black man is president and terrorism is because "they hate us for our freedoms".

angelatc
07-05-2010, 11:05 PM
Think it would ever occur to Boobus why there is a resurgence in "anti government sentiment"?

Nope.

Boobus accepts it as gospel that anti government sentiment is because a half black man is president and terrorism is because "they hate us for our freedoms".

Wait - so we hate us because we're free? :confused:

james1906
07-05-2010, 11:07 PM

Yes, our chicken fried, cold beer, and jeans that fit just right are the root of terrorism.

Anti Federalist
07-05-2010, 11:16 PM

HaH LoL, so I wasn't clear.

Boobus thinks anti government feelings are just because of a black president, and he thinks foreign terrorists hate us because of our freedoms.

pacelli
07-06-2010, 04:56 AM
I wrote a letter claiming a religious exemption from the census, and sent that in along with my form (only answered # of people in the house), and twice now the census workers have been combing the neighborhood. They've skipped my house both times. It appears to have worked. They visited houses on either side of mine, along with the house across the street (most of whom didn't mail in their forms, and one guy only answered # of people).

I did include in the letter an adhesion clause stating that I was not interested in receiving phone calls or in-person visits because of my belief that such attention would be a violation of my first amendment right to religious free exercise. I'm fully prepared to litigate the issue, but it appears that they aren't interested in pursuing the matter.