PDA

View Full Version : Barry Cooper (former NARC) tossed in jail (Ron Paul mentioned by officers)

TheConstitutionLives
07-04-2010, 09:47 PM
"He also said that once in the jail, a number of the officers revealed themselves to be fans of his activism. One, Barry said, stood up and shook his hand, claiming to be 'a big Ron Paul supporter' and 'totally in support' of Cooper's anti-prohibitionist cause."

http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0703/austinbased-drug-war-insurgent-barry-cooper-arrested-released/

Austrian Econ Disciple
07-04-2010, 09:50 PM
"He also said that once in the jail, a number of the officers revealed themselves to be fans of his activism. One, Barry said, stood up and shook his hand, claiming to be 'a big Ron Paul supporter' and 'totally in support' of Cooper's anti-prohibitionist cause."

http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0703/austinbased-drug-war-insurgent-barry-cooper-arrested-released/

You should look up Bradley Jarvis in Keene. If this guy is a big Ron Paul supporter and is a fan of civil disobedience why the hell is he a cop? Cognitive dissonance..

http://freekeene.com/2010/01/27/brad-jardis-leaves-law-enforcement/

TheConstitutionLives
07-04-2010, 09:52 PM
You should look up Bradley Jarvis in Keene. If this guy is a big Ron Paul supporter and is a fan of civil disobedience why the hell is he a cop? Cognitive dissonance..

I wouldn't be a cop but former Sheriff Mac might be considered a good one, no? I know that's an oxymoron but you get my point.

Kotin
07-04-2010, 09:53 PM

He WAS a cop..

Now he's running for attorney general of Texas if i remember correctly.

Austrian Econ Disciple
07-04-2010, 09:54 PM
He WAS a cop..

Ah. Yes, well Mack is on the record as not enforcing illegitimate laws. Perhaps I do not have the full story, care to fill in the gaps?

TheConstitutionLives
07-04-2010, 09:54 PM
He WAS a cop..

He's talking about the officer who stood up to shake Cooper's (the former cop) hand.

Jeremy
07-04-2010, 09:56 PM
Worst part of the article:

In a series of allegations police filed with Child Protective Services (CPS), Williamson County officers claimed that because the Coopers taught their children to mistrust government, they were "unsuitable parents."

TheConstitutionLives
07-04-2010, 09:59 PM
Ah. Yes, well Mack is on the record as not enforcing illegitimate laws. Perhaps I do not have the full story, care to fill in the gaps?

No, b/c I don't know the details of Mack's career as a sheriff. I was saying that some would classify Mack as an exception to the rule. Meaning, if one believes Mack was a good one then it is possible to be a "good" cop. I'm not sure it's possible b/c even a good cop uses force and I'm not a force advocate. I would be the wrong person to ask.

TheConstitutionLives
07-04-2010, 09:59 PM

Yep

low preference guy
07-04-2010, 10:01 PM
If this guy is a big Ron Paul supporter and is a fan of civil disobedience why the hell is he a cop? Cognitive dissonance..

Would it be immoral for a Ron Paul supporter to work for a "security agency" in an anarchical society? If not, should they wait to establish anarchy before working in their calling? What should they do in the meantime to sustain themselves?

specsaregood
07-04-2010, 10:04 PM

I disagree. I'm glad they printed that, better than people not knowing that is happening.

Austrian Econ Disciple
07-04-2010, 10:09 PM
No, b/c I don't know the details of Mack's career as a sheriff. I was saying that some would classify Mack as an exception to the rule. Meaning, if one believes Mack was a good one then it is possible to be a "good" cop. I'm not sure it's possible b/c even a good cop uses force and I'm not a force advocate. I would be the wrong person to ask.

No I meant for the officer in the story.

Baptist
07-04-2010, 10:11 PM
I support the Coopers and watch every video they put out. I wish they would clean up their image, though. Every year that goes by they dress freakier and have more tatoos showing. This is not going to help them gain sympathy with soccer moms and Joe six-pack who will be on the jury.

low preference guy
07-04-2010, 10:12 PM
I support the Coopers and watch every video they put out. I wish they would clean up their image, though. Every year that goes by they dress freakier and have more tatoos showing. This is not going to help them gain sympathy with soccer moms and Joe six-pack who will be on the jury.

...unless they tatoo "Jury Nullification" on their foreheads.

Jeremy
07-04-2010, 10:13 PM
I disagree. I'm glad they printed that, better than people not knowing that is happening.

Not bad that they put it in the article.

Live_Free_Or_Die
07-04-2010, 10:33 PM

Fine upstanding suit wearing folk who give lip service to the Constitution are free to exercise civil disobedience at any time.

Jeremy
07-04-2010, 10:34 PM
Fine upstanding suit wearing folk who give lip service to the Constitution are free to exercise civil disobedience at any time.

The way you dress isn't a race. Anyone can dress nice.

catdd
07-04-2010, 10:50 PM
Boy, they sure are trying to put the screws to him for making them look bad.

Matt Collins
08-24-2010, 08:41 PM
Barry Cooper fights the law, wins: Odessa drops all ‘KopBusters’ charges

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/0824/barry-cooper-fights-law-wins-odessa-drops-kopbusters-charges/