PDA

View Full Version : Breitbart launches new site: bigpeace.com

specsaregood
07-05-2010, 12:35 AM
http://dailycaller.com/2010/07/04/andrew-breitbart-launches-long-awaited-pro-freedom-pro-liberty-big-peace/

Andrew Breitbart launches long-awaited ‘pro-freedom, pro-liberty’ Big Peace

Author and commentator Andrew Breitbart today launched the long-awaited Big Peace group blog, less than a year after announcing that work on the project had begun.

Big Peace will focus on foreign policy and military matters and draw from the insights of Pentagon officials, dignitaries, and experts. The site’s editor-in-chief is bestselling author Peter Schweizer.

“It took nine months because this site has to be done right,” Breitbart wrote in a blog post announcing the July 4 birth of the site. “We found the perfect editor.”

Schweizer said that Breitbart also found the perfect launch date.

“We are launching Big Peace on the 4th of July because we believe that freedom is an essential ingredient and condition for peace,” he said. “We are lauching Big Peace on the 4th of July because the American spirit of independence and fight, exhibited by our soldiers, is what ultimately keeps us safe.”

Frank Gaffney, the founder and president of the Center for Security Policy, will also contribute to the site.

Big Peace joins Breitbart’s empire of other successful group blogs — Big Journalism, Big Hollywood, and Big Government — and features a similar look and feel.

http://bigpeace.com/
I am not optimistic about this site.

TheConstitutionLives
07-05-2010, 12:43 AM
“We are launching Big Peace on the 4th of July because the American spirit of independence and fight, exhibited by our soldiers, is what ultimately keeps us safe."

- That's like saying you're going outside to smoke a cigarette and get some fresh air.

specsaregood
07-05-2010, 08:45 PM
“We are launching Big Peace on the 4th of July because the American spirit of independence and fight, exhibited by our soldiers, is what ultimately keeps us safe."

- That's like saying you're going outside to smoke a cigarette and get some fresh air.

Yes, that was my initial impression as well.

aclove
07-05-2010, 08:51 PM
"Big Peace will focus on foreign policy and military matters and draw from the insights of Pentagon officials, dignitaries, and experts."

So...it'll draw from the insights of the guys who would be put out of business by a Constitutional foreign policy.

Oh, yeah, this'll be totally even-handed.

Knightskye
07-05-2010, 09:17 PM
Orwellian.

Cowlesy
07-05-2010, 09:28 PM
lol @ the logo on the top of the page, purportedly representing "peace."

specsaregood
07-05-2010, 09:29 PM
Orwellian.

Yeah, don't know why they didn't just call it warISpeace.com and get it over with.

Knightskye
07-05-2010, 10:14 PM
What's on there now?

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/7056/socalledpeace.jpg

Obama being mean to Israel, our troops are too restrained, DEA catches submarine full of drugs, and an article explaining how freedom is in peril overseas and needs Lockheed Martin missiles to defend it.

Give me a break.

Yeah, two-thirds of the peace symbol, the American eagle, a naval carrier, and a soldier.

According to Penn Jillette, peace comes from free trade.

Yeah, don't know why they didn't just call it warISpeace.com and get it over with.

+1.

TNforPaul45
07-06-2010, 12:26 AM
That site is merely the outpouring of the core Neo-Conservative philosophy, namely, that Peace only comes through the Imperial smashing and complete submission of any group or nation that the core rulers declare to be "America's Enemy," America of course being simply the holdings and interests of the empowered insiders.

Sickening.

squarepusher
07-06-2010, 12:34 AM
9 months to make a blog. really?

TNforPaul45
07-06-2010, 12:38 AM
9 months to make a blog. really?

It probably took that long for them to code in the filters that prevents Ron Paul and Liberty supporters from posting or getting through on the comments.

We're a tricky bunch to keep out you see :)

Cowlesy
07-06-2010, 05:32 AM
Breitbart to his credit does a lot of awesome stuff with biggovernment.com. So I'll have to read the blog for a few weeks to get an idea of what he's trying to do with it, but like Specs, I am not optimistic. If I recall correctly, Breitbart lambasted non-interventionists at a Tea Party this year. I think it was the same tea party Ron Paul attended in DC, but I am not totally sure about that.

micahnelson
07-06-2010, 05:55 AM
Breitbart is the closest thing to Joe Goebbels in american politics today.

Luntz and Fox News, I believe, are in it for the money. I think Andy here is a True Believer.

Cowlesy
07-06-2010, 06:48 AM
Breitbart is the closest thing to Joe Goebbels in american politics today.

Luntz and Fox News, I believe, are in it for the money. I think Andy here is a True Believer.

That's a really strong opinion. I think he's done a great job of pointing out the hypocrisy of the media like when they reported on people shouting slurs at the healthcare vote, yet no one can seem to find a video. Or when the SEIU members beat up Kenneth Gladney, yet the media calls us the dangerous ones while giving the SEIU a complete pass.

I see what you mean when you say "True Believer" when I hear him chat, but I never see Breitbart explain his broad view of the world, so he's still an open book to me.

AdamT
07-06-2010, 07:12 AM
Everything on that site screams was propaganda. I felt dirty just scrolling down the homepage.